Old 11th December 2019, 11:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Owner gets donkeys to pull MG Hector; MG initiates action against him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I saw this today on Twitter:
Attachment 1944733

Rajeev is the CEO of MG India.

Umm... have they offered the customer a 100% refund or replacement of the car or clutch? The tweet does not mention that. Maybe they offered the customer the refund or replacement of the clutch and the customer wanted "more" in the form of refund or replacement of the entire car?

Cheers
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Umm... have they offered the customer a 100% refund or replacement of the car or clutch? The tweet does not mention that. Maybe they offered the customer the refund or replacement of the clutch and the customer wanted "more" in the form of refund or replacement of the entire car?

Cheers
What would "100% return" mean with respect to the clutch, in this context?
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 13:16   #78
BHPian

Joyous I am for stopping my near one's from booking the Hector without witnessing it's situation in India. I would always prefer peace of mind over gimmicks and el cheapo gizmos which would eventually go kaput or loose the charm in a month.

Paying 20 lacs upfront for a brand which conceals its identity behind another logo with the intent to mislead the customers is a big gamble which naturally did not pay off well for many of the customers.

Issues do happen with every manufacturer but the way MG has dealt with this case, it is complete naive and immature to say the last.

KIA must be celebrating and taking a lesson or two from this fiasco. This case was an opportunity for MG to provide an extra ordinary service to the customer so that trust of others are strengthened which they messed up badly.

The damage is done MG, there are many brands to look forward to, with real legacy ( read Maruti , Hyundai, Toyota ) and zero nuisance value. if you don't care, the nation won't either.

Last edited by NST440 : 11th December 2019 at 13:19. Reason: typo
NST440 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 18:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

I will refrain from calling out the culprit between the two. Both have their reasons for acting in the manner they did.

However, the words return, refund and replacement will have little meaning for a car owner unless the process and/or the amount being talked about also includes the cost components of a car that aren't necessarily paid to or through the dealership.

Did the proffered refund also include the cost of insurance and registration already borne by the customer? Would the OTR price of the replacement car be fully paid for by MG?

Unless we know the answers to these, I am afraid the controversy will refuse to die. Either MG or the aggrieved customer (whom GTO has already offered a chance to present his case via the forum) should come out with the full facts of the matter.
dailydriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 10:23   #80
BHPian

First of all 20 lakhs is not a simple thing for Indian customer. A brand new car with some critical issue is not acceptable from QC point of view. Then, the customer with sane mind would not resort to do this public stunt in the first instance. He might have tried few ways to come to an amicable solution. But the offer given might have pissed him off. Different people have different ways how they take certain things and react; I feel for the Customer as he had paid full amount, the car company pocketed the money and then for any issue, they bring the fine prints in the agreement to the fore and say "we will follow the process and fix it".

It is not simply acceptable for someone who dream of buying a car for long and adores his purchase. Now he is heart broken and resorted to this extreme. The car company is at fault as they let go off a great opportunity to satisfy a customer and the goodwill they might have gained.

Just read this and this happened few weeks back. I recently purchased a Kindle from Amazon US for my son, just before the Black Friday sales started. Right after my order, the price went down by almost 40% as the deal kicked in then only, I realised. Immediately I cancelled the order successfully and received the refund. But somehow the Kindle still got delivered to my address. I dialed up the CS of Amazon. I explained the story. The lady at the other end, did not waste a second and said, "Sir, you seem to be very honest and you are a loyal customer of Amazon from 2013. We would like to give this as a gift for you. Please keep it. I told them, no, I would pay for it. She was adamant to give it for free!". This is not the first time for me. This is what...process simplification and empowerment of employee to make decisions that brings the company repeated customers. Someone please recommend to keep Amazon as a subject in MBA!

Last edited by sgmuser : 12th December 2019 at 10:27. Reason: spacing
sgmuser is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:09   #81
BHPian

Is there any information about what happened since? Has MG actually gone through with their threat or has it been resolved?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 00:25   #82
BANNED

Quote:
I saw this today on Twitter:
Attachment 1944733

Rajeev is the CEO of MG India.
That post wasn't there anymore, it was deleted by the user!
Old 23rd January 2020, 00:28   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
That post wasn't there anymore, it was deleted by the user!
Nope. Very much there: https://twitter.com/nair_san/status/1203539019209957376
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 00:31   #84
BANNED

Quote:
After a simple search/scan through that profile I didn't find that, thanks for the link.

While scrolling through the above link found this. Looks like there are many troubled customers.

Owner gets donkeys to pull MG Hector; MG initiates action against him-screenshot_20200123004109615_com.twitter.android.jpg

Owner gets donkeys to pull MG Hector; MG initiates action against him-img_20200123_004159.jpg

Owner gets donkeys to pull MG Hector; MG initiates action against him-img_20200123_004202.jpg

Owner gets donkeys to pull MG Hector; MG initiates action against him-img_20200123_004205.jpg

Last edited by wheelguy : 23rd January 2020 at 00:46.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

What language is that? and what kind of a lawyer uses Comic Sans font!?

Reading the notice reminds me of the lawyer in the movie Jolly LLB

I'm actually shocked that such people DO exist!
GrammarNazi is online now   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks