Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 08:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

RTOs across Maharashtra state to soon get automated test tracks

The transport department has announced Rs.156 crore for the project, in which CCTV's will asses driving skills.

Quote:

The state Transport Department will soon install automated driving test tracks (ADTT) at Regional Transport Offices around Maharashtra, starting in Mumbai. On Tuesday, met Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways to discuss the issue. Following the meeting, Gadkari announced Rs 156 crore towards the project.

At present there are driving simulators at a few RTOs in the city. At Tardeo RTO, there is a proper 250-metre test track for learners to give their test. The rest of the RTOs in Mumbai conduct driving tests on roads. The automated test measures an applicant’s overall driving skills and is recorded on sensor-based CCTV cameras placed along the track. The tests include reversing a vehicle, driving on hairpin bends, parallel parking, driving on an incline, swerving the vehicle on loops shaped like 8, etc. The track has obstacles, speed breakers, signals, inclines, declines and other problems that a driver encounters on a regular basis. There is no human intervention at any stage of the test, and the licence is issued on the basis of the assessment made by the computer.
Source: https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/mumba...w/73948205.cms
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 09:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: RTOs across Maharashtra state to soon get automated test tracks

I cant do any thing but pull my hair apart as a tax payer.

I dont know where do they get these random ideas from. Just look at the RTOs in Mumbai, cramped as hell. And out of the things to improve in an RTO, is this the most worthy of such an investment.
2000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed