Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 23:08   #76
BHPian

Re: Zero-Alcohol Beer: Your best friend if you are driving back your friends from a party

Not a beer lover myself but I have had the liberty of drinking these a lot while working in Afghanistan for the last 10 years, as these were the only privileged thing we had out there for parties of all sort.

IMHO, it just gives you 100% fizzy feel of drinking any other alcoholic beer with 75% taste minus the kick which associated with alcoholic beers. Chilled one tastes good obviously. I liked ‘Beck’s’ better as it taste so close to a real beer whereas ‘Stella’ holds the second place (Not sure whether these are available here or not!). Anyhow too much of these would put you in the same ballpark of having other artificially flavoured sodas I assume.

That being said, here in India, I would pick a strong black coffee without sugar (not inclined towards sweetness) any day while I am driving instead of these. I always plan my drives ahead and stays away from consuming any sort of alcohol at least 24 hours prior the drive. For emergencies and unplanned drives, I happily let my better half, nephews and or cousins do the honours.
cjnigesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 10:35   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Zero-Alcohol Beer: Your best friend if you are driving back your friends from a party

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrB View Post
Would it be sold through wine shops or it is going to be available everywhere?
I smell a conspiracy. Because this zero-alcohol beer is cheaper + not addictive (like alcohol-based drinks), I think there is a concerted effort to restrict its presence. My staff spent almost 2 hours visiting various shops (including wine shops) in the area, but it wasn't available anywhere. Finally, they ordered it online (available on Amazon, Big Basket and Coolberg.in).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 11:00   #78
BANNED

The Zero Alcohol beer was invented to cater for the crown which spent time in the UK, Europe, or whatever. When they went back home they felt 'thirsty'. So Beer was brewed and then the Ethanol removed by RO.

@GTO; this stuff will be cheaper since it may attract Zero or at least lower excise.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 23:13   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, in these strange times, I'm really enjoying these cool ones after a long but staccato day at work/home, sitting in the balcony, looking at a moon that has not been so clear in 30 years now.
My daily store is running out constantly of these because apparently a lot of regular drinkers are using it as placebo.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 08:48   #80
KMT
BHPian

This proposition is difficult for me to come to terms with.
Consuming unproductive carbohydrates and calories in ZAB kind of misses the mark in my opinion.
Is it not better to have a (sour) fresh lime soda with salt to give you company when you want to drink alcohol?
Alternatively a black coffee, short or long also is a good placebo.

Its just that since us Indians consume ao much carbo and sugar and are genetically predisposed to sugar and renal issues, it seems better to be judicious with calorie intake.

Have ZAB if you are REALLY enjoying the drink per se, alternatively unsweetened black coffee or lime soda are worth considering.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th April 2020 at 03:44. Reason: Typos.
KMT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 16:47   #81
BHPian

Had this today, 3 cans of Budweiser and still not high. Wife is shouting “ subah se kaun peeta hai”
Had read this thread, never knew of this concept earlier
Saw it in Reliance fresh and bought 4 cans
Was shocked to see later in the bill that each was just for 9 bucks, probably clearing stock ( expiry is 16th may) during lockdown. It tastes nice, would have bought many more if I knew the price.
I have stopped drinking along with smoking ( quit is a dangerous word) from
3rd March, so I think I’ll carry this to parties to give my friends company.
Look forward to some Heineken soon
@mods: please delete pics if inappropriate
Attached Thumbnails
Zero-Alcohol Beer: Your best friend if you are driving back your friends from a party-d6f511760b7e49c485aec7fb30736bc9.jpeg  

Zero-Alcohol Beer: Your best friend if you are driving back your friends from a party-b550ef58de7b49dfa71878cd5a163285.jpeg  

Zero-Alcohol Beer: Your best friend if you are driving back your friends from a party-33b134ebfce04bacbd0a24003fe32e6a.jpeg  

Zero-Alcohol Beer: Your best friend if you are driving back your friends from a party-bc626fa41ba54c6ea5fa5dc649006a62.jpeg  

vikramvicky1984 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 20:31   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Had this today, 3 cans of Budweiser and still not high. Wife is shouting “ subah se kaun peeta hai”
-snip-
@mods: please delete pics if inappropriate
You could give a shot to the brown bottled coolberg. I think its called "malt beer", not the flavored ones. Its quite decent.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 02:29   #83
BHPian

Guys, give me some advice, to someone who is addicted to thumps up for the fizz that helps ease out the burps post a heavy or oily meal or helps relax at night after a hectic day, is this zero beer really worth switching too?
Old 19th April 2020, 10:44   #84
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Guys, give me some advice, to someone who is addicted to thumps up for the fizz
Only you can answer that . However, zero-alcohol beers do have lesser sugar than Thums Up / other colas, so it would be my choice over them.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st April 2020 at 07:43. Reason: Thums Up
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 11:34   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only you can answer that . However, zero-alcohol beers do have lesser sugar than thumbs up / other colas, so it would be my choice over them.

Thanks GTO, will give it a try. Any recommendations for cola flavoured zero beers or the ones which can come close?
Old 19th April 2020, 12:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

For someone who has been deprived off the occasional beer or wine , i happened to sight this in our local grocer and picked up 4 '0' Heineken's. Must say that I was pleased for 4 days last week. But for this thread , I doubt if I may have sighted it in the alleys of that store.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 17:40   #87
Senior - BHPian

I am a beer drinker and I usually have beer stocked up my fridge most of the time. However with this sudden lockdown announced, I didn't get a chance to stock up enough to last a month. I enjoyed for 2 weekends with existing stock but that's it.

However I was craving for beer last Sunday and decided to give Zero-Alcohol beer a try. Ordered 10 nos. Heineken 0.0 online which got delivered by Wednesday.

Last night managed to gulp down 4 cans while watching Fauda on Netflix. Taste was not at all that bad and I kind of enjoyed Saturday night in terms "Netflix & Chill-ed (Heineken)"

Definitely a great alternative to fizzy Colas.
Attached Thumbnails
Zero-Alcohol Beer: Your best friend if you are driving back your friends from a party-img_20200419_170647_4.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 13:46   #88
BANNED

Hoegaarden 0.0% Non-Alcohol Beer now available on Amazon

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B086CF6KYQ?...7-38a3b616060f
turbo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 15:47   #89
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Happy to be corrected, but I think you never can get high on these regardless of how many you have
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 09:11   #90
BHPian

Happened to be at Spencer's on one of these days and found 2 brands of zero alcohol beer on the rack. Since it was close to the soft drinks rack did a quick comparison of the sugar / carb contents. I was surprised to see that both the soft drink and zero alcohol beers have similar sugar content of 9 to 13 gm / 100 ml. So my question is then how come this is better option than regular commercial soft drinks on the market except the variety in flavours?
haisaikat is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks