Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2020, 14:22   #1
PKG

Toll plazas & booths should display the toll price!

This is on the Nice road in Bangalore. When you want to enter the Nice road from Kanakapura Road towards Hosur Road, the toll Plaza/ Booths don't have the rates mentioned. I had to use this stretch once every week for 3 weeks and this was the first time I was going this way. First week, I did not know the price and looked all around and did not see the price, the collector asked me where I would exit and said Rs.70. I did not ask him where is the board assuming I may have missed it. Following week, I did not see again and asked the collector, he said 'i'm there to inform we don't display'. 3rd week, I asked for a Supervisor, a big bully comes and says there is an LED board which displays the rates. Please see pics, it was switched off. I tell him its off, he says no Power, we will put it back on.
Question here is in this situation, the collector can demand as much as he likes.. he issues a bill, where is the time to check if its correct/ legitimate/ correct?
there is a big line behind and you cannot take a few secs more - people honk. there is NO Fast Tag on this road. is there no one to Question the ways and means of this road operator?
Attached Thumbnails
Toll plazas & booths should display the toll price!-img20200312095735.jpg  

Toll plazas & booths should display the toll price!-nice7.jpg  

Toll plazas & booths should display the toll price!-nice8.jpg  

Toll plazas & booths should display the toll price!-inkednice6_li.jpg  

PKG is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 18:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Toll plazas & booths should display the toll price!

Correct me if I am wrong, but NICE Road used to have big boards before the toll with the pricing on it. Is it possible you missed the boards. I agree that the toll booth should have it as well, and in the past they had painted boards. Maybe with the switch to LED there have been a few hiccups.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 20:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

When it comes to NICE, it is wishful thinking to expect them to follow anything that is standard as per MoRTH or any other governing authority. This includes road designs, median markings, absolutely unscientific mergings and what not.

For most of us, this is just a stretch of tarmac that we pay and use to get out to another corner from one in shorter time.

Heck, during one of the incidents few years before, they had just one crane for the entire 40Km stretch and 8 toll booths and that too was under repairs.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 23:58   #4
PKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but NICE Road used to have big boards before the toll with the pricing on it. Is it possible you missed the boards. I agree that the toll booth should have it as well, and in the past they had painted boards. Maybe with the switch to LED there have been a few hiccups.
Unfortunately sir at the entrance I mentioned the price list was missing. I saw this 3 weeks in a row and then took pics and posted this. Yes in past they had the price list boards and also the price was painted on wall of the toll collector. This is missing. As mentioned by Parag, they have no checks or balances, can increase rates at will, road quality is not worth the money paid. We have no choices so
Any other NH, I suppose the rates are less than Rs.2.00 Per KM, here its in excess of Rs.4.00. This is the reason Late night heavy trucks come inside the city.
PKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 00:16   #5
BHPian

ORR (Outer Ring Road) in Hyderabad on the other hand has a big board with toll amount mentioned but it is just too difficult to grasp the correct row and column based on the entry and exit point. So I rely on the amount reflected on the receipt. But I do check the receipt every time once it is handed over.

Displaying the toll amount will be helpful for the operator as well as few folks will be able to tender exact amount or denomination closest to it.

Is there any reason they haven't implemented FASTag yet? Are they happy dealing with so much cash and tendering change for such high volume of traffic?
BrakeFree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 06:57   #6
BHPian

Cash was a very prominent mode of transmission for coronavirus in China
Lets hope they realise this soon and implement fast tag atleast for this reason .
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 08:10   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toll plazas & booths should display the toll price!

The prices for various categories of vehicles - and any return pricing are displayed on boards leading up to the toll booth. These are placed in the last 500 meters, and on the left side.

Check in other places too .. What you are saying is already there, but may be the booths you have passed through are not meeting this requirement.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 19:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeFree View Post
Is there any reason they haven't implemented FASTag yet? Are they happy dealing with so much cash and tendering change for such high volume of traffic?
With cash there is much scope for manipulation and skimming off money. With the Fastag all the money is automatically accounted for. And worse, the Fastag isn't a deposit the toll operator gets in advance to make interest on.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 10:03   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Thread moved to the Street Experiences section!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks