Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 17:01   #1
BHPian

How to safely transport a Covid-19 passenger

Thought this is good information to share (not sure if this should be under Road Safety though)

The government here in Bahrain has released information on how a suspected/active Corona case can be transported by car.

Please follow the rules in your own country/state. This may not be allowed where you live. This is for information only.

How to safely transport a Covid-19 passenger-637248138559548000carenpage001.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 637248138559548000-Car-EN.pdf (793.8 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by GTO : 18th September 2020 at 19:10. Reason: Converting to image for the convenience of readers :). Thanks for sharing!
NDK286 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 19:18   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to safely transport a Covid-19 passenger

Nice one. Thanks for sharing! I would also follow similar guidelines when using an Uber / Ola (although I don't see myself cabbing in the near future).

One more tip to stay as far from each other as possible = the passenger can sit on the left-rear, while the driver is on the right-front. So, more distance & the passenger isn't right behind the driver either.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 20:54   #3
BHPian

The guidelines made by regional authorities also keep in mind what is more easily available locally so as not to confuse the common people.

As such, for fabric seat surfaces that are porous, Hydrogen Peroxide is more effective disinfectant and way cheaper in the right concentration. Its better if the seat covers used are like Faux leather, even better wrapped in plastic sheets that allows using alcohol based disinfectants.

Also the disinfection post off boarding of the passenger from vehicle must also include all outside door handles too, essentially not just the inside but whatever potentially can be touched by the passenger before the next person boards. Otherwise it becomes passenger responsibility to empty those expensive gas filled cans of surface disinfectants popularly available on the market.
Old 18th September 2020, 23:30   #4
BHPian

A friend of mine had a family member who was presenting symptoms (and eventually tested positive) who had to be taken to the hospital. He used tarpaulin to separate the front of the car from the rear. Yes, IRVM was inoperational at this time. And also had the rear windows completely open to facilitate circulation. I don't think there is any formula but whatever works to one's comfort level and medical advice should work well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks