Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2020, 23:44   #31
BHPian

Re: Beware: PayTM Fastag scam via agents

Thanks for sharing this with other users here. I personally avoid human interaction as much as possible. So when my time had come to apply for a FASTag, I came to know from team-bhp itself that one can apply online via paytm app.

And I am glad that I did via paytm app. It was hassle free and the tag was delivered to my doorstep within a week with zero human contact.

Unfortunately, there are lot of people out there inventing new ways to fleece hard working , law abiding citizen like us. Glad you were alert and went back to claim what was yours.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 07:15   #32
BHPian

Looks like agent was trying to make a quick buck from unaware customers. If GoI is offering zero security deposit scheme, they should advertise it at Point of Sale.

I paid 250 security deposit online for each of my two tags, and it reflects online when I check under manage tags. For me, Paytm has been most seemless experience. I had ICICI earlier, and their web interface was too confusing with too many options, settings etc. Paytm is very simple to manage. However, I initially faced problem when fastag wallet was not linked to the main wallet, and fastag was not working due to insufficient balance. I raised a complaint on their app, and they resolved it in 24 hrs. Since then it has been smooth sailing.
Comrade is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 14:00   #33
BHPian

I bought the mandatory fastag from PayTM through the dealer while purchasing the new car last year, and its currently showing the 'Refundable Security Amount' of Rs 200/- in the details.

I had very good experience with the fastag closure with PayTM as well. When I sold my old car, I applied for tag closure through the app, and within 7 days got the refund of 250/- back to the fastag valet.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 20:12   #34
BHPian

I got my second tag from Paytm about 2 years ago. It was delivered in about 5 days in Delhi NCR. I had an earlier one with ICICI and it has some balance of around 200 plus whatever security deposit. I haven’t bothered about a refund as the hassle is not worth it. Similarly if I needed a new tag now and a person say from Paytm provided it instantly without hassle vs. waiting for a week, I would not mind paying an extra 250 or even 500 for the convenience. If I were to need a new tag, I would see if the security deposit can be easily refunded via the app. Otherwise I am not too bothered about such a relatively trivial expense every few years.
Old 29th October 2020, 00:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
EVM Isuzu had issued me a Fast tag from The South Indian Bank which somehow I got a message that it has been activated. And I was told that there's no need for KYC as it was connected to my bank account and I can recharge at will. Scared my socks off. Immediately changed to Paytm.
Guess it must be bank specific. But still, unless there is some way to siphon off money through the FASTAG, i just don't see it. Max, they might be able to get their hands on money for tolls that you dispute.
Old 29th October 2020, 13:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Guess it must be bank specific. But still, unless there is some way to siphon off money through the FASTAG, i just don't see it. Max, they might be able to get their hands on money for tolls that you dispute.

Could it be that one is able to auto-recharge the tag once it reaches certain threshold if it linked to bank account?
Old 10th November 2020, 17:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Could it be that one is able to auto-recharge the tag once it reaches certain threshold if it linked to bank account?
No such feature with Kotak atleast. You have to explicitly do it.
Old 15th November 2020, 22:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Indusind Fastag does provide this feature.
Old 15th March 2021, 19:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post

Follow the steps.
1. Open Paytm app.
2. Search and go to orders and bookings section.
3. Once that opens, most select shopping.
4. Scroll to option where your fastag shopping is listed.
5. Select fastag.
6. In the next page you see invoice.
7. Download the invoice pdf.
8. The downloaded pdf file will be having all necessary components enlisted serial wise.

Your invoice should look something like this
Did anyone try this? In my case it shows error message as "IMEI details not updated for item ids". Whatever that means.

In any case we should ask Paytm to refund us this 250 rupees.

If I understood it correctly, even the minimum 150 rupees balance is not required nowadays link
Old 1st November 2021, 11:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Did anyone try this? In my case it shows error message as "IMEI details not updated for item ids". Whatever that means.

In any case we should ask Paytm to refund us this 250 rupees.

If I understood it correctly, even the minimum 150 rupees balance is not required nowadays link
I just tried to download the invoice, and got the same error.

BTW did you try to get Paytm to refund the Rs 250 and/or RS 150?
Old 6th June 2022, 14:57   #41
BHPian

Does Paytm give an option to disable fast-tag temporarily?
Can i stick a paper or RFID blocker so that my Paytm balance is not deducted?

I have loaned my Honda Brio to my brother, who will be using in the interim.
He is an army person and is exempted from paying tag at all fast-tag tolls under NHAI?

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 6th June 2022 at 14:59.
Old 6th June 2022, 21:33   #42
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Does Paytm give an option to disable fast-tag temporarily?
Can i stick a paper or RFID blocker so that my Paytm balance is not deducted?

I have loaned my Honda Brio to my brother, who will be using in the interim.
He is an army person and is exempted from paying tag at all fast-tag tolls under NHAI?
Probably just remove the sticker to be on the safer side. You can get a new one for cheap if it gets damaged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks