Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 19:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Public Parking Lots - Safe long-term storage for enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
The one in CR2 mall is a boon for people like me working in Nariman Point as that place is like a nightmare to get parking if you reach post 10 am and more so with more people driving down (including me) in absence of local trains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
CR2 Parking, Nariman Point[/url]: Catering primarily to the Nariman Point commercial buildings, you can spot many oldies
Mumbai folks: I need to visit the Mumbai FRRO tomorrow morning in Fort (Badruddin Tayyabji Marg, Behind St. Xavier's College). Driving down from Pune in my Scorpio.

Where is the best place to park in the area? Need something safe that can handle an SUV, preferably indoors. Is CR2 Mall the best option and then take an auto from there to FRRO and back?

Please help me Mumbai guys! Thanks.
Old 28th November 2022, 20:14   #17
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Where is the best place to park in the area? Need something safe that can handle an SUV, preferably indoors. Is CR2 Mall the best option and then take an auto from there to FRRO and back?
You can find parking in & around Fort,Horniman circle area provided you reach much before 10am! Parking would be out in the open though. For indoors, CR2 Mall at Nariman Point is your best bet. You can take a cab from there.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 20:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post

Please help me Mumbai guys! Thanks.
Since you’re coming from Pune and will use the freeway to reach Fort you can try your luck near Fountain in Fort where you have paid open parking or a little further ahead near Kala Ghoda. It all depends on what time of the day you reach as if you arrive before 10 am then chances of getting a slot is higher. CR2 is further away from Fort and is a closed/shaded parking place and then you have to take a cab from there to Fort and back (no auto in this part of Mumbai)
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 20:00   #19
BHPian

Does anyone know the current rates for safe car parking? Hoodlums should not damage cars. CCTV coverage is a must and I am looking for month-long parking.
Old 6th December 2023, 09:09   #20
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a paid parking near Colaba/flora fountain? Driving down from baroda on the way to hyderabad and want to park for 4 hours. Will reach around 4 PM.
Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 10:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Can anyone suggest a paid parking near Colaba/flora fountain? Driving down from baroda on the way to hyderabad and want to park for 4 hours. Will reach around 4 PM.
Thanks
You'd enter Mumbai from Ghodbunder Road and then take exit to Thane-Belapur Road to continue your journey towards HYD. Unless you'd want to enter Mumbai and traverse the entire length from Dahisar upto Colaba.

Any specific reason why would you want to have your car parked in Colaba/FF ?
Old 6th December 2023, 10:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
You'd enter Mumbai from Ghodbunder Road and then take exit to Thane-Belapur Road to continue your journey towards HYD. Unless you'd want to enter Mumbai and traverse the entire length from Dahisar upto Colaba.

Any specific reason why would you want to have your car parked in Colaba/FF ?
Want to spend some time shopping and at leopolds.
Old 6th December 2023, 11:20   #23
One
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
Right before the entrance of Colaba (Causeway), there's a circle which regulates the traffic flow across multiple lanes at that junction. It is paid parking ( typically full on working days).

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZrMpe2153mNhD2U39

That's the closest to Colaba. Do update us if you are able to park there easily due to it being a working day (you might need to leave your keys there)

There are other parking areas at Fort (around Flora Fountain) - just Google "parking at Kala Ghoda" which are your next options.
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:27   #24
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone suggest a paid parking near Colaba/flora fountain? Driving down from baroda on the way to hyderabad and want to park for 4 hours. Will reach around 4 PM. Thanks
Most of the parking slots get filled up in & around Fort area before 11am! You'll have to keep circling around & look for empty slots. If not, you can park your at CR2 Mall at Nariman Point which is further ahead.
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 07:58   #25
BHPian

Was able to park in front of oval maidan, opposite the high court. Reached around 10 AM and found an empty slot. Parked for 4 hours and paid Rs 150 total. The attendant was asking for Rs 200. It was a short walk to colaba causeway from there. I could see parking available at the regal cinema parking lot in front of the cinema hall even around 2 pm but I think I would have had to pay much more if I had parkes there.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/FAasJBWmXx436idd9

Thanks for all the advise
hothatchaway is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks