Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 22:09   #16
BHPian

Re: The good & bad of society and technology | Story of stuff stolen from a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Came across this
Nice thread.

For me, anything and everything goes in the trunk / boot. Nothing of value on the rear seats or in plain sight. Other than maybe a tissue box or water bottle, there is nothing in plain sight. No coins or anything else.

These days, a Sanitizer is the new addition

I go an additional step as well, If I know I am going to be parking in a public place like a parking lot or mall parking, I would never keep the stuff in the trunk at the destination and walk away. I make sure to keep the stuff in the trunk before setting off itself. God knows, who is keeping a eye on the cars in the public parking spots.
Old 18th February 2021, 23:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The good & bad of society and technology | Story of stuff stolen from a car

Few things to follow perhaps:
1. Keep windows rolled up, doors locked.
2. Keep most items in boot at the start of the trip rather than at the end of the trip at parking spot.
3. If there are valuables that need to be kept in car towards the end of the trip, stop at a safe place just before the final parking spot, keep items in boot and then proceed to the destination.
4. Prefer more secure parking rather than the one that is free.

I think I remember reading once (on team-bhp?) regarding a lady’s similar ordeal of theft while she was stationary in her ?fiesta at a traffic signal. Her phone was lifted from the speedo console area by a thief.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks