Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2007, 16:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

My contribution towards road saftey.

There are some cab drivers who think that they are the bosses and rest of the world is a big bunch of idots. Espessially the cab drivers in haryana who incedently also own a cab are more found of these kind of behaviour, well the argument started with something else (Not turning on the AC) but finally it turned out that he was also under influence and hence i am happy that i was able to atleast teach a lesson to the cab driver, please find attached the email below that i had sent to the transport department.

To: R. Pramod Kumar; Transport
Cc: Amandeep Kaushik; Chandra Shekharan; Yusha Rizvi; Nishun Sharma
Subject: RE: Transport issue 'HR 69 T 6901'

Pramod
As Nishat is on leave and coming on 26th April , I have personally spoken to the vendor to stop this cab from today

Jitender : for your information I have spoken to Pandey ,kindly see to that this driver is not to be seen in the office again

R. Pramod Kumar Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 5:15 AM
To: Nishat Akhter
Cc: Manik Kochhar; Amandeep Kaushik; Chandra Shekharan; Yusha Rizvi; Nishun Sharma
Subject: Transport issue 'HR 69 T 6901'

Hi Nishat,
This is to inform you of the incident that took place during the drop at 4:00 Am 20 April 2007.There were 7 people to be dropped in the cab no. HR69 T 6901 and it took the driver a good 10 minutes post 4 Am to end his discussion with the transport supervisor and agree to drop all the employees. Right after that the way he took the cab was actually dangerous it was as if he was trying to race to some finish line, the music was equally loud. since the cab was a bit crowded it was very hot inside we asked the cab driver to switch the AC on he straight away said that “I am not a mad man and I have been dropping people for some time now and the AC is used only during the pickup” for this I then called up the transport supervisor to clarify this and he asked me to some how pacify the driver and to request him for the AC again. In spite of many requests he was still adamant on this and if wrote on the roster that the AC is not being used, for that the driver got offended and started to read what I had written on the roster while he was still driving, Nishat I am not exaggerating things but we had a lot of narrow misses today. I believe that we have to give more consideration to our employee’s safety and also make sure that these kind of rash drivers are taught a lesson who make things difficult for themselves and others on the road. This mail is written by me from home so I hope you understand the importance of the situation. And i expect to see some immediate action on this because this kind of issues are ever rising

Pramod Kumar
Old 20th April 2007, 16:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Good effort, Pramod !!
The prompt mail from you brought out the urgency of the situation.
Hope all concerned vendors also behave the same way, and take such complaints into account while hiring cabs in their fleet.
Old 20th April 2007, 16:35   #3
BHPian

they all are same .. but good that management reacted promptly..
Old 20th April 2007, 19:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

i am Part of the management team
Old 20th April 2007, 20:41   #5
BHPian

Great to see people complaining and action being taken too..
Old 20th April 2007, 22:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Gys this is not for the first time that i am doing such a thing, most of the people enjoy being driven rash, " Bhaiya aur teez saala skoda wala age nikal gaya" is the usual mentality call center agents have. This usually gives these drivers an upper hand when someone is hurt, they get out by saying "staff ne kaha tha" but usually some poor motorist ends up loosing his no claims bonus. This is just one step i see our resposible comunity taking a brave stand against these highspeed maniacs.
Old 24th April 2007, 13:25   #7
BHPian

Great work Pramod. I have seen cabs being driven in wild manner and occupants sitting with thier mouth shut. They think it is the driver who is responsible for any mishap. But what if they are hurt?

They should me made to realize even they are at fault if they don't raise any objection against it.
Old 24th April 2007, 15:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

This bring my old memories back...while waiting for my turn at the toll plaza a TATA "Call center" Sumo came and hit my zen from behind damaging the hatch 5th door, the tail lights, bumper and when I asked him why couldn't he stop..the only answer I got was I have pass and u were in my way!!! and its not his fault but mine and when I took him to the police station the accident was reported as a minor accident since I was unhurt (I care for my life and hence wear a seat belt). Think If the seat belt wasnt there and a sumo comes and hits ur car at 60-80 KMPH from rear...would u be say that its a MINOR accident just because u are unhurt...all thanks to the seat belt.
Old 25th April 2007, 01:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
This bring my old memories back...while waiting for my turn at the toll plaza a TATA "Call center" Sumo came and hit my zen from behind damaging the hatch 5th door, the tail lights, bumper and when I asked him why couldn't he stop..the only answer I got was I have pass and u were in my way!!! and its not his fault but mine and when I took him to the police station the accident was reported as a minor accident since I was unhurt (I care for my life and hence wear a seat belt). Think If the seat belt wasnt there and a sumo comes and hits ur car at 60-80 KMPH from rear...would u be say that its a MINOR accident just because u are unhurt...all thanks to the seat belt.

I am sure the cops must have tried to negotiate as it happened to my cab driver once, He used to do about 12 routes a day (poor guy had a huge installment on his cab and wanted to get it off sooner) and he knew that i drive well , so his plans was to come pick me up and sleep but he passed off enroute my home and got on a pavement, there was begger sleeping there and his cab haulted near that begger and i am very sure it did not hit him but still he made a huge hue and cry (no wonders) and finally the poor cab driver ended up paying 10K to the cops and not to mention the dammage caused to the cab he then called me and i went to the police station and bailed him out. Finally i ended up picking all others with my car. i know its crazy but i kinda liked this guy because the hard work he used to do to support his family. So guys its not about thretning a poor cab driver but being responsible about others who might get hurt, I have never seen an employee who wants to reach fast to office but every one wants to reach home fast, so there is where the problem lies.

Last edited by pramodkumar : 25th April 2007 at 01:14.
Old 25th April 2007, 09:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Its a chicken and egg story. The cabbies are paid on the number of routes they run, and they are fined heavily by the companies (esp call centers) if they bring them back late. During my brief tennure in a support center, there was a tragic accident, where one of my friends lost his life, and several other were injured. The erring driver had been involved in minor accidents earlier, and yet nothing had been done.

With the IT boom, the demand far outstrips the supply and the "koi bath nahi" attitude allows them to prevail on the roads, oblivious to the damage they cause, and the hazard they actually pose.

I got into a tiff with a cabbie the other day, and they really dont care if there is a scratch on the tempo traveller or sumo, It wont show, but our cars get badly bruised.

Is there a solution to this menace? I wonder....
Old 25th April 2007, 10:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yup..Madan..get yourself a SUMO or a Safari..or a bigger vehicle..THAT is the only thing they respect..infact the BIGGER the BETTER..

ofcourse the other magical vehicle atleast in chennai is an AUTORIKSHAW!!
Old 25th April 2007, 11:25   #12
BHPian

I am scared of Call center Cabbies and Sumos.
It looks like, they are very high on confidence and never have the provision for few % of mistake from others.

You may be parfect in driving but you equally have to respect the other drivers, there can be a person driving with L. But they dont care.

Anytime I see a call center cabbie honking behind me to the limits, I actually slow down and ask the gentleman to keep it low, there are very few who understand the language, other need some other treatment.

I remember a incident at the Inorbit Junction in Malad, Mumbai. A indica cabbie just pushed his cabbie in the wrong signal to move towards SV road and just stop avoiding the collision with my car and the car on other side. He had a big attitude of a ruler. On telling him the mistake he started shouting at us ( me and the other driver). We tamed him only afrer getting dow from the car and standing by driver's door to ask for an opology with our hands forcing to slap him.

This is not to show the heroic efforts but this affects us also, increases blood pressure, put us at unrest and may lead to another incident by our restlessness.

Somehow I have made a habit to give them way by pulling car away from them.
Old 25th April 2007, 11:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Once got hit by the BMTC bus. I stopped at a traffic light since it turned red. The guy behind expected I will run through the light since there was no traffic. Luckily I watch my rear view mirror whenever I stop and seeing the bus coming so close I moved a little bit but still got some damage at the rear.
Old 25th April 2007, 11:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

In my first company where we had company buses (Eicher Buses) run by a contractor and we had a similar situation. Each bus used to race against the other. They then brought a rule that no bus can overtake another company bus. This really slowed things down. They went further ahead and installed speed governors (60 kmph) in all vehicles. Prior to this the night shift buses used to be driven at speeds exceeding 100 kmph with most of the employees fast asleep. I think the parent company needs to lay down rules that can be monitored.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks