Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 16:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bad Riders Thread

Please peruse the attached Facebook post that highlights the stupidity of riders in general.

The accident was inevitable, even if the Nissan was slower as the rider was in hurry to tear through traffic. On top if it, the helmet too wasn't strapped properly.
Old 14th June 2021, 12:12   #32

Expecting the riders to have common sense, when the entire country has lost it and shows no sign of getting it back is unrealistic. I wonder is there anything that Indians do with common sense ?

Add to that the massive inequality in living conditions and job opportunities and income, this is very much expected. You can't solve one problem alone (because you have it) without even trying to fix the root cause.

Common sense is actually not common. India is a very different country from the west and we can't expect the same rules to work here. I am a very new car driver and in the few months that I have driven so far , I've encountered people who have helped me along and that includes pedestrians , cyclist and bikers. It all depends on how you treat them when you drive a car. In a country where the government doesn't care, the people should care for each other instead of being "look at me in my car, I expect you to follow the rules that favor me".

I have also encountered those that, bully me because I have a big "L" on my windscreen and most of them drove "A CAR". Surprisingly they all disappeared as soon as I removed my "L" after a week, although I don't drive any different now than I did then.

Having said all that , the things that I dread on the road are lorries and buses, not pedestrians or cyclists or bikers or even bullies in cars.

ps: I have been a pedestrian , cyclist , biker and now I also drive a car.
Old 17th June 2021, 12:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilan1597 View Post
Common sense is actually not common. India is a very different country from the west and we can't expect the same rules to work here.
Common sense is an uncommon commodity... The funniest thing is seeing the same Indians who flout rules brazenly become the most disciplined rule followers outside of India. I am pretty sure the difference is the volume of fines and punishments as well the strict enforcement (with no "privileged" rule breakers in general).

Quote:
ps: I have been a pedestrian , cyclist , biker and now I also drive a car.
Ditto on all, and I am active on all modes, yet completely fail to understand not following rules, which are all designed to help me preserve what I carry above my shoulders...

I guess for the rule breakers time, prestige, convenience and fuel are more important than their own life
Old 18th June 2021, 09:05   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
I guess for the rule breakers time, prestige, convenience and fuel are more important than their own life
Exactly my point. Their lives are so bitter that they care much less about it than say 'I can save some time and fuel here'. And you can't change that with rules.
Old 18th June 2021, 23:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Having said all that , the things that I dread on the road are lorries and buses, not pedestrians or cyclists or bikers or even bullies in cars.
Interesting, and strange you have not mentioned autos and taxis.

I feel buses and trucks to be the sanest of them all, especially on highways. Within the city, however, a large majority of bus drivers turn to monsters though.
Old 20th June 2021, 09:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Please peruse the attached Facebook post that highlights the stupidity of riders in general.
Obviously a majority of the blame goes to the cyclist crossing a lane without watching out for traffic.

However my question is different. Seeing how the cyclist got up immediately, is it advisable to do so ? Shouldn't one first confirm nothing is broken and / or twisted plus no concussion or major injuries before attempting to walk after getting thrown off your cycle by a fast moving vehicle ?

Here if the road is clear you have to be even more alert than slow moving traffic.

Last edited by luvDriving : 20th June 2021 at 09:50. Reason: Quote
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:27   #37
BHPian

A funny crash video from my apartment CCTV. Old video but this shows how a small miss can mess up someone's new car bumper.

Old 30th July 2021, 12:07   #38
BHPian

Two wheelers never fail to surprise you.

When you think you have seen the worst, there will be yet another fool to prove otherwise.

I feel two wheelers safety is our responsibility now.
They just wanna save time while the others wait in a never ending traffic jam.

God save these guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks