Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2021, 19:32   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: All you need to know about Road Studs (Cat's Eyes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
[center][h3]

Cons of Road Studs

• They are expensive to install and replace. Painting lines to mark lanes and the edges of the road is cheaper.
  • Poor installation of road studs can make them loose, which may cause accidents.
  • Road studs with bright blinking solar-powered LED can create a flickering effect that is picked up by the brain and causes photosensitive epilepsy.
  • Vehicles create a noise when they go over road studs. This can be annoying for occupants of the vehicles and other road users.
  • Road studs cannot be installed on unpaved roads.
what about wear and tear caused to tyres ?
Old 30th May 2021, 21:14   #17
BHPian

I actually like Road Studs on our highways because they make the drive slightly more involving. Typically in a 500-800km drive (my "sweet spot" for a day's distance) there's definitely going to be this 200km stretch which is 4-laned and really comfortable to drive on, save for the lack of involvement. That's where I count the tuk tuks I drove over when I switch lanes or see if I can shift between the tuktuks (subject to the speed, condition, traffic etc. - obviously can't do it all the time).

Maybe that's a pro for Road Studs?
DrSumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 18:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

While the cat eyes can aid night time driving, especially on highways - near towns, junctions etc., I think in India there are no standards on usage, and hence in many places they're overdone, leading to very confusing lane demarcation.

My experience is from driving Chennai-Bangalore on the GQ, and each junction lights up like a disco. Someone thought more the merrier.

Better spacing, and correct usage - red, amber, white for designated lanes as someone had posted earlier will help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks