Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2023, 15:50   #61
BHPian

Re: New driver upset about dents on his brand-new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK View Post
What should I do? Should I claim insurance or is there any other way to fix this?
Please help.
Minor dents and scratches on corners is fine but this does not look good. Get it fixed, preferably cash if it is just 5k.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 19:02   #62
HBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
If it is too disturbing, then of course you can go for it and get the repairs done. If there is going to be dent removal, there will almost certainly be a repaint, do confirm the same with ASC guys. However, a manual repaint will never match up with factory paint and over time you will start observing the minor differences in a few years.
Yes, the ASC guys told me that they will fix it with hammer and paint will be removed. Hence it will be repainted. They asked me to try fixing it with dry denting. Can it be fixed with dry denting? Are there any good dry denting experts in NCR?
Old 30th December 2023, 19:40   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK View Post
Yes, the ASC guys told me that they will fix it with hammer and paint will be removed. Hence it will be repainted. They asked me to try fixing it with dry denting. Can it be fixed with dry denting? Are there any good dry denting experts in NCR?
You will need to check out nearby markets in your area. Where do you stay?
Old 30th December 2023, 20:18   #64
HBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
You will need to check out nearby markets in your area. Where do you stay?
I live in Panipat, Haryana.
Old 7th January 2024, 01:57   #65
BHPian

I know a couple of areas in Delhi. Never needed to get any denting work done here myself so no shop specific recommendations.
Old 18th January 2024, 14:29   #66

How to handle dents in brand new car? I am anxious.

Mod note: Post moved, please use Search and continue post in an existing thread instead of opening a new one. Thanks.

Hi Guys,

So after lot of consideration and discussions on this forum, I finally bought Hyundai Venue SO Turbo Manual. The delivery was taken this Sunday. On the very next day, while reversing through a narrow passage the car hit a steel gate and got a dent, a big scratch with paint gone on left rear door and rear cladding was broken. My heart just stopped beating at that point. I lost my confidence in driving completely as I am a newbie driver and now I am doubting my choice of buying a C-SUV. I should have gone for a small hatchback as a beginner.

Somehow today again I asked my driver to reverse and a bike accidentally nicked through the front left door and again got a big scratch and dent on front door. I am completely devastated looking at my car in this state just within 3 days. People are saying not to opt for insurance as I will loose NCB. But seeing car in this state, I am loosing my sleep.

What is your advice to get these scratches and dents fixed? The aftermarket guy said that entire gate needs to be repainted. The car is white in color, and I am not sure If I should get anything done aftermarket be it exterior or interior. Please suggest what to do. I am anxious that more such incidents may happen with me and have lost all my hope of becoming a good driver.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th January 2024 at 14:36.
Old 18th January 2024, 17:44   #67
BHPian

Re: How to handle dents in brand new car? I am anxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_hhh View Post

Hi Guys,
Quote:
What is your advice to get these scratches and dents fixed?
The first scratch/dent I would attribute to 100% my fault happened last year on my sister's spotless Baleno. It was such a silly mistake which happened in full view of my family and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. This happened a decade after I got my license. It can happen to any of us. Trust me.

As for the NCB part, don't worry too much. It's anyway your first year ownership. You wouldn't have accrued any bonus. Insurance exists for this very reason. Use it.

The only thing I would recommend is getting some practice on relatively open roads and parking maneuvers on empty lots/ground before you try it out on challenging areas. It helps with understanding the maneuverability and dimensions of your car. Build the confidence back and keep practicing.
Old 20th January 2024, 01:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_hhh View Post
. I am anxious that more such incidents may happen with me and have lost all my hope of becoming a good driver.
Buddy, I've been driving for 14 years now and yesterday, yes, yesterday I drove over a curb because I wasn't paying the necessary attention. Luckily the Scorpio could care less about the curb and went over it but still it was a blunder on my part. I mean, what moron drives over a raised platform? I do!

For the most part, my vehicles almost always remain spotless but there are scratches from auto rickshaws, Zomato guys etc. Yes, it hurts but it definitely is not the end of the world because frankly, I see it from a perspective that my vehicles know I care about them and that any scars they receive are purely from their fight against the world and not from me being a bad master to them.

Will more such incidents happen? Absolutely MAYBE. Can you prevent all of them? No! Can you worry over them all? Absolutely NOT. If your car is creating good memories with you, you're a good driver. Period!
that_sedate_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 03:08   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
The first scratch/dent I would attribute to 100% my fault happened last year on my sister's spotless Baleno.
I have attached pic. How to handle it?

New driver upset about dents on his brand-new car-img_5664.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 20th January 2024 at 03:24. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Image inserted in-line. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks