Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 14:32   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

God Bless the Motorsports Authority of India

As some of you may know, I was traveling last week.

“Yes, so what’s new?” some of you may add. And I’ll just smile and shake my head. I’m blessed, what can I say?

So this week, I was scheduled to be in Bangkok for a seminar and DJ competition. As I had a weekend coming in, I decided to go to Pattaya. Yes again, give me one good reason why not. I’m practically a local there now.

And so I come to my story. The one that pertains to the extraordinary league of machine heads.

To facilitate my transportability and to generally feel like the king of the world, I hired a Honda motorbicycle over the weekend. It was fantastic fun, cruising from one beach to another by day and especially to hop from one nightclub to another in the evening.

It was a good motorbike. I enjoyed myself very much.

Coming back to my story.

Have spent all day Saturday on the bike as well. My derriere is numb, as I’m not used to extended hours on a bike. I keep imagining Rtech’s cute bottom and wonder how he manages to live with no feeling in it anymore. Have developed helmet hair. Looks terrible. The helmet is light and not very annoying but am sweating under it and the hair is getting matted with a combination of sand and sweat.
Have been told by bike rental guy, that the wearing of a helmet at all times is the law. Annoying on an island, but good for my head nonetheless, I suppose. Be safe and all that django.

It’s evening now, I’ve returned to the Hotel and showered and washed my hair. Left with flourish. Hair is smelling clean, helmet is not. Ah sod it, says I and leaves the helmet on the bike.

I’m riding around, letting the wind play with my hair as she pleases. I cross bars and the ladies cat-call “Hey sexy long hair man, I like you!” as I smile and nod. It’s great fun.

I’d had an interesting muggy saturday evening to say the least at 3rd road.
I’m now lost. I’ve reached sukhumwit highway and I realize if I keep going like this, eventually I’ll reach Bangkok in a few hours. No good. I’m looking for a bypass or turnoff. I’m suddenly pulled over by a motorcycle riding patrolman. He points to my head and I realize, I’m being pulled over for not wearing a helmet.

I stop, and so does he. I put the helmet on, apologizing profusely to the cop. Soon I’ve pushed a button and gone off. Unfortunately there is a communication breakdown. I believe he thinks I’m escaping. He follows me on his bike, gesticulating wildly. He’s angry. I stop again. I raise my helmet and try to explain to him I thought the apology was fine.

“License!!” I give him my license. He looks at the tattered grey book quizzically, but he isn’t amused. “come!”
He takes me the the station and complains angrily to his superior. A menacing looking man in a menacing uniform. Extremely firm, but courteous nonetheless.
“This license?” he asks curiously. He’s not impressed. “You don’t have official license?” I’m nervous. I don’t know if he’s asking for an international license.

I suddenly remember what to do.

Some time ago I had taken part in a Blind Man’s motor rally. You can read about it here. At that time I needed an MAI license, to take part in this rally. Thanks to 2L8 and Rtech (both work in the MAI) I got this license issued immediately. 2L8 made it for me almost immediately (as he is a good friend).

I pull out my MAI license. It looks like it’s laminated, but actually it’s just a thick paper license in a plastic holder. It has my picture and at first glace, looks like a good international license in full colour. The policeman stares at it with glee. “Yes, this one, motor authority India official license. You hiding huh?” and practically throws my Indian license back at me. Heh heh.

I still apologise but it’s no good. Tomorrow morning I must go to the district police station at Soi Gao. Pay the necessary fines, then come back to the station and recover my precious MAI license. It will be a long and inconvenient thing to do, but that's the way the ball rolls.

And I can keep the “fake looking” Indian driving license. I bow and leave.

The wicked grin appears much after I have left the area.

Thank you MAI. The downside to this is that I cannot become a rally driver now. This can be remedied with 2L8 and Rtechs help.

I hope you enjoyed this anecdote. Kopkoon krup for reading it.

P.S. I know I did the wrong thing. But in Pattaya the wrong things always seem like the right things to do. Here comes my smiley.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st May 2007 at 14:48.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2007, 14:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Sam

I think you need a "bubble bath" to "relieve and release" your sins
Old 21st May 2007, 14:44   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hahahahaha. Rotflmao That was indeed a good one sam. You must also thank our RTO for that log book.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

That was a long time coming sam. Great read as usual.

P.s. dont you actually need an international license ? how did the bike rental guy give you the bike without that ?
Old 21st May 2007, 14:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

ha ha ha Sam , I would love to see the look on their faces when they realise what you have done. I hope they dont have you on the "wanted blind rally participant ,running around on a bike" poster
Old 21st May 2007, 14:52   #6
Team-BHP Support

lmfao.. good one sam..

next time why dont you get a "long sheet,pages rather, international licence" you will need a valid air ticket,passport, visa and some 100 bucks from the rto and then you can have fun explaining the documents to the cops in other parts of country..
Old 21st May 2007, 14:55   #7
BANNED

Wow nice bike is it Enticer 250cc I heard its available abroad?
Old 21st May 2007, 14:55   #8
Team-BHP Support

in thailand u need some good currency and some haggling, leave a copy of your license and passport and you are enjoying the drive/ride

coming to think of it they are very process oriented, have license for everything and yes you read it right everything ... lmfao (loop)
Old 21st May 2007, 14:55   #9
Team-BHP Support

LOL!!! Sam and a police chase. straight out of the movies Sam. and the hero of the day as well.

Now even the cops know you there. you may as well start picking up the lingo.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

LOL just when I was wondering what has MAI to do with your Pataya trip comes the surprise.
So you dont intend to get your MAI license back from the authorities ?
Old 21st May 2007, 15:00   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
LOL!!! Sam and a police chase. straight out of the movies Sam. and the hero of the day as well.
Ah, but you see, Sam has very cleverly not shown us the same pictures with the ThaiKok heroine behind him on the bike.
Old 21st May 2007, 15:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cross bars and the ladies cat-call “Hey sexy long hair man, I like you!” as I smile and nod.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, Mr. Scam Kapasi!
Old 21st May 2007, 15:23   #13
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm....misuse of competition licence's! The penalty is much higher here! And why were you thinking of my posterior when you are in the middle of Sin City. Time for me to be scared. Real scared.
Old 21st May 2007, 15:42   #14
BHPian

Ohh ohh Rtech! Be REALLY scared! Sam did not just think of your bum, but called it cute too!

What's going on I wonder?
Old 21st May 2007, 15:49   #15
BHPian

RTech,

Sam also said 'with no feeling in it anymore' wonder what it makes You!!! hehehehhehe...

Sam,
How did You think in the first place that the policeman was only asking You to wear the helmet...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks