Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey ramki,

Really sorry to hear that, I hate these cabbies myself!! Theres nothing much you can do if you don't have his car number, let it go and move on. Take it as a lesson...beware of white cabs, infact think that everyone driving is an idiot and expect the unexpected and you should be fine.

Witnessed a bike accident myself today, major part of western express highway at jogeshwari was jammed on both sides as a result. Excessive speed seemed to be the reason today.
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ramki, if you are driving in B'lore, keep a mile distance from Auto-wallahs, Cabbies and BMTC buses!
Most of these guys are morons, who care a hoot for Traffic discipline!
They feel that they own all the public roads and so they can turn left or right or a U-turn without any damn indication. Also, they are free to stop at any junctions or narrow roads to allow passegers to get on & off!

And if some mishap happens, they have the guts to shout back at us!

As suggested by some , if your Company has transport facility, utilize that rather than a stressfull drive to office!

Last edited by finneyp : 22nd May 2007 at 19:40.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:50   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey ramki,
sad to hear about that.
I've witnessed quite a few incidents when these cabbies were trying to act oversmart (mainly Indicabs, Ikons and Sumos).
One day, on the way to school, this Ikon guy came and dabao-ed us and instead of apologising, he started arguing with my driver and was blocking us the whole route (From the beginning of SV road till Milan Subway).
Another incident was with an Indica. My driver was waiting at the signal near Mahalaxmi station when a tourist indica came and rear ended the car and then ran off.
Quite frustrating to be honest.
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

lambo, looks like the cabbies have singled out your car/s for their treatment !! LOL !!

BMTC buses are another serious pain in Bangalore. They stop anywhere they please to pick up or drop passengers, and when two buses stop in parallel chaos is what results.
Old 31st May 2007, 12:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Also Avoid Tata ACE and small trucks that invariably doesn't have a side mirror. Yesterday I almost got banged by an ACE who just changed lane while he was parallel to my car on a two lane narrow road. Maybe to avoid a pothole or something. I tried my best avoiding him but ended up with a scratch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks