Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 12:43   #46

thanks finneyp, actually Nerul would have been very convinient for me as I stay there when in Mumbai. Just thought I would use JayVijay cause I had always got my car fixed from them
Old 28th August 2007, 12:05   #47

Now Insurance haggling

Now ICICI Lombard is making me haggle over insurance claim , due to the impact radiator came off from its holder. The garage guy said that it cannot be repaired and has to be replaced

ICICI says they cannot process the radiator cliam cause there was no impact , hours of arguing with them proved to be worthless. Guys any suggestions ?

-Thanks
Old 28th August 2007, 14:42   #48
Team-BHP Support

Thats one crappy reason. They always play hard to catch when you need them the most. And with ICICI its doubly so. Ask them, going by this logic, if a car is rear ended by another vehicle and the impact causes damage inside the passenger cabin (a normal accident scenario) do they only pay to repair the boot? Obviously they should if this logic is taken in because the passenger cabin did not face the impact (direct).

Just because the radiator did not face an impact does not mean it can not suffer a damage. Tell them that if they try these crappy tricks you have enough influence to first get in the papers and then sue them in the consumer court. You also reserve the rights to approach the Insurance Ombudsman, IRDA and/or any other necessary authority.

That should help in my opinion. The moment they face someone who talks tough they look for a way out.
Old 28th August 2007, 16:10   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Thats one crappy reason. They always play hard to catch when you need them the most. And with ICICI its doubly so. Ask them, going by this logic, if a car is rear ended by another vehicle and the impact causes damage inside the passenger cabin (a normal accident scenario) do they only pay to repair the boot? Obviously they should if this logic is taken in because the passenger cabin did not face the impact (direct).

Just because the radiator did not face an impact does not mean it can not suffer a damage. Tell them that if they try these crappy tricks you have enough influence to first get in the papers and then sue them in the consumer court. You also reserve the rights to approach the Insurance Ombudsman, IRDA and/or any other necessary authority.

That should help in my opinion. The moment they face someone who talks tough they look for a way out.

Not entirely related but...

Have came across multiple instances of ICICI Lombard playing delay technique or avoiding to pay insurance claim to BHPeans. I have now changed insurer for my one year old Santro from ICICI Lombard to TATA AIG. TATA AIG themself are taking care of transferring no claim bonus. They have confirmed that they do not need FIR unless third party claim is involved and have promise me to give it in writing that they will settle claim within 7 working days. They offer cashless facility at Advaith, Bangalore.

Last edited by nispatel : 28th August 2007 at 16:11.
Old 28th August 2007, 16:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchulet View Post
Now ICICI Lombard is making me haggle over insurance claim , due to the impact radiator came off from its holder. The garage guy said that it cannot be repaired and has to be replaced

ICICI says they cannot process the radiator cliam cause there was no impact , hours of arguing with them proved to be worthless. Guys any suggestions ?

-Thanks
Let em know that you'll be changing the insurer next year. its too much hassle for such small things.
Old 28th August 2007, 16:51   #51
KVS
BHPian

I have an excellent feedback on TATA AIG. They have tieup with Pandit Auto (Pune) and they directly settle the claim. I got my car(s) repaired 4 times for minor dents. No issues at all.
Old 30th August 2007, 15:12   #52

Thanks Zappo for the reasoning, I did quite some of it with them but they were kinda admanant that whatever you do we won't change anything. Also they themselves said that only option left for you is go to court and file a case against us :-(

By any chance do you know how I can get in touch with Ombudsman, I don't to let them go scott free after trying to con me like this..

-Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks