Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

My car meet with a rickshaw

Just last saturday after having a nice day i was coming back to my house and i almost stop at a red light but it turned green before i could fully stop i was at around 60 or 65k so i just took my foot of the break peddle and i went ahead and then out of nowhere a rickshaw came infront of me (he just took his hand and pointed it out like its his own road)

i couldn't do anything i breaked hard but i just went into the rickshaw

the car has about 80 thousand in damages and i can say that the pic donna show the full damage man the nhc is one car i can compare to my old m800 the damage caused at 40k when i hit a rickshaw my mechanic is wondering if it had meet with a accident on a highway

and those of you asking about the rickshaw guy he was drunk and but i payed him to get a new rickshaw because i felt guilty

Last edited by manikjeet : 2nd June 2007 at 00:33.
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:44   #2
BHPian

dayum... that looks bad :(

Why did you pay the rickshaw guy when it was his fault? I mean he should be the one feeling guilty for screwing your NHC, esp cause he was jumping the signal.
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

It seems that you are too modest. After all it was the rickshaw driver's fault and not yours. Also, you say he was drunk. I dont see one good reason why he should go scot-free. Probably, it was his lucky day
Old 2nd June 2007, 02:25   #4
BHPian

Oops, that should have been a very hard hit, 80K damage! Hope you were wearing seatbelt and no harm done. There was no reason you feeling guilty as the auto driver was under the influence of alcohol. Even if you wanted to help him to recover the damages done to his living (auto) you could have given the money to his family instead of this drunkard guy himself. That guy should have been behind the bar for his negligence.

However all of us should honestly appreciate your good will (you paid for a new auto! a lucky day for that guy) as in this world hardly you find people stopping to see what happened after hitting someone on road.
Old 2nd June 2007, 03:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

OMG manik thats sad... man happens a lot these rickshaw bhaiyas dont even see and turn..

BTW. why were u driving @65.. its the max speed in Chandigarh and i bet u were doing 100+ coz yer foot was on the break and car was at 65...u forgot my driving lessons i gave ya the day we met
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Hope you were wearing seatbelt and no harm done.
I bet he was, since chandigarh is one city where these traffic rules are enforced very strongly.

No seatbelt, you'll get caught and fined.

Overspeed, you'll get caught and fined. (I think limit is 45 in the inner lanes and 65 on the main roads)

And these traffic policemen always keep themselves hidden, popping out at the right time to fine you
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
BTW. why were u driving @65.. its the max speed in Chandigarh and i bet u were doing 100+ coz yer foot was on the break and car was at 65...u forgot my driving lessons i gave ya the day we met
arre bhai you know i have a heavy foot but you know how carefull i am while driving my moms cars

and ya i was well over 100 but i breaked and came to 65 and then bang
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I bet he was, since chandigarh is one city where these traffic rules are enforced very strongly.

No seatbelt, you'll get caught and fined.

Overspeed, you'll get caught and fined. (I think limit is 45 in the inner lanes and 65 on the main roads)

And these traffic policemen always keep themselves hidden, popping out at the right time to fine you
arre man i think you have come to chandigarh
it very hard to break rules in chandigarh and these cops hide behind the bushes and challan people
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
and those of you asking about the rickshaw guy he was drunk and but i payed him to get a new rickshaw because i felt guilty
Hey, dont feel sorry fella, but why did you have to pay him for a new auto ? was it totalled ?
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey, dont feel sorry fella, but why did you have to pay him for a new auto ? was it totalled ?
arre it was a total loss and the guy started creating a drama on the street he even called the police which were more interested in making money

and i felt sad for the poor guy
man i have got money and can easily get a new car if i want but he couldn't afford to get a new rickshaw and it was his lively hood so just got him a new rickshaw

and it was a rickshaw and not a auto and it costed me only 25k

and this is interesting a guy from the street came running took me out my car was almost about to hit when my guard stopped him (who can say no to a .44 hehe) and later he started saying that it was my fault and i should give the guy 1lac as compensasion

Last edited by manikjeet : 2nd June 2007 at 23:45.
Old 4th June 2007, 10:11   #11
Team-BHP Support

The rickshaw guy was drunk, yet you paid him, which was a good gesture. They even tried to beat you up? In that case, why did u even bother to pay?

Sorry about the car, though.
Old 4th June 2007, 10:27   #12
BHPian

HI manik,

Sorry about your car, but nice goodwill gesture.

I respect your humane spirit, i hope now he must have got a lesson.

Our public is too emotional, always finds fault in bigger vehicle.Just do not let him go off with new rickshaw, also educate him, tell him he could have lost his life for his ignorance.i hope he will understand.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:51   #13
BHPian

Sad incident, good that none was hurt.

On a separate note, from several topics in the forum, it looks like that Honda cars often suffer cardboard like damages form even minor collisions. Of course, they have designed to absorb maximum impact to protect passengers and pedestrians.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:00   #14
BHPian

Yeah good thing you did manikjeet. Poor fella. I hope he's more careful in the future. And Wow! That sure is some damage done to your car. Phew!

A
Old 4th June 2007, 14:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
arre it was a total loss and the guy started creating a drama on the street he even called the police which were more interested in making money

and i felt sad for the poor guy
man i have got money and can easily get a new car if i want but he couldn't afford to get a new rickshaw and it was his lively hood so just got him a new rickshaw

and it was a rickshaw and not a auto and it costed me only 25k

and this is interesting a guy from the street came running took me out my car was almost about to hit when my guard stopped him (who can say no to a .44 hehe) and later he started saying that it was my fault and i should give the guy 1lac as compensasion
Would love to get rear ended by you sometime. i could get a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks