Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 18:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Phew...! too bad and sad as well. Hope no fatalities or serious injuries. Though the Indica looks as it just came out of a concrete mixer..
Old 12th June 2007, 18:51   #17
BHPian

Looks like a roll over to me, but how the car suffered damage all over beats me.
Old 12th June 2007, 19:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Really bad, hope the occupants are safe. If not may their souls rest in peace.
Old 12th June 2007, 19:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

That looks really bad ...
Old 12th June 2007, 20:22   #20
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Drifter, I think you are the only one who got it right ... it seems to me also as a simple case of a ROLL OVER -- and not a rear ending as mentioned by others . In a rear ended car the rear wud have gone inwards but if you look at the boot its not gone in from any angle !!!
If you look at the rear right from a 45 deg. angle, it seems to have gone in. See the rear right wheel and the area immediately above it. The car could have been hit hard from this angle, causing it to go off the road and smash into the fencing. Assuming that the picture is the final resting place of the car after the accident, it seems that the front left portion of the car may have breached the concrete wall causing the windshield and the front portion of the roof to go under the iron railing, which it turn caused the roof to buckle.

From the picture it appears that the front left of the car has actually hit the concrete arch on the outer side of the railing. On the other hand, all this may just be an optical illusion and the car may have been simply put in that place after a roll-over accident as suggested. A view of the front left portion of the car will give a clearer picture.

Last edited by rks : 12th June 2007 at 20:32.
Old 14th June 2007, 00:19   #21
BHPian

I guess car was stationary when hit from behind. I have seen many cars parked on the expressway. Just imagine some spirited driver overtaking from left and suddenly comes across a stationary car, Bang!!
Old 14th June 2007, 11:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Parking on expressways should be totally banned and if any is found doing then instead of penalising the vehicle should be impounded. And overtaking from left is total no, no. But, what can one do when the idiot in front of you decides to drive a at a sedate speed of 40 in the fast lane..

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I guess car was stationary when hit from behind. I have seen many cars parked on the expressway. Just imagine some spirited driver overtaking from left and suddenly comes across a stationary car, Bang!!
Old 16th June 2007, 02:04   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Was returning on the same road at 1230 in night saw a mini truck overturned on a indica,believe me the truck was loaded and it fell on the C-pillar,the C-pillar and roof came down less than a foot,the person sitting at the rear had minor bruises and the rear tyre sank into the chassis.This time was not carrying the camera though.
Old 16th June 2007, 23:19   #24
BHPian

How did it overturn and fell on the indica, any idea?
Old 17th June 2007, 19:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu seconded Drifter and I am thirding him. It wasn't probably hit from behind. The rear would have caved in. And the rear bumper wouldn't survive with just breaking from the middle. Even the exhaust pipe looks intact. Actually the floor of the chassis is intact and so is the driver's cabin. The driver probably survived it, if he had the seat belt on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks