Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2022, 14:09   #1
BHPian

Caution: Bad quality fuel at the Indian Oil pump, behind Mahagun Mall, Vaishali, Ghaziabad

I am initiating this thread to caution owners about procuring diesel from Indian Oil pump next to Mahagun Mall, Vaishali, Ghaziabad due to suboptimal quality of fuel.

Why do I say so:
2 reasons:
a) I got my Harrier BS6 serviced last week and the diagnostics identified fuel adulteration error code. The technician suggested me to change the pump or select 2-3 different pumps and keep alternating between them. I ignored his warning as that specific pump is very busy and many owners prefer it. I too prefer only this pump. So I ignored assuming to be a coincidence.

b) Yesterday, I got my Polo tank full from same pump and today my injector has gone bad. Car is vibrating like crazy. Here also the technician suggested a possible fuel adulteration.

Now this looks serious as two different workshops two different brands and two two different cars point to same problem within a week: Bad quality of fuel

I am not saying the pump intentionally deteriorates quality of fuel but it could be due to several reasons some of which I think are :
a) Bad supply of diesel from source to pump.
b) Poor upkeep of diesel storage facilities at pump
c) Wrong schedule of diesel replenishment at pump. They would be waiting for their diesel levels to go too low before replenishing.
d) Intentionally adulterating fuel.

Whatever the reason we the buyers suffer from suboptimal quality of fuel. Hence I want to highlight this situation and caution the buyers.

Also I would request any forum members who have faced similar situations at this specific pump.
steadfast is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 09:10   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Caution: Bad quality fuel at the Indian Oil pump, behind Mahagun Mall, Vaishali, Ghaziabad

You should put up a complaint with IOCL. Surprising about the polo though. How much has it run and how old is the car?
Old 16th June 2022, 16:20   #3
BHPian

Re: Caution: Bad quality fuel at the Indian Oil pump, behind Mahagun Mall, Vaishali, Ghaziabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
You should put up a complaint with IOCL. Surprising about the polo though. How much has it run and how old is the car?
Polo is 2017 1.5 D 43k run.
Harrier is Aug 2021 15 k run.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks