Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 17:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
for someone like me who wants to travel from Pune to Nagpur, there seem to be potentially 2 roundabout options
Pune-Sangamner-Shirdi is best suited for light traffic. Except the Shirdi SAG airport to Shirdi stretch which is excellent. Remaining stretch between Sangamner varies between good, average, bad, narrow wide and everything inbetween. I wouldn't touch this route during holiday season time with Samruddhi Mahamarg open.

Not that Nagar-Aurangabad is a runway, it would handle much higher traffic. Conditions are similar to Nasik NH60. There's lot more tarmac real estate to play with. Not to forget, you have more petrol stations and food options to play with. Remember, you have to last 500 kms / 6 hours with limited options for both.

There seems to be an (unconfirmed) entry point at Vaijapur, if so Nagar-Gangapur-Vaijapur maybe faster than getting through Aurangabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
is that the speed limit will be 150km/h!
Designed for 150. Speed limit is 120. You can see a picture in Shashi's post from July

Last edited by narayans80 : 12th December 2022 at 18:05.
narayans80 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 17:48   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
1600 vehicles used the new e-way in the first 2 hours, so finally it has been opened for service. @JoshMachine buddy - thats the question on every Pune-Nagpur traveller's mind, what is the best entry to the Samruddhi Mahamarg - hopefully someone will make a trip soon. I am planning last week of this month, so lets see how it goes.
I am also planning for a last week trip to nagpur.From what I checked, the harsul sawangi interchange in Aurangabad seems to be the best interchange to get on the samruddhi Mahamarg.I could also see a interchange near fatiyabad near Aurangabad
Attached Thumbnails
Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-screenshot_20221212174354.jpg  

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-screenshot_20221212174740.jpg  

nadbe is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:01   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's a good visual of how the super expressway will touch major districts along the way and the approximate distance of these major district HQs from the actual route:-

Attachment 2389113
One thing to note from this attachment you shared (which is in Marathi, and hence mentioning it here for the wider audience) is that the speed limit will be 150km/h! Wow! If this is correct, then would this be the first road in India with a speed limit of 150km/h?

If this is indeed true, then I would absolutely love to enjoy the legal speed limit of 150km/h :-)

P.S. On Google Search, I see that the speed limit is set at 120km/h. So this 150km/h mention in that attachment seems like an old decision, before they revised it down to 120km/h. Sorry for getting too excited reading that 150 km/h number there.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 12th December 2022 at 18:05. Reason: Added the P.S.
Dr.AD is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:30   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Image from today's Lokmat Times paper. Some bullock carts unauthorisedly entered the Samruddhi Expressway within hours after it was inaugurated. Maybe, we will never in future get to see such a sight on this high-profile E-way.

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-bullock-carts-samruddhi-e-way-lokmat-times.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing to note from this attachment you shared (which is in Marathi, and hence mentioning it here for the wider audience) is that the speed limit will be 150km/h! Wow! If this is correct, then would this be the first road in India with a speed limit of 150km/h?

If this is indeed true, then I would absolutely love to enjoy the legal speed limit of 150km/h :-)

P.S. On Google Search, I see that the speed limit is set at 120km/h. So this 150km/h mention in that attachment seems like an old decision, before they revised it down to 120km/h. Sorry for getting too excited reading that 150 km/h number there.
Thanks for bringing out that very important point! Seems like, even my excitement is short-lived

The official speed limit is indeed going to be 120 kmph.

I cross-checked on the Maharashtra highway Police website and came across these notification extracts:-

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-screenshot-20221212-183233.png

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-screenshot-20221212-183255.png
JoshMachine is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 19:20   #36
BHPian

I am going by the word (in the press) that the expressway stretch from Nagpur to Shirdi is now "fully" open. I just hope that the drive is (almost) diversion-free and that the entry and exit ramps are in good shape to hop on/off to the main carriageways. Beyond Shirdi, my drive would culminate in Navi Mumbai. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good drive - I'll report back the experience on this thread!
wanderlustindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 20:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even if it was 150, by the time I finish driving 500+kms, I would end up with a strong headache, all thanks to the constant beeping sound post 120 kmph. I feel, anything between 100 and 110 is ideal for Indian conditions.
rakesh_r is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 01:20   #38

This is all I found on Google Maps as to entry point to the Samruddhi Highway near Shirdi. Could someone please confirm that this is accurate?Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-capture.jpg

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-capture1.jpg
Suprit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 06:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Journalism has gone to the dogs for sure, apologies if i have hurt any of the journalist bhpians out here:

Why do these news agencies (ABP Majha) spread so much negativity? It seems a Swift and Merc met with an accident. You don't adhere to the speed limits or rules, you are bound to meet with an accident, as simple as that.

Quote:

Now, for someone like me who wants to travel from Pune to Nagpur, there seem to be potentially 2 roundabout options:-
1. Additional Pune to Shirdi distance and then onto the expressway, OR
2. Additional Pune to Aurangabad distance and then onto the expressway

I would need to touch the expressway either at Shirdi, covering additional Pune-Shirdi in about 4.5 hours:-
Pune to Aurangabad expressway is under consideration:
https://swarajyamag.com/news-headlin...-to-begin-soon

Last edited by rakesh_r : 13th December 2022 at 07:06.
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 07:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
1. Additional Pune to Shirdi distance and then onto the expressway, OR
My friend who stays near Sinnar tells me that they have actually opened up the expressway till Sinnar. So another option is to drive down to Sinnar in 3.5hrs and join the expressway there to the south of Sinnar. I have seen that interchange multiple times while crossing this place and this should be the most convenient, for now.

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-screenshot_2022121307335695_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b42.jpg
https://maps.app.goo.gl/HZvnAFsTLYCT7Lxb8
antz.bin is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
My friend who stays near Sinnar tells me that they have actually opened up the expressway till Sinnar. .....
I have seen that interchange multiple times while crossing this place and this should be the most convenient, for now.
Wow.... Then, though circuitous (150 to 200 kms max), Bangalore to Shirdi and Nashik would be a pleasurable drive (Bangalore - Hospete - Solapur - Aurangabad - Sinner - Nashik) instead of the mostly crowded Kolhapur - Pune and 'always in improvement mode' Pune - Nashik road (esp Chakan, and until Narayagaon traffic is a nightmare). However, we will miss the smooth Chitradurga - Belagavi- Karnataka/Maharastra border highway.
kiran_aithal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 11:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Anyone travelling the first few weeks, budget realistic travel time of 6-7 hours (not the 5 hours advertised) and be more cautious on your initial runs.

You will have diversions in the initial 20 km section from Shirdi side (Dhotre) and between Malegaon and Shelu Bazaar. These sections are for sure not completed, and you will switch to opposite lane and back.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=lkscOo5QWaA
No diversions, barricades between Nagpur to Aurangabad. Did on first day and it was without traffic, cruise control set to 120 and Nagpur to Auranagabd was covered in dream time (can not mention speed on public forum) and that too on a Scorpio
Shubhendra is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 11:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadbe View Post
I am also planning for a last week trip to nagpur.From what I checked, the harsul sawangi interchange in Aurangabad seems to be the best interchange to get on the samruddhi Mahamarg.I could also see a interchange near fatiyabad near Aurangabad
I used same route on 11th December, going to Shirdi is not advisable. If you start early (5 AM types), you shall reach Aurangabad Samruddhi start point in 3.5 to 4 hrs (it took us 3.2 hrs at 3AM) and you can have early lunch in Nagpur
Shubhendra is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 11:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
I used same route on 11th December, going to Shirdi is not advisable. If you start early (5 AM types), you shall reach Aurangabad Samruddhi start point in 3.5 to 4 hrs (it took us 3.2 hrs at 3AM) and you can have early lunch in Nagpur
Hi Shubhendra.

Do you have the coordinates of the exact start point from Aurangabad to get on the Samruddhi? Anything will help with regards to directions. I am planning to drive later in December.
Old 13th December 2022, 11:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
Hi Shubhendra.

Do you have the coordinates of the exact start point from Aurangabad to get on the Samruddhi? Anything will help with regards to directions. I am planning to drive later in December.
Samruddhi Mahamarg Harsul Sawangi interchange. You will have to cross entire Auranagabd. In Gmaps, there is one more closer to Waluj but we were coming from Nagpur side and it was first day of the highway, we were not sure about the info hence took the first exit for Aurangabad.
Shubhendra is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks