Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 21:26   #31

re: My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat

Remarkable that you are safe and without any injury. Kudos to Jeep for making such robust vehicles. I hope you get this beast of a car repaired to its earlier glory.
I also have been a victim of a cow which charged suddenly toward my Swift back in 2006. I had just crossed a major town and was increasing the speed at around 70-80. At 18 I was a newbie at driving and our family driver was sitting alongside me while returning from Gorakhpur on then under construction NH 28 (a part of Eastern Western Corridor) at around 7 pm. I saw the cow when it had crossed the bonnet and it's head was level with the side view mirror and I have to this day have no idea what came over me, I braked and swerved the car to the right and again to the left while applying the hand brake and the primary brakes as well. We were so lucky that there was no traffic coming from the other side. The car turned full 180° and came to a halt on the side of the road facing toward Gorakhpur. I was shaking as hell and nothing was making any sense, our driver asked me to come out of the car and took the steering, I sat down inside and couldn't stop shaking for at least 15-20 minutes. Very lucky to have the road empty and with no incoming traffic.
To this day I always slow down whenever I spot a bovine on either side of the road. In most cases animals behave better than people on our roads
Today I read that one bull gored two people to death in Jamshedpur who were out on a morning walk, you never know.
gasi511 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 02:38   #32
BHPian

re: My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
I would like to praise my Compass build quality and Thank Jeep India for bringing such a strong good looking car to India. No jerks were felt within the cabin, it felt like nothing had happened. The car absorbed all the jerks and collisions with ease.
I am really glad that your whole family is safe. The loss is indeed a major one. I kind of understand how you would be feeling facing the loss of your beloved machine due to no fault of yours as I have been in a similar accident last year near about this time only. And same Compass saved me. Attaching a few pictures of the accident.
My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-8f8efb025d0f40be92fb66c20471c4a1.jpeg
My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-6db877a42300468daff899259f565075.jpeg
The Alto driver was drunk and crashed into my car on a blind turn where the Alto was bent in U-shape. The picture is a screenshot from the video that I shot, hence wont give you the exact idea where the dashboard and passenger side seat of Alto got unbolted from their place and in Compass I felt the jerk that’s it. And also the airbags’ odour stuck around for a while. But I was alive and scratch-less that’s all that mattered after a while.
I used the Dynamic Brake Assist to stop on spot-on which was very weird since its not my reflex but my left hand quickly pulled the e-brake and maybe that spot on braking helped less intensify the impact. My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-95003f399b644d2bb2aa05d5ed8caaa8.jpeg
Here she was back after 3 months and this is from the day I got it back from A.S.S. This is just to assure your car will be all fine, bit of a stressful journey but this all be will be back to normal and you’ll be having tons of happy miles ahead!
vtecblast is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 21:54   #33
BHPian

Re: My Jeep Compass accident | Update: Beast Is Back

UPDATE

MY BEAST IS BACK !!

Hi, fellow bhpians,
I want to thank all the bhpians for motivating me when I posted this thread and giving me their valuable advice.
It feels so good to be a part of this community when you are going through a difficult phase of life and other people solace you.

After many sleepless nights and waiting, today I took delivery of my Love.

Converted My Limited(o) variant to Model S

My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-point-blur_mar232023_211955.jpg

Also Installed Osram leds in headlights as well as fog lamps.
My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-point-blur_mar232023_212126.jpg

I got it detailed from the exterior and interior too from the JEEP ASS.
My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-point-blur_mar232023_212212.jpg

I got every small scratch or dent repaired
My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-20230323_171733.jpg

I got everything changed to the brim from Timing Belt to brake pads, disc, engine oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, diesel filter, etc.
Mandatory Pooja
My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-point-blur_mar232023_212304.jpg

My Jeep Compass accident | Repair advice needed. EDIT: Car repaired at Nanavati Jeep, Surat-20230323_183028.jpg

Now Car is driving better than the New.
All thanks to Nanavati Jeep, Surat. SA Mayank Modi was very helpful. I don't think that any other JEEP ASS can bring back the car to its glory like JEEP Surat. I would rate the work done 20/10.

I missed driving the Compass for so many days. I bet no suv in the 25-35 lakh range can drive better than Compass. It is so solid, robust, and fun to drive.

Last edited by vattyboy : 23rd March 2023 at 22:00.
vattyboy is online now   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks