Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2023, 19:06   #46

Re: Bangalore: Shoffr airport cab service; an alternative to Ola/Uber

Is there a similar service in Mumbai?

I was looking for an EV cab to airport and both Shoffr and BluSmart are not available in Mumbai yet
Old 8th June 2023, 14:59   #47
BHPian

I have taken 3 trips with Shoffr in the last couple of months or so and the experience has been great. One of these was a 4am drop to the airport and the driver was at my place well in advance. The early morning drive was smooth unlike with Uber where the drivers go crazy because there are no cops with speed guns at that hour.
I mistakenly got off at T1 and realised that I was supposed to go to T2. The driver had left by then but he stopped and waited for me when I called him and dropped me at T2
They have clean cars, courteous and professional drivers and are on time. I am quite impressed.
Roy.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 10:00   #48
BHPian

What a superb service Shoffr is. I had stopped using Uber / Ola for airport rides for sometime and was using local cabs (like wega cabs) for the airport run. The cabs were clean, drivers were polite and on time. But with the extra luggage of a 1 year baby (specially the stroller), I had to book Innova a couple of times which was quite heavy on the pocket. Come in Shoffr with their BYDs at abt 2/3rd of the cost and similar if not better quality of service.
Just yesterday, I took one from Garvebhavipalya at peak rush hour (left at 5pm) on a Thursday. Took about 2 hours to reach which would have been harrowing in a diesel powered Innova / Dzire / Etios. But the quietness and comfort of an EV has won me over and now will be my default choice going forward. Thumbs up to this serivce
ShreyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 01:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

I used the Shoffr service both to and from the airport earlier this week. Got BYD E6 both times and it cost me 1560 including the toll from Bellandur. The cars were clean, not super clean like personal cars, but leaps above Uber/Ola. The drivers were on time and not constantly on the phone, which is a pleasant change considering Bangalore cabbies. I will definitely use the service in the future.

If I had to nitpick, the drivers could have been better groomed. Two of the 3 drivers I rode with had a straight-out-of-bed look. One guy just took over mid-way on the return journey, so at least he should have looked proper at the start of his shift. But I work in IT and see people come to the office like this

Now coming to the cars, both the vehicles made some creaking/air-leak type of noise from around the rear-left quarter panel area. For the onward journey, I thought it was my luggage that was making the noise. But, experienced the same on the return as well with a different car and the luggage stored away from that area. Informed the driver but I don't think he understood. But for his credit, he did check if the window beddings were proper and if there was any damage to the glass. Maybe it is a BYD design flaw causing wind noise.
Jaguar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 05:30   #50
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried Shoffr for an airport drop, and it was a very good experience!

On their website, I couldn't find my exact home address, and I couldn't just use free text in the address field, so I had to choose a neighbouring building. I chose the option to take the Airport toll road, which added Rs.110, and the total fare was Rs 1310; I had also chosen the "Pay later" option.

My pickup was for 4 am, and by 1:30 am, I received a text with the driver's details. I called the driver at 3:15, and he said he was parked at a nearby Shell petrol bunk and resting there. I reconfirmed my location and gave him directions; for some reason, he seemed to think my pickup was at 4:30! Anyways, I called him again at 3:50, and he arrived in 5 minutes, and we started the journey exactly at 4!

The car was a BYD E6 EV MPV and was clean. The seatback pouch had a newspaper, sanitiser, polo and pulse mouth fresheners and a box of facial tissues.
A very comfortable journey to the airport and very reasonable pricing, comparable with most regular airport taxi providers. I will definitely use them in future.

** I enquired about the range of the vehicle, and the driver mentioned that if he maintains 60-80kmph, the range is about 550km, and if he maintains 100-120kmph, the range drops to about 450km, which I thought is definitely good!

Last edited by navin : 25th June 2023 at 14:18. Reason: Typos, Spelling
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 12:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Took a Shoffr cab from my office in EPIP Zone Whitefield to Teminal 2 of Airport yesterday. Pick up time was 4:30 PM and the cab had arrived around 4:10 PM. The driver called me at 3:55 PM to confirm pickup location. Driver was well behaved though not well groomed. He was not talking on phone while driveing unlike Ola and Uber guys who are constantly on the phone. The vehicle was in good condition. Cost Rs 1200/-. An Ola mini would have costed around Rs 1000/-. Water bottles, tissues, sanitizer etc were present.

I think they do not have too many cabs. So it has to be booked in advance.
I tried to book at 4:15 PM but it was rejected. So better to choose the "Pay Later" option while booking.

Here is the picture of the cab parked outside my office
Bangalore: Shoffr airport cab service; an alternative to Ola/Uber-shoffr-cab-office.jpg
pramodpk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:14   #52

In Apr'23, used the Shoffr cab from T2-bangalore terminal to EGL business park and the overall experience was pleasant courtesy the Byd E6 and hassle free pick-up. They are very primitive and non-tech savvy as of now (unlike the EV cab competitors in Bangalore like Blusmart, Quickride). Mobile App, live location tracking, online payment gateway etc. were the missing bits but I got to know they are under development from their blog.

To my surprise the BYD e6 which was less than an year old had already done 59k kms per the odometer and was well maintained. The driver was new to Bangalore and was depending on Maps to navigate the traffic. The air-conditioning was bit low in performance compared to other standard cars in India (that generally freeze you to the bones) and the blower had to be adjusted to max speed.

This was my first experience on the BYD E6 and it is proportionately large in person (4,695 mm L x 1,810 mm W x 1,670 mm H) than in photos.

Bangalore: Shoffr airport cab service; an alternative to Ola/Uber-screenshot-20230712-11.09.11-am.png
ElectricTitan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 13:55   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Not Shoffr, but a review of their competitor Quickride.

Reached Bangalore T1 around midnight on Sunday. Regular airport cabs charge close to Rs 1700 for drop till home ( Haralur, Near HSR layout).

My usual choice before covid was to take BMTC till Bellandur / HSR layout and then take a cab (~2.5 KMs). However in night + situation with cab availability post covid means I am forced to take the airport cab all way nowadays.

Onward trips I usually take BlueSmart nowadays, since their charging location in this part of town is near to home, one need not worry about delay in them reaching for pickup. Infact, they often reach some half hour before the mentioned time, also on average the drop to airport is charged around Rs 1250.

Prior to BlueSmart, my choice of cabs were Meru due to their reliability.

In January, during a drop to airport, Bluesmart driver was mentioning that they were accepting trips from airport too now. However, I was never able to get a slot, with the delay happening at emigration counters, one cannot anticipate the time for slot too, even if the flight was on time.

This time too, it wasn't different. So thought of trying out Quickride based on positive reviews I heard from friends.

Booked the cab while waiting for baggage to arrive. Cab got assigned in some 5 minutes, I reach out and had to wait for sometime till I was able to get through to the driver. Driver mentions he is at parking lot (later came to know around 6KMS from airport) and on his way.

Asked me to wait at pickup area 2 since they don't have a dedicated pickup point like Ola or Uber.

I guess pickup area 2 is the one used by all Quickride drivers since all cars were coming there. Some 30 mins and no update from the driver, in meantime their customer center gives me a call couple of times mentioning driver is on the way.

Around 45 mins past booking time and some 30 mins of waiting, driver arrives, but in a car with different registration number (has the Quickride logo and all, but number different).

The driver is the same, since he has the same mobile number which was assigned to me during the booking and on him entering the OTP shared by me, by trip got initiated.

He explains that the additional delay was since the first car was having some issue and hence he had to get the car exchanged (and hence the change in vehicle number compared to earlier).

The car was having speed limit of 60KMPH set, I initially thought the vehicle was going slow since driver was feeling sleepy, later made out he was feeling sleepy and also due to this speed limit.

I was sitting in front seat, so started a conversation with the driver, he was from Assam and was saying about the situation there post covid and also about general work atmosphere in Quickride and BlueSmart. Any hint of sleepiness soon disappeared from him.

Similar to BlueSmart, Quickride also has drivers on salary and hence they are not bothered about the payment method passengers opt for.

Cost of trip was Rs 1300, atleast Rs 400 less than regular airport cabs. Just that, next time I will make the booking while walking out of flight, to avoid extended waiting outside.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 20:42   #54
BHPian

I had many a bad experience with Meru a couple of years ago (pre covid) and from then I started using Avis for airport drops. Avis was really good though much more expensive. For a change, I booked an airport drop at 6.30 Am last week with Shoffr. I got an SMS a couple of hours before the start time with the driver and car details. 30 minutes prior to the start time, called the driver and he was bang at the location. The car BYD was comfortable to accommodate 4 adults with two large and one small suitcase. The driver was well-behaved and pretty good with non-aggressive type driving, which has become a norm with many of these Meru folks. Overall an excellent experience - the only slight negative I could say was that the cabin was getting a bit heated at 24 degrees. I would definitely repeat Shoffr.

Last edited by kiranknair : 31st July 2023 at 20:44.
kiranknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 16:47   #55
BHPian

Tried Shoffr on 3 occassions now. All at different times. Twice to the airport from the city and once from the airport to the hotel.

Pros:
- Their cars are clean, to a level that any BHPian will be proud of it.
- Drivers are well behaved and are not on their phones.
- All the drivers helped me with the luggage and opened the doors for me (looks like this is a part of their grooming).
- There were water bottles, newspapers and mints in the car.
- The BYD is a comfortable vehicle, especially when compared to Dzires and Etios of the world.

In the rides that i had with them, i did not encounter any issues. If you are planning to visit Bangalore anytime soon, do give them a shot.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:30   #56
Team-BHP Support

I used Shoffr, a couple of weeks back from T2. It worked well except that the AC is not that strong. Drivers are polite. He contacted me as I was deplaning and I told him that I will call home when I had picked my baggage.

Told me to go down to T2 pick up area and let him know the pillar number. 10 min later, he was there.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:46   #57
Team-BHP Support

This hit my "InBox" today - big shout out to Team BHP!
Hi there

Quote:
The last time I wrote to all of you was about 3 months ago, and it was to apologise for all the rides we had to decline. We'd got 1,500+ booking requests within 10 days after the feature in The Ken and mention by TeamBHP, and honestly we weren't ready to handle that kinda attention! ��

A lot has happened at Shoffr in these past 3 months. All thanks to you and the continued love & support you've shown for Shoffr ❤️

Our fleet has grown

We've more than tripled our fleet of BYD e6 EVs - so now you are likelier to get your Shoffr confirmed. PS: all except 3 cars are black!

Introducing rentals

We launched rentals starting from 2 hours - so now you can book a Shoffr for anything, not just airport. And oh - no limits on kms ��

B2B partnerships

We've entered into 10+ agreements with companies - if you'd like to bring the Shoffr experience to your organisation, drop us an e-mail

Shoffr for Events

If you're hosting any event, you can now treat your guests to the gold standard of rides. Shoffr will also be your concierge to deliver a smooth, green, and memorable event! Hire us

Shoffr Salutes

It was an honour to serve 108 fauji families over 14-16th Aug as a part of our first campaign - free rides for the Armed Forces, veterans, and their dependents as a small thank you for their service! ����

Working together to build Shoffr has not only been a lot of fun for Kislay and me, Shoffr has also been operationally profitable. This wouldn't have happened without your love & support, so thank you very much for spreading the word & coming back to Shoffr ����
Our fully bootstrapped status is now set to change. We obviously think Shoffr is a great investment, that's why we've devoted our time, career, and money behind it - but it's great to see others believe it too.
Early adopters usually don't get a chance to participate in the wealth creation of the products/services they help build, and I'd personally love for this trend to change!
We plan to reserve a portion of the round for selected guests of Shoffr, so please register your interest if you'd like to be invited. We'll reach out once the details are sketched out.
Happy Sunday ��
-Vikas
ajmat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 17:59   #58
BHPian

Flew down to B-town last week and was aching to try Shoffr - having read a lot about it here as well as on X. Booked the cab a week before using cash as a payment option, since it was my first ride with them.

The app, although primitive, is fairly simple to use. It allowed me edits too later on - including 20 minutes before the pickup - as I wanted to use the toll road to get to the city. I did not receive the vehicle details as soon as I landed. Weird, I thought, and quickly pinged them on their number. Not only did they respond promptly (no bot) but I had the driver details within 2 minutes.

On calling, the driver asked me to come to the basement parking for the pickup. A short walk later, I was there. The driver took another 7 minutes to arrive to the exact spot. It was a Byd and the driver promptly helped me with the luggage into the boot.

Bouquets -
1. Electric vehicle. No jerks. Smooth ride.
2. Mandatory seat belt for all occupants. Interior was clean.
3. Complimentary mineral water, mints, newspapers.
4. The Byd is a very comfortable and large vehicle.
5. You can pair your music with the ICE and play whatever you choose.
6. On time pickup. No excessive calling. QR code payment at the end.
7. Non-chatty driver who did what was expected of him.
8. Not much of a premium to pay over Ola/Uber. Toll and airport charges included in fare.

Brickbats -
1. The driver appeared disinterested and bothered.
2. No call masking if you're calling the driver.
3. No live tracking of the car on the map or status sharing with friends/family.
4. The driver took a wrong turn off his own navigation, reached a dead end and when I pointed out that a different turn was to be taken, he grumpily made a U turn and asked me to navigate. Promptly did that as my destination was barely 5 minutes further.
5. Exterior of the car could be cleaner.

All in all, I think Shoffr is a fantastic alternative to Blusmart. It does need fine tuning at some places but I don't think I will be using Ola or Uber for my airport transfers at BLR anytime soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore: Shoffr airport cab service; an alternative to Ola/Uber-whatsapp-image-20231004-5.40.30-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by barcalad : 4th October 2023 at 18:00.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:58   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Revfin & Shoffr partner with plans to expand in more cities.

Bangalore: Shoffr airport cab service; an alternative to Ola/Uber-screenshot-20231123-115754.png

Quote:
Revfin & Shoffr, two key players in advancing financial inclusion and premium EV taxi services in India, have celebrated a significant milestone following Shoffr’s successful inaugural year. Commencing operations in November 2022 with an initial support of four BYD e6 electric vehicles from Revfin, Shoffr has significantly grown its fleet to over 40 BYD e6 EVs, demonstrating a shared dedication and visionary approach between the two towards reshaping urban mobility
Revfin & Shoffr: Vision, Plans
Quote:
Revfin and Shoffr’s joint vision seeks to revolutionize the transportation sector. This is done by deploying a fleet that not only elevates customer experience but also champions environmental sustainability. Their mutual pledge revolves around improving urban mobility while curbing the carbon footprint, marking a pivotal stride towards a more sustainable future.
Link:
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 21:40   #60
BHPian

Interesting development.

Got a email from Shoffr that they are opening up investments from initial customers. Minimum amount is Rs 5 lakh.

Though I haven't done any due diligence about the authenticity of the email, would like to know if others also received it and what is the general opinion?

First time it seems an startup is opening investments like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks