Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2024, 22:06   #61
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Shoffr airport cab service; an alternative to Ola/Uber

Recently used Shoffr twice for onward and return To & From Bangalore airport.

Onward - 2am pickup at home, had booked previous day and car arrived on time and I received driver detaills almost 2 hours prior. First time Shoffr experience for my family and they were impressed (rear passengers need to be buckled up which is a great thing). Very comfortable ride and good driver.

Return - booked the cab while boarding at Ahmedabad airport since we wanted to be sure that our flight was on time. Landed at Bangalore and I received the driver details. We scheduled the pickup for 1:30 am, an hour after our flight landed so that we had time to pick up our checked in luggage and also grab some food. Again, a nice ride, great experience overall. The driver was super happy when I conversed in Kannada, he said I was the first customer who spoke in Kannada since the time he started working for them 6 months ago!

Both times I chose the toll option and paid Rs.1310. On enquiring with the drivers, they said that when non toll option is selected, they bypass the toll by using the exit towards Baglur side and joining back somewhere near Sadahalli.

Last edited by ampere : 27th January 2024 at 22:27. Reason: typo fixed
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 11:30   #62
BHPian

Been 4 months since i tried Shoffr for the first time and was surprised to see have already taken about 15 rides with them. A few quick observations:

- Car interiors remain clean. Externally they wash the cars at the start of their duty hence at night, the exterior might have some dust (and this is perfectly normal as most of their cabs are on airport duty and there is a lot of construction going on in that region).
- They try their best to make sure even last minute changes are accommodated. On a couple of occassions, my last minute change requests were responded to by Vikas and Kislay (Co-founders).
- I have taken their airport pickup at odd hours (thanks to Vistara's last BOM-BLR service not operating on time since i dont know when) and their drivers dont look sleepy, neither have they asked to play music and nor are they on their phones.
- A few of their drivers do tell you that the seat back jacket has water bottles, polo (mint), sanitizers. On almost all the times when they dropped me at the airport, the drivers offered me a bottle of water - a great touch that speaks volumes about their grooming.
- Unlike other cab aggregators, since these chaps are paid salaries, they dont make faces when they hear a drop location that is not to their liking. Also, they drive safe and hence I have comforatbly dozed off at odd hours while using their service.
- Also tried their rental service and that too was very good, no complaints whatsoever.

Hope they start service in other cities too.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 13:35   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Indeed Ola and Uber needed some start-ups to emerge and take on them. Two EV operators Shoffr and BluSmart it is evident have now landed on the coveted "runway".
I have been using Blu Smart of late for Airport runs, preferring them to the dirty OLA cabs and the dirty Uber cabs here in Bangalore.
Normally they give a Tata Tigor which is perfectly fine.
Sometimes they say ‘Classic’ isn't available and they push one to the ‘Premium SUV’ which usually is an MG ZS EV.
Ive booked one for tomorrow and am likely to get an MG as above.
For the return journeys from the Airport I find that it is much better to use the normal Airport Taxis.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd February 2024 at 13:38.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 13:02   #64
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Something interesting that I came across today. Damn cool to see funds being raised from users!

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...ULT%2Cfalse%29

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks