Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 14:30   #1
BHPian

Palio 1.2 nv accident!!

Got hit by a maruti car on front left hand side (tyre and fender).

Left shocker and axle are totally damaged. The tyre got stuck into the suspension. the dealer has made an estimate of 75 K (the car is isured by oriental insurance company). I bought it last month only. The bonnet is slightly disfigured. no harm to engine and passenger door.

Being a novice nNeed your inputs/suggestions please.
Old 16th July 2007, 17:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Kapil, very sad to know this incident. Sometimes we never know what comes our way. There seems to be no go but claim the insurance, all mechanical parts will be replaced free of cost. However, rubber and bumper will attract 50% contribution from your end.

However, i think the estimate given to you by dealer is way too high. Make sure you double check this with other dealers by talking to them on phone and tell them the parts this dealer mentioned have to be replaced.
Old 16th July 2007, 17:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Shucks thats bad . Kapil , i would suggest you call a few friends and get an idea of how much it would cost. I also checked with a couple of friends who in turn knew some ford service guys to get the info in my case.
Old 16th July 2007, 17:36   #4
Team-BHP Support

A few pictures will help us get an idea of how bad the damage is. Pictures from various angles will also help in assessing if 75k is justified for repair.
Old 17th July 2007, 00:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
Got hit by a maruti car on front left hand side (tyre and fender).

Left shocker and axle are totally damaged. The tyre got stuck into the suspension. the dealer has made an estimate of 75 K (the car is isured by oriental insurance company). I bought it last month only. The bonnet is slightly disfigured. no harm to engine and passenger door.

Being a novice nNeed your inputs/suggestions please.
Doesn't dealer should have a cashless facility with the company or you bought the insurance separately.
Old 17th July 2007, 09:47   #6
BHPian

I got the insurance from the dealer (Hind Motors)only. But after the accident I have given the car to another dealer (Anbros) because they have better equipped workshop. Will try to post the pictures.

The dealer has assessed that the entire steering assembly has to be changed since the chasis. power steering rod, left Head light etc have been damaged.

Will post another thread sometime later in the evening after visiting the the workshop. hope they'll open the car by that time to assess the real damage.
Old 17th July 2007, 11:49   #7
BHPian

kapil, sorry to hear about the accident man.. I hope you are safe and sound. Make sure you get the headlight assembly fitted properly and ask them that it shouldnt get fogged. Its a common problem in palios
Old 17th July 2007, 13:52   #8
BHPian

Thanks Rishibravo. Will ensure.

I went to the workshop a while back and the service guys told me that:

1. the shocker, axle and arm (steering or something..) and headlight will be replaced.

2. no damage to the chasis.

3. Once they install all the above, the steering assembly would be checked after taking a test drive for any faults in it.

4. by coming Monday the car is expected to be ready.
Old 17th July 2007, 14:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident dude. Did you check with other dealers for the estimate of the repair.
Old 17th July 2007, 14:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Which maruti did you get hit by? And at what speeds? Do keep us updated on the progress of the job. Let us see if there is some satisfactory movement on the A*S*S front this time at least.
Old 17th July 2007, 14:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Would really like to know which maruti car it was and what happened to the maruti car.
Old 17th July 2007, 14:43   #12
Team-BHP Support

Is the power steering assembly on the left hand side in Palios? How come a car hits your left fender and the PS assembly gets damaged? Uhuh... Are you sure the dealer is not taking you for a ride?
Old 17th July 2007, 15:11   #13
BHPian

What the dealer told me that if there is even a slightest of breakage/errror/fault in steering assembly..it entirely has to be changed. And this could only be checked once the shockers,arm and axle are refitted.

Lets see what they got up thier sleeves on monday!!
Old 17th July 2007, 15:17   #14
BHPian

I got hit hit by a maruti 800 (new model) at a speed of around 55 - 60 km/hr. i was doing around 35 - 45 km/hr. maruti's bumper, almost half bonnet and right fender was in bad shape (it had curled inside twice ..just like you fold a crumpled alluminiumn sheet into two folds). The radiator also broke at different points.this was on the outside...didnt get a chance to check the engine.

GOD BLESS!!
Old 17th July 2007, 17:15   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
4. by coming Monday the car is expected to be ready.
If they really give you the car by this monday, then we can very well assume that Fiat Spares are moving faster now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks