Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2023, 08:18   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car damaged in society parking | Bike fell on it

Don’t think you can prove who caused the damage to your car. Even if the bike fell, it’s an accident. Except if it was deliberate and malicious damage, you need to bear this cost your self - whether through your insurance or out of pocket is your call. Such things happen everywhere in the world - which is why you have insurance.
Hayek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I had my bumper smashed in. Location: office parking. Nothing can be done. I was late to leave office that day (so security head had left and could not see CCTV footage) and when I turned up next it was overwritten.
They should consider extending the storage period for video footage. For home use, 24 hours of recording storage and rewrite is sufficient, but for office use, it's essential to keep at least three months of footage. This is particularly important in the case of planned theft or emergency situations like murder, where footage can be crucial in identifying suspects. So, having a longer storage period can be very helpful. Please provide them with this feedback.

Today it's just a bumper, incase of theft or some serious issue. Provide them with this feedback before it's too late.
raptor_diwan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
They should consider extending the storage period for video footage. For home use, 24 hours of recording storage and rewrite is sufficient, but for office use, it's essential to keep at least three months of footage. This is particularly important in the case of planned theft or emergency situations like murder, where footage can be crucial in identifying suspects. So, having a longer storage period can be very helpful. Please provide them with this feedback.

Today it's just a bumper, incase of theft or some serious issue. Provide them with this feedback before it's too late.
It was more than a day though. I was late in office that day as I was finalizing a deck before a visit to a client abroad. I told the security person on duty (not the senior guy) to preserve the footage, but he obviously did not pass the message on and it wasn't there when I next went to office a week later.

Again, as others mentioned, not worth fighting too much, so absorb the loss and move on.
chinkara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 16:50   #19
BHPian

I will be saying what others have already told you. Don't involve Cops. They won't do any good. You'll just waste your time and energy with them. Dealing with Cops or any public office guy is a chore and end up as a headache. You better get your car fixed. But do try to seek the one responsible. Try to settle it without the involvement of others, they do more harm than good. You did right by reporting it to management and security. Now CCTV will tell what actually happened, but don't get your hopes up.
Old 16th May 2023, 08:24   #20
BHPian

To be very honest, I think you are being extremely obtuse over what seems to be a minor incident.

1) It appears to be an unfortunate incident, not something malicious or preplanned. We have insurance for this purpose, so please make use of it.

2) Yes, the bike being parked in an "unauthorised" zone was not the right thing but pretty much every RWA would have a clause that reads "parking at owners risk". Now there is not much legal validity to this but to get that far, you eventually need to file suit. Are you prepared for that?

3) Asking for action on that poorly paid security guard though is pushing the envelope here.

If I were you, I would again try and reach out to the owner of the bike, have an honest chat, let them know very politely on how I feel about this and then go claim insurance.

Ultimately, you live there. If you make too much noise, the RWA will push back, you will have more conflict with other residents and it's simply not worth it. And police? My friend, for such a trivial damage via possibly no malicious action, they will not even entertain this case.

The one game changer here though is, if you find in the CCTV footage, someone consciously pushing the bike onto your car to damage it (highly unlikely) then demand the RWA get involved and get you fair compensation (cost of repairs), threaten to escalate etc etc.
Old 22nd May 2023, 12:22   #21

That's a nasty dent, felt sorry for the damage! A dent on a new car can be so heart breaking, I can feel it. Going after the society RWA will not be fruitful, I can tell you that, If you're lucky and can find a CCTV footage, talk to the bike owner personally and settle this.involving the police would be a very bad idea, trust me. Everyone in the comments is not saying the same thing for no reason! It's a big deal for the owner, but it's a petty issue for everyone else, that's just how it is. Other option is to just go and get it repaired under insurance from the best service dealer, that's more important. Poorly matched paint job will remind you everyday of the damage! You can wait out till towards the end of the insurance, in case you get any more scuffs or anything. I have suffered a lot mentally myself trying to keep my vehicle pristine, my sympathies to you! But as with everything else, in time it'll cease to matter as much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks