YES 12 70.59%
NO 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2004, 23:42   #1

Oneways & Flyovers menace

Hey guys,
Do u think Oneways and Flyovers have helped?According to me its just created more havok in the city.
Old 27th July 2004, 12:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well....it has helped ease the traffic in few areas. But, then it cannot be a universal question.....it differs from city to city..
Old 27th July 2004, 12:46   #3
BHPian

I'ts a mess, except in Mumbai and the larger cities where roads are W-I-D-E enough and police vigilant enough to prevent our educated folk from crossing over or driving in the wrong direction, everywhere else flyovers and one-ways have lead to more problems...
Old 27th July 2004, 13:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

planning is pathetic.. take the case of air port road.. delays caused by poor planning.. then again once its over.. koramagala side will be in big time trouble.. trust me..
couldn they have at least made a simulatanious plan to link the ring road direct to koramanagala no fancy loops... such a waste of money..
Old 27th July 2004, 13:59   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ July 27 2004,12:23)]planning is pathetic.. take the case of air port road.. delays caused by poor planning.. then again once its over.. koramagala side will be in big time trouble.. trust me..
couldn they have at least made a simulatanious plan to link the ring road direct to koramanagala no fancy loops... such a waste of money..
And this going to continue for another two years, year and half if govt move their heavy a$$
Old 27th July 2004, 16:28   #6
Team-BHP Support

If you're talking with reference to Mumbai, the flyovers have helped a great deal. eg. Dadar to Thane takes just 35mins. There is one major problem though. The roads below the flyovers have been neglected and most of them sport massive potholes. These have not been attended too for many years.
Another thing that's really sickening, is the timings of the signals.
Old 27th July 2004, 21:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

It's not the oneways and the flyovers that are at fault. It's all about timing and placing.

First question they should be asking is, "Is it really required?" Like Jaggu said, why not have a simple plan instead of twists and turns.

Even the Hebbal flyovers could have been much more simpler. But you know some of them are really good eh!! Remember the long loop flyover at Hebbal, great place to drift/slide your car.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 27th July 2004, 23:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

in mumbai its really helped.
specially at marine drive.
once durin monsoons it took me 2 hours to get home from school but now the same stretch with the same amt of rainfall takes max 1hr.
btw the dist bw my skool and house is 6 km
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2004, 01:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

yes it has definitely helped in mumbai,
consider the amar mahal flyover at chembur ,and the one over dadar TT have helped thane -CST travel to be done in 45 mins,which was just impossible previously.
also the flyover on the western expressway through the chakal junction have helped.
similarly once the flyover at kanjurmarg junction is complete,things wud improve.
Old 20th June 2011, 22:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Oneways & Flyovers menace

Just yesterday this so called and famed delayed for construction, Andheri was inaugrated with big noise our politicians made , that this flyover will make travel of Juhu residents very useful.and fuel saving.
Not even 24 hrs after it was thown open to public ,it was shut for them today , GOD only know the reason, I travelled today from that area and wanted to use the same but was stopped bt those cops, when I asked them the reason they had same old one to give KYAA MALOOM NAHIN HAI.
Entire fly over was empty and these security jokers had stopped the traffic using a plastic ribbon.
Attached Thumbnails
Oneways & Flyovers menace-photo0087.jpg  

Oneways & Flyovers menace-photo0088.jpg  

Oneways & Flyovers menace-photo0089.jpg  

Oneways & Flyovers menace-photo0091.jpg  

Old 20th June 2011, 22:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Were you there when they allowed 3 cars with red beacons on top to go through and a Swift Dzire on lease followed them ??

I crossed the same place and asked them to give way they pointed me in the old direction !! Bahh
Old 20th June 2011, 22:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Were you there when they allowed 3 cars with red beacons on top to go through and a Swift Dzire on lease followed them ??

I crossed the same place and asked them to give way they pointed me in the old direction !! Bahh
I was there at 3.30 PM and I saw a white Honda city coming from wrong direction and was let off by these cops by lifting that stupid ribbon .
Old 20th June 2011, 22:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi at least the fly overs have made life a lot easier. With the sheer volume of traffi, I shudder to think what would have been the case if we had traffic signals at all intersections on ring road instead of the flyovers. What would Dhaula Kuan and AIMS crossing do without them? What would the palam chowk , and mahipalpur crossing on the Gurgaon expressway do without the flyovers? One has to see the volum of traffic on these roads during peak hrs.

So yes Fly overs have done a world of good at least in Delhi
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks