Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 23:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

Zak, you should write for those weeklies that sell in Malluland for 10 bucks or so....They would double their circulation overnight, with people waiting at the newsstands for the next edition...

Ever heard of batonBoss? Something like that...
Old 10th August 2007, 07:20   #62
BANNED

48 hours..................... Part VI

As said by a famous athlete;
"It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret."
(Jackie Joyner Kersee)

The S was now in front of me. I was not driving that majestic piece of automobile beauty. I was not even sitting in it. I looked at my arsenal by glancing at the speedometer, fuel tank level, and the multi information display. Hmmmmm.... the car I am sitting in is not that bad. it can take some good fight to it's competitors.

I also glance with a sharp eye to the road ahead of me. It seems like it is full of turns and miraculous bends. It is also narrow, barely enough for 2 vehicles to pass each other comfortably. I realised 2 things. This drive is going to be fun in bends if the traffic is less and aliens from planet mars haven't yet attacked it by bombing it and making potholes. It wasn't long before I got to understand the smooth surface still unlost due to thundering showers. Yes, it is a well tarred road. I press my left foot deeper and deeper. The car shows out it's powerful character and soon I am in an overzealous overtaking mood wherever possible. The S was again driven slowly. Taking care of turns and bends and especially when passing local buses. They could now see me in the rear view mirrors and started giving me way. I see a small opportunity after following it for some time and I zoom pass it. Yes, my mind has overcome the S dullness it was carrying for the last 20 minutes or so!

I am the captain now. I rule!
No, No. Don't get me wrong. I mean I can drive the Laura into it's glory and get out from the eyes of it's owner who was sitting in the S now. I push the car more and more. Yes, it handles well in corners and begs you to take the next corner faster. But frequent bus stops on the way made sure that I test the brakes well too. They were powerful and controlled the car well to a sharp stop when asked to. It never lost it's line or it's composure. As I came to know the whole character of the car, I gained more confidence and now, I was really enjoying it.
We were headed towards Kodungallur (an ancient small town with some famous temples and one of the oldest mosques in India). I was overtaking any slow moving traffic ahead of this Laura. From buses to bicycles. I was pretty sure that the gigantic sized S will never be able to do so with it's ultra wide body. I pulled out more further and saw the S disappearing from my rear view mirror. I kept on checking the mirror and after a while it was completely forgotten.

As we entered the town, the sky was yet to pour it's blessings. No, it hasn't rained for the last few hours. But there was a lot of traffic in the town and I slowly move towards our destination. We were supposed to meet at a Hotel for some business matters. I arrive at the Hotel gate and see an Elantra and a good looking vehicle near it. I understand that there will be some people waiting for our arrival and I am not wrong. They are glad to see the laura pulling in to the Hotel porch. But they see me and I am happy to announce that the other car is quiet behind and they will soon reach here.
Then I see them smiling and I see a huge white thing in my rearview mirror. Oh my god! The S is here. The traffic didn't slow it down nor that difficult to overtake road. Now, I had to move the car away from the porch and park it somewhere in a corner as I was no longer a star! I pull out and park it slowly and come out.

Now, that ugly vehicle was smiling at me. Yes, it is ugly to some and a beauty to many.

The 2007 Honda CRV I am talking about.

I managed to grab some pics using one of of my relative's iMate phone (Which I transferred to my phone later). Hence the difference in pic quality.

Does the CRV's finely refined petrol engine sound good after 2 great Diesel engines? (3 including Toyota's D4D)!

Remember! There is a famous quote made by a famous humorist;
"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."
Don Marquis
US humorist (1878 - 1937)
I do keep that in mind and will not delay my further postings. Wokay?

Last edited by speedzak : 10th August 2007 at 07:27.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
This drive is going to be fun in bends if the traffic is less and aliens from planet mars haven't yet attacked it by bombing it and making potholes.
well said brother i still have no idea where do you come up with such lines " you must be the clarkson of india man"

Quote:
"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."
Don Marquis
US humorist (1878 - 1937)
well procrastination is impossible to seduce buddy, i wonder what kind of commitment issues you have hehe
NO WORRIES
cheers
shab

Last edited by xinome : 10th August 2007 at 23:14.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:37   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I press my left foot deeper and deeper.
Thats the brake!
Old 11th August 2007, 00:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats the brake!
i didnt notice that! Har Har!! but zak what where you doing! giving the guys at the rear heartache's or just scaring the s class after you overtook it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks