Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2023, 15:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Misuse of technologies such as ADAS

ADAS is a feather that is likely to save many lives in the long term, and I am so glad that it's being trickled down from luxury segment.

However, there will always be some folks who would do reckless behaviour for the attention of their ever decreasing followers. How many videos were there previously of people driving with their feet or back seat driving. At the very least with ADAS, I'm certain that the car must have disengaged and stopped itself after a few secs hence the short length of the video itself.

I honestly agree with @pkulkarni.2106 that manufactures should connect it with seat sensors to disengage when drivers seat is empty. Sadly people will still try to circumnavigate even that for the circus to keep going.

ADAS should be remembered for reducing severity of accidents if not of their prevention altogether.
Old 27th September 2023, 16:00   #17
BHPian

This is just outrageous! ADAS is built to help people reduce the number of accidents on the roads!

TBH, with more and more vehicles with ADAS getting launched, you can expect lot more of these types of videos!!

Action should be taken against these guys!! It's also a good reminder of who we drive on the roads with! People like these cannot, I repeat, cannot be allowed to drive on the roads!
Old 27th September 2023, 17:26   #18
BHPian

Totally unacceptable act. If companies can offer ADAS then they must also install driver fatigue (or absent) warning system. If the driver is not on driving seat or has closed/ non focused eyes then the ADAS should simply park the vehicle on side of the road. With hazard lights blinking and alarms annoying continuously, it will be a fun to watch reaction of the driver.
Ton Ami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 00:38   #19
BHPian

Just came across this. People have guts to put these in public domain with their faces clearly visible. Calls for action

Rodie09 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 05:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am pretty certain that people doing such acts are ones who get luxuries of life wihout deserving or earning them. No right minded salaried/ responsible business owner paying EMIs will try such stunts. That said, in my limited driving experience of ADAS, I thought the blind spot alert was most useful. Hyundai has it for both sides. I dont agree with the Honda logic of restricting it to LHS. Also, the LKA on the Elevate was a bit more aggressive than I liked.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 15:29   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What a stupidity.

These kinds of people are putting life in danger for themselves and for others; that too just for a few views on video. The car's speed also looks quite high enough to regret if any incident happens.
ADAS is a beautiful feature made for safety but some are using it for unnecessary fun.

I hope the video reaches the concerned RTO and appropriate action will be taken.
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 17:01   #22
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Because it's a good reminder of the kind of idiots & stupidity that we share the road with.

Be safe out there, guys . Have fun road-tripping, but be cautious.
The only thing that matters to these people are the views. More views=more of these acts/videos. I'd say it's better to just post screenshots cause this thread alone would give them another 2000 hits which is in a way enabling them.
RMN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 19:55   #23
BHPian

Very sad to see this kind of irresponsibility! I have the YouTube dislike extension installed on my Firefox browser that lets me see the hidden dislike count. This video has 0 dislikes as of now, makes it just that little bit sadder.
Old 18th October 2023, 21:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksfdb View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians,
I just came across a video showing a person misusing the ADAS feature in an XUV700. It pains me alot when I see such reckless behaviour by people on the road.
They should make some additional features like driver monitoring or seat pressure monitoring for cars with ADAs to prevent people from missing the tech. It was okay if they are putting their safety at risk, but they're risking other people's life as well.

Also is it true that in fsd vehicles like Tesla allow users to test beta software versions on public roads?
Old 20th October 2023, 13:54   #25
BHPian

There are also videos like this, but sadly people don't take them seriously.

But seriously, these sorts of antics (including sun roof idiocy) should become criminal offences with a large penalty, which would spur law enforcement into action.
Old 21st October 2023, 11:56   #26

I feel ADAS will be a boon in the long run, although it will take time especially in India where lane driving is a joke. Till then, unfortunate incidents are bound to happen thanks to these idiots who would do anything for likes/shares.
I too recently got the facelift seltos with ADAS and with the first drive itself I realized its limitations. I wonder how stupid are these people to realize that.
Having said that, I feel ADAS will only be successful if majority of the cars adapt the technology as it would bring the sync that is required. Right now, unwanted breaking, lane-keeping could also result in accidents.
Old 21st October 2023, 12:29   #27

I have a feeling that these antics would someday cause a big accident, followed by a public outcry against it. Our media would amplify it as an evil technology. This would result in severe crippling of advanced ADAS features or complete ban by the Govt. Just imagine if Thar had ADAS, these type of videos would've been much more common. As a certain number of Thar drivers are already notorious for doing illegal mods, doing stunts on roads etc...

Already Minister Nitin Gadkari made a statement in the past that he won't allow autonomous cars as they will impact jobs of drivers.
akash.yadav001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks