Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:44   #1
BHPian

Beware- Basement parking lot in Noida Mall

The other day my parents had parket their Cielo in the basement of 'The Great India Place' in Noida. The parking lot is huge and is usually quiet occupied. Just as they returned and were about to start, a security guard came from nowhere and informed - 'Sir you have a flat tyre!' Without wasting any time, the guard offered help to replace the punchured tyre. When the job was done, my dad offered him Rs 20 for his labour. Surprisingly, the guard got annoyed and told that it was a Rs 50 job, not Rs 20. My dad gave Rs 30 more

Next day I took the punchured tyre out of the boot to get it fixed, just to notice a matchstick been inserted into the valve of the tube! I quickly realised that the tyre was not punchured, but was merely deflated by someone- probably that guard. Few days later, I came to know of a similar incident with my friend's parents. From some other sources, i came to know there is a gang operating in that perticular mall and targets senior citizens only, as they normally woudnt replace the tyre themselves! Yesterday, I went to that place and spoke to the parking management about this. They in return told that "how can we penalise our guards without having any proof against them!'

.. just that I am planning on how to catch these culprits red handed, so that our most respected elders do not fall prey anymore. Any sugessions..?
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:20   #2
BHPian

Send a written complaint to someone above the 'parking management' - other than that, there's not much you can really do. Do they have cctvs in the parking basement? If they do, then you might have proof, if you really want to make this a big deal and file a FIR against the guard / parking management. If not, you could suggest it to the higher management in your letter.
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Same thing happened to us at Bylekuppa in the Tibetian Settlement. Worse yet, our car was parked outside the residence of the Rimpoche whom we'd gone to meet.

It looked suspicious so the first thing I looked at was the valve and sure enough there was a broken piece of gravel in it, and next to the tyre I found a piece of gravel with the exact shape missing from it.

Got out fast enough thanks to my in-car compressor!!! On the way out we saw a group of 3 stunned little monks (the small boys in monk's clothes) staring at our car speeding by - we'd found our culprits!
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:54   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

woah !!! i've been to that mall like a million times and its always better to find parking near the escalators, i know the security guys there will definatly take up this matter with them.
Old 4th October 2007, 10:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ask your parents to drive down again and park.

You drive in some other vehicle and park it at a distance where he cannot detect you are in the car, keep your camera ready to click and catch him at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
.. just that I am planning on how to catch these culprits red handed, so that our most respected elders do not fall prey anymore. Any sugessions..?
Old 4th October 2007, 10:24   #6
BHPian

@dadu, I think this wont work as they probably would recognise either my parents or the car..
Old 4th October 2007, 10:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Why not just ask them to be vigilant and raise a helluva alarm the next time they notice such a problem in their car? Rather, to threaten to call the police?

That settles such idiots
Old 4th October 2007, 10:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

i think dadu's idea is the best. there is no refuting the pictures. then once u got the pics, send it to the papers...
Old 4th October 2007, 11:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Seems a very good idea. Also carry a baseball bat and after taking pictures, whip the daylights out of the culprit(s). They will, after this treatment, never ever do such a thing again in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Ask your parents to drive down again and park.

You drive in some other vehicle and park it at a distance where he cannot detect you are in the car, keep your camera ready to click and catch him at it.
Old 4th October 2007, 13:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ask one of your uncles/aunts to do that then in their car. But it might need more than one try, it depends on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
@dadu, I think this wont work as they probably would recognise either my parents or the car..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks