Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 20:38   #1
BHPian

Pune road rage

Was on my way to office doing 40-45kmph happy the bike was warmed up & running smooth. Stop at a signal, a guy in a black scorpio wants to race me on the open road ahead, I ignored him as I always do in times like these & carried on after the signal turned green. This guy has the nerve of getting his jeep about inches away from my bike trying to box me into the divider, he was basically trying to get me to race.
I braked, let him pass, got next to him on the signal ahead & ask what his problem was, he had almost killed me for crying out loud!! Instead the guy has the audacity of getting out of the car abusing & waiving his fist, I kept my cool, lost it completely when he started shoving me around, was still wearing my helmet & gloves with carbon knuckle protection, punched hard enough for him to fall down. He was dazed, those knuckle protectors are HARD !! Funny part is the traffic cops at the signal saw this entire drama & walked up only after he fell. They agreed that the driver had raised his fist & shoved me first. Inspector arrives, I tell him I punched him in self defence after he tried killing me with the stupid stunt he pulled trying to box me into the divider. Cop arrests the driver, let me go after checking my license.
I feel so much better, but at the same time wonder how many more morons are out there who do not have the basic decency of acknowledging the existence & safety of another human being.
Moral - be cool on the roads, very cool. Never ever raise your hand first, but only in self defence, and please acknowledege other people on the road. It's not worth being responsible for hurting someone seriously for a few seconds of senseless fun on city roads. Take care guys ! Ride\drive safe!
Old 9th October 2007, 20:51   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Insane experience bro..I'm glad you came out victorious. Oh by the way the last time I tried to help a TeaM BHPIAN IN VASHI I got my *** kicked by eight orange flagged guys ..coz obviously the guy who started it and the rest of the crowd were too busy covering their own asses.For that one I havent actually thanked Mr.PORTED HEAD officially on the site...THANKS for pulling me out bro..

Last edited by nitroxx : 9th October 2007 at 20:52.
Old 9th October 2007, 20:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

That stupid driver deserved it. What madness to race against a biker on public roads.

I dont encourage violence but seriously, he deserved each one of your knuckles.

Lucky for you, the cops didnt press any assualt charges as they normally dont see right and wrong. They just fleece the scapegoat as much as they can .
Old 9th October 2007, 20:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Well done, Manish. As you said, never raise your hand first. But, if anyone attacks you, don't hesitate to fight back.
Such indecent and dangerous morons have no place on the roads or in any public place for that matter. They belong behind bars or in the lunatic asylum.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good job!! Such characters deserve to be treated this way. Ideally have a few bones broken,so that they remember the incident all their lives.

Glad that you are safe,mb_jg. Be careful,and always watch your six.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:15   #6
BHPian

What I am amazed about is that the cop let you go! Under all normal circumstances he would have tried to extract as much money as possible form BOTH of you, whoever's fault it may have been!
Old 9th October 2007, 21:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil View Post
What I am amazed about is that the cop let you go! Under all normal circumstances he would have tried to extract as much money as possible form BOTH of you, whoever's fault it may have been!
You are right, but under normal circumstances no one wud be insane enough to cough up money for something he did not initiate.
This guy was a senior inspector, well spoken, & very level headed. He heard both our versions of the story as well as the traffic cops & the crowd that saw it happen, only then he made a decision. It took a good 30mins odd before he let me go. I had my papers in order, i also told him that I am not raising charges for attempt to murder, which is what the driver unconciously did. The cop actually thanked me for not being too violent. He realised that I was no moron & knew what I was talking about, given that no way he would've even tried to get money out of me.
You have to understand something, he tried boxing me into a concrete divider approx 1+feet high & the crowd on that particular stretch of road saw this happen. He did take down a statement from me & only then let me go. Since you are from Pune you would know the Ruby Hall road which has the divider, that's where it happened.

Last edited by mb_jg : 9th October 2007 at 21:37.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good job and hope that idiot learnt his lesson.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Insane experience bro..I'm glad you came out victorious. Oh by the way the last time I tried to help a TeaM BHPIAN IN VASHI I got my *** kicked by eight orange flagged guys ..coz obviously the guy who started it and the rest of the crowd were too busy covering their own asses.For that one I havent actually thanked Mr.PORTED HEAD officially on the site...THANKS for pulling me out bro..
Oh man, that must've been a tough moment. Trust me, in today's times you personally come across so many incidents of road rage you are not sure what you need to do anymore !!! We are realistically losing logical reasoning to being selfish beyond criticism. People just don't realise anymore that they are dealing with human beings.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:50   #10
BHPian

Thanks for all the concerns you guys.
I really hope this does not instigate any negativity or fear of riding.
My sincere message to all reading this thread is be concious while you are on the road, & even more importantly beware of nut jobs that might get you in trouble that you intended to avoid in the first place.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

mb_jg , be careful next time you travel on that rodd ,if he has enough money ,he can get any body to run over you at the same place someother time/place .Be careful or avoid that road for sometime or take you car for some time.
Since yours a bright bike ,its even more easier to spot.

Last edited by black12rr : 9th October 2007 at 21:58.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
This guy has the nerve of getting his jeep about inches away from my bike trying to box me into the divider, he was basically trying to get me to race.
As if we don't have enough problem's in life, we have to deal with psychopaths like these on the road.

We still are very much a third world country while it comes to motoring, especially traffic.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:19   #13
BHPian

Amir baap ke bighde bete always do such kind of stunts thinking they can get away with anything
Old 9th October 2007, 22:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Good job mb. These morons on big SUVs actually think that they can do whatever they want & get away with it. And kudos for the cops for identifying the real criminal. Hope it hurts that moron physically & spiritually.
Old 10th October 2007, 00:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
mb_jg , be careful next time you travel on that rodd ,if he has enough money ,he can get any body to run over you at the same place someother time/place .Be careful or avoid that road for sometime or take you car for some time.
Since yours a bright bike ,its even more easier to spot.

Thanks for boosting my morale dude !!! Feel much safer now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks