Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 20:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
I guess it is very hard to UNLEARN.
Very well put! And to thing that after the 'near impossible' unlearning there has to be some LEARNING!! Clearly beyond what a mortal mind can comprehend.
We are in a mess!
Old 19th October 2007, 23:51   #62
BANNED

Let him buy a car in his money and see him drive on the road. Of course, he should bear the expense of any damage & repairs to the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Even my driver drives the car like a BPO car. I keep educating him on safe driving.
Which hard to unlearn? Auto driver's habit or yours?
Quote:
I guess it is very hard to UNLEARN.
Old 20th October 2007, 06:41   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Let him buy a car in his money and see him drive on the road. Of course, he should bear the expense of any damage & repairs to the car.
diabloo, that is a very good point you have raised!
We do not pay our drivers anything CLOSE to a salary on which the poor chap can even contemplate ever owning a car.
Perhaps if we did we would have a far better breed of drivers available.
Old 20th October 2007, 13:13   #64
BHPian

n_c what were you doing in mulund ?

And its such a good feeling when you cross the sion flyover where you dont have to see these roaches !
Old 20th October 2007, 14:52   #65
KVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

Which hard to unlearn? Auto driver's habit or yours?
Diabloo, Did not understand your question. I was talking about my driver habits and his unlearning.

Even if the driver buys his own car the habits of rash driving are not easy to change. They have to be taught when they are learning the car.

For example a simple discipline like lane driving, how many people understands the concept of lane driving? Very well educated people also do not follow lane driving or follow the traffic rules? Once you get habituated it is very difficult to change?
Old 20th October 2007, 21:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumil View Post
n_c what were you doing in mulund ?
Went there to watch a movie - aur kya

And what am I reading about blaming the Indica driver for not anticipating the auto driver doing that !! Even the auto driver must have not known what he was doing !

The Indica was not a call centre one and the driver was driving pretty well. The auto guy was in the left most lane of a 4 lane highway and just as all the cars accelerated after the signal turning green - he just measured his angle and went through.

The auto driver was to be blamed 100 %.
Old 20th October 2007, 22:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Q.e.d.

Last edited by anupmathur : 20th October 2007 at 22:07.
Old 20th October 2007, 23:29   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
the auto did not have headlights nor tail lights.
Enough reason why the vehicle should never have been on the road in the first place.
Glad nothing happened to anyone in any of the vehicles involved.
Old 20th October 2007, 23:55   #69
F50
Senior - BHPian

I think NC is to be blamed here

1) He was in the right most lane(fast lane?) which is actually for the people who are suppose to turn right into Godrej.
So, if NC would have been following the lane discipline(2nd lane) then he would have cruised past both Indica and Autorickshaw and laughing all the way.

2) Indica driver nor the Auto guy is to blamed here, its normal Indian driving ishtyle, right ka lane khali hai to udar se seedha nikal jaaunga.

NC yaar, zyada dhayaan rakh and dont get into 5 or its multiple car pile ups.
Observe Lane Discipline. Speed at 80 kmph.
Old 21st October 2007, 11:02   #70
BHPian

From all that's been written, I guess, one can neverbe too careful on indian roads.

If the potholes don't get you, the autos/cabbies/buses/trucks et. al. will. Not to forget daredevil bike riders (minus helmet, ofcourse).

Defensive driving rules and you gotta treat everything on the road as an accident waiting to happen.

I drive regularly on mumbai roads, esp the Eastern Exp. highway and make it a point to look out for anyone driving stupidly, saved myself from accidents a couple of times too.

Also, for anyone who drives on the mumbai Eastern Exp. highway, recently the traffic police have been setting up speed traps at various places.

Speed limit is 60, so drive safe.
Old 21st October 2007, 12:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And what am I reading about blaming the Indica driver for not anticipating the auto driver doing that !!
Quote:
The auto driver was to be blamed 100 %.

NC, we want you to be safe. Please take note of what various people have said. You DO NEED TO FACTOR IN the way a lot of these auto driver types behave. Irritating as they are, wrong as they are, they rule!

WE must figure out ways to stay safe in this scenario. These happen to be the ground realities.
You may choose to ignore them, but that will be at your own peril.
Old 21st October 2007, 15:32   #72
BHPian

Yeah thats the problem that we have allowed them to rule instead of taking any action
Old 21st October 2007, 15:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
I think NC is to be blamed here

1) He was in the right most lane(fast lane?) which is actually for the people who are suppose to turn right into Godrej.
So, if NC would have been following the lane discipline(2nd lane) then he would have cruised past both Indica and Autorickshaw and laughing all the way.
Arre bhai - this happened after I passed the signal , not at the signal junction. And no I would not have laughed my way past the auto and Indica because there was a slow moving ape 3 wheeler in the 2nd lane (left to right most one) Thats the reason the Indica came into the right lane.
Old 21st October 2007, 16:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
That is so cultured. I want to carry a gun........
A colleague of mine actually does. He just uses it for traffic defence(its always empty he told me once).

He says its very effective. Once he went and broke the indicators of a car with his gun butt as the driver turned into my colleague's lane without using the turn signal indicator.
Seems he just took out his gun went screaming at the guy "why do you need an indicator? you dont seem to use it anyway and broke both the mirrors"..when he broke both the indicators.

Seeing the gun the driver just stayed in the car and mute it seems. I asked him what happened to your car.

He told me.. car? what car?
I was on a Kinetic Honda.
Old 21st October 2007, 16:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Jesus, you guys are disgusting. There are enough educated idiots who drive like it's their pop's road, but you have to talk about shooting auto drivers. Give them a break. Try driving something like that for a living in a smog everyday, and see how it feels. I know they're bad, but we're supposed to be educated and civilised.

Lucky you got out of that without another scratch, n_c. Drive safe.
No one asks the auto drivers to drive these autos. Its their own choice that they want to end up driving these things, also the smog is caused by these guys adding kerosene into some 300 year old machines.

Having said that, I have seen several auto guys driving very decently and following all rules, so lets not generalise this into us vs autowallas, and certianly no shooting talks please.

PS: Eastern express highway does have a clearly written speed limit (60kmph) for cars, so when the author of this thread was at 70+kmph, it was he who was breaking the law, sorry but the law will take this stand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks