Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 16:48   #1

Moonrakers Chennai

Hi guys,

Any info about the ambience at Moonrakers Chennai? I saw some snaps from a previous reunion at Chennai. I want to specifically know if one can go there with family? What time does it start?

Also info about the following in the order of preference
Food
Food
Food

Thanks
Kibi
Old 16th November 2007, 12:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Moonrakers Mahabs is primarily a drink joint. You shouldnt face any issues. I have never. You will have to put up with cigarette smoke though.

Food is relatively good. Beef, squid, fish and prawns are specialities and of course beer.

Prawns get expensive. Ask them to show it to you before cooking. I always negotiate on the prawn prices because they charge high. Specify your cooking style.
Old 16th November 2007, 14:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would say this is the best time to visit moonraker. The weather is not very hot and humid, so you can enjoy the drive along the coast to the restaurant.

If you like sea food then this is the place to go to. The crabs, prawns and squid are delicious and so is the chilly beef. Wash that down with some chilled beer. you can spend the whole afternoon there. There is no separate family section so be prepared for some second hand tobacco smoke.... and lots and lots of houseflies. Carry a bug zapper or a hand held fan for keeping them at bay.

Man, this thread is so nostalgic.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th November 2007 at 14:26.
Old 16th November 2007, 14:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibi View Post
Moonrakers Chennai?

Food
Food
Food
Good
Good
Good

Like everyone has said, try to find a place where there are less or no drinkers. Mostly the ground floor is pretty smoke free, AFAIK. And enjoy maadi the sea food.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks