Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2005, 09:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Endeavour madness!

OK guys this might sound very mundane and boring to you who've gone in all sorts of European exotica.......

At the great Ford Drive organised recently across india there was this demonstration of the Endeavour's abilities. I bagged a ride, and who was in the driver's seat but rally ace Jagat Nanjappa!!

I have never had such an awesome ride. It was on a purpose-made dirt track with 45 degree inclines, ultra-banked areas, water pools and whatnot. But what crowned that memorable drive were the sideways moments. He was throwing the 2-ton behemoth sideways like it were a mere Esteem!!

It was brilliant, and I was warded off when I tried to approach him later for an autograph and some chit-chat.
Old 1st January 2005, 10:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Don't tell me, Ford has arranged for this again this year!!! Didn't this happen last year?

Shan2nu
Old 1st January 2005, 10:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Shantanu maybe hes talking bout last year. Islero even I drove the Endeavour in the Great Ford Drive. It was really an amazin experience. I hope they have more of these events in the future

Dippy
Old 1st January 2005, 10:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

yeah, I agree, it's thru these kinda events that they can show people what beats like the Endeavour are really capable of- and that they can do much muhc more than simply look butch.
Old 1st January 2005, 14:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah been there too. Good fun, I had waited long to drive the Mondeo and that was to be my chance. I did get a chance to meet Nanjappa though, I don't question his driving skills, but do so for his attitude. Way too arrogant for my likes, I wonder why. He had something against people and Maruti 800s, it's not as if he drove Quattros for a living during his career.
Old 1st January 2005, 16:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

dont even remind me of him!....guy's too arrogant
Old 1st January 2005, 19:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

yeah, even I noticed that.........sad, for his driving skills are excellent.
Old 2nd January 2005, 05:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

I dunno about you guys, but i enjoy his company. Somehow, he's pretty friendly with us.

Once, he let us watch car videos in his office. That was awesome. Plus we get to hear rallying experiences and near misses he's had while rallying.

JN is actually a bike rider, driving isn't his main area of x-pertise.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 2nd January 2005 at 12:36.
Old 2nd January 2005, 08:22   #9
F50
Senior - BHPian

I was there too and JN was next to me. It was a truly great experience and the course setup was awesome too. The only thing what lacked according to me was 'How fast Endeavour can go' but overall it was fun. Drove the Mondeo also and man it was quick.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks