Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2007, 16:23   #1
GRV
BHPian

Gurgaon to Ramgarh

Hi
Just returned yesterday from 2 nights trip to Ramgarh from Gurgaon. I took Gurgaon-Gaziabad-Hapur-Moradabad-Rampur-Pantnagar-Kathgodam route to Ramgarh (and to Nainital).

Road from Rampur till Pantnagar (72 KMs approx) is absolutely bad shape and it took me around 3.5 hrs to cover this section. The top surface of the road has come off and the ride becomes very bumpy

On the advise of my Hotel in Ramgarh, I took Ramgarh-Nainital-Kasipur-Ramnagar (Jim Corbett) -Moradabad route (Rather than Kathgodam -Rampur- Moradabd section) and the road condition is good and should be preferable

Evening traffic from Gaziabad to Gurgaon was horrible. I reached Gaziabad at 6 p.m. on my way back but could reach gurgaon only at 8.45 (2.45 hrs to cover a distance of 50 kms)

For people planning a trip to Ramgarh, The Ramgarh Bunglow (Neemrana property I stayed in) is a true old world charm and worth staying in. Old structure, working fireplace, tasty food and very attentive service.

GRV
Old 25th January 2008, 16:05   #2
BHPian

Hi GRV, You revived old memories, when I was in school in 90s we used to go very often to Nainital, in fact few of my friends were studying(supposedly) ta Birla Vidayniketan. During one of those visits we had gone to Ramgarh. It was a laidback kind of town with old world hilltown feel. One of our uncles was among the first outside inhabitant of the place. In fact he owned such large tracts of land that we would climb on a small mound and say "jahan tak nazar jaaye woh hamara ilaka hai". It was nice fun.

We also met one time politician Akbar Ahmed Dumpy and his lovely wife Naina Balsaver at their charming bungalow. It was good fun then. Do update me about the place now and how it has changed.
Old 27th February 2008, 13:43   #3
BHPian

Hey I was in Mukteshwar for X'mas. I took the terrible route. Although I was in my beast (safari 2.2) the journey at that streatch was quite a pain. Still did 80/90 km
However unlucky not to get the right advice on the way back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks