Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2005, 00:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
as in an issue of ACI,it seems in kerala the bus drivers seem to be very happy when they struggle with their steering on turns at hgigh speeds and shouting [COLOR=Red]SCHUMECARAAAAAAAAAAA[/COLOR].
My favourite topic - the bus drivers of Kerala. I'd like to invite some of you down to experience this in person, sitting on the fronts. By the end of the journey your leg would be hurting from applying imaginary brakes and your sides from trying to dodge the various vehicles flying past your windscreen.

Its thrilling, but extremely dangerous...there should be a law against them. I've gotten into various scrapes with them basically because I cant stand the bullying. Once drove at about 40kmph or less constantly in front of one maniac half the way from Calicut to Trichur because he pushed me off the road while fighting for roadspace with another maniac. That must've been his longest drive on that route, one that he will never forget because we were all over the road as I kept him resolutely behind me.

Not to be attempted at home!
Old 27th April 2005, 00:45   #17

dude..scorpio has awesome power...i have a diesel..it has very gud pick up nd power..in thired gear speedo swept past the 120 mark..it is really fun to drive one..but the brakes r very poor..u have to down swift at times..but you have to be very carefull when itz rainin..then the car has no control..i once tested the brakes at 130kmph when it was raining at nignt...the tyres got locked and just skided for around 70 to 80meters nd came to a halt at 45degrees..so u c..itz dangerous..this is all that u can expect from indian cars..
Old 27th April 2005, 00:49   #18

i have toped my scorpio 170kmph..but it took sometime to get there..it touched 150kmph so easily..in 4th gear..im talkin about the diesel one..
Old 27th April 2005, 01:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGSTER
dude..scorpio has awesome power...i have a diesel..it has very gud pick up nd power..in thired gear speedo swept past the 120 mark..it is really fun to drive one..but the brakes r very poor..u have to down swift at times..but you have to be very carefull when itz rainin..then the car has no control..i once tested the brakes at 130kmph when it was raining at nignt...the tyres got locked and just skided for around 70 to 80meters nd came to a halt at 45degrees..so u c..itz dangerous..this is all that u can expect from indian cars..

dude the braking part was crazy please don't do anything mad like that again & leave it to the Mahindra guys as it could have lead to even more problems if your car would have left road
Old 27th April 2005, 01:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

i have done a speedo indicated 155 kmph in my diesel scorpio , guess it could touch that 160 mark too . it was on the vapi highway in the afternoon .
was with my father so couldn't go further .
infact i ve done the 150 mark many a times !

manson .

Last edited by manson : 27th April 2005 at 01:51.
Old 20th June 2005, 18:29   #21

Hi,

I am going buy a baleno Lxi . Any suggestions ????
Old 20th June 2005, 18:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin
Hi,

I am going buy a baleno Lxi . Any suggestions ????
yeah !

GOO FOR IT !
Old 20th June 2005, 21:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hey rajaramk,
good to see that u backed off.
bt was it a petrol scorpio.ru sure it wasnt a terracan.
abt the scorpio even i had a similar experience on the expressway once ,when i got into this race with a diesel scorpio with abt 8-9 people .inspite of doing 160 on my speedo without AC ,it was able to keep up with me and it seemd as if his AC was on as the windows were rolled up .
at times he even went ahead of me whenever i lifted slightly.

wats the top speed of the P/D scorpio.
my friend did 160 with ac on with 5 people on board on a diesel
Old 21st June 2005, 10:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Once drove at about 40kmph or less constantly in front of one maniac half the way from Calicut to Trichur because he pushed me off the road while fighting for roadspace with another maniac.

This is too risky with the Govt Vehicles.

Once during a rainy season, upto 50 ft stretch of a lane was filled with water on either side. There were signboards not to drive over them due to the digging for laying cables. Only the center path of the road is visible. My friend who is on the wheels of Honda City waited patiently to allow the vehicles coming in the opposite direction to pass on. Once the traffic in the opposite direction cleared up, he got into the center position and accelerated.

From nowhere a Pallavan Transport emerged into the scene & took the center path in the opposite direction. My friend almost completed 70% of the path. Both the bus and car came to a halt facing each other. Without any mercy, the driver asked us to take reverse. My friend put of the engine and said nothing can be done. Few seconds passed on, the bus driver took a little bit reverse and cut the huge body towards left and moved on. Half of the bus passed on and the back portion of the bus crashed the side mirror, right hand side corner of the headlight and scratches on the right hand side body. Before we could realize what had happened, he disappeared. We do not have a clue which turn he had taken in a signal. We attempted one route in vain.
Old 19th July 2005, 03:11   #25
BANNED

dude i would just say 1 thing that its not very easy to race a scorpio...i mean the control of that car..i own 1 and i even own a v-tec...obviously v-tec is better and fasted...but in scorpio u feel so safe that u just dont care bout anything..the car feels really great...and dude in bombay...western express highway my car easily touched 140...150 is my top speed at marine drive...160 my brothers expressway
Old 19th July 2005, 03:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but in scorpio u feel so safe that u just dont care bout anything..
would you still feel the same if i told you...
its the only car launched during 2002 period which didnt undergo any kind of crash testing...there is no note of it crash worthiness...
what safety feature does it have besides the seat belt?
Old 19th July 2005, 03:27   #27
BANNED

i meant its such a big car...when i drive i dont care much about anything...u feel like zooming alot...now when i drive my sail or v-tec... a bus or a bigger car getz close and tries to block i slow down...but when i drive scorpio i dont care much coz u feel big man..i dont know how to xplain it properly
Old 19th July 2005, 09:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
i meant its such a big car...when i drive i dont care much about anything...u feel like zooming alot...now when i drive my sail or v-tec... a bus or a bigger car getz close and tries to block i slow down...but when i drive scorpio i dont care much coz u feel big man..i dont know how to xplain it properly

Well thats the danger actually, Its a false sense of security that will suck you in, and you will go faster than the car is resonable capable of, so be aware of that, as ican could be dangerous, fasr safer to Zoom in yr city, it much more stable

The other experience that you are talking abt, is that since you have the size, you have unknowingly become the Bully on the road,
the same on that you would have cursed soundly (and we all write and complain abt) were you driving in your V-tec (shouting- that B@St&** Sumo- he almost scrathed me!!), so maybe you can introspect on that bit if you wanna!!

dont intend to be preachy, but read your own post, and you may agree with me
Old 19th July 2005, 10:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Never trust a Scorpio above 50kmh. Just ask Samurai. That thing has all the handling finesse of a whale.
Old 19th July 2005, 11:09   #30
BANNED

dont understand why you guys think scorpio is not good for racing n all...i said its big fast comfortable and handling is also very nice of that car...itz like a sporty kinda suv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks