Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 09:59   #1
BHPian

Noida toll bridge users beware!

If you are a regular Noida Toll bridge (DND) user and have a 'Silver card', pl think twice before getting it recharged!

I got my card recharged for Rs 750 two days back. My card showed balance of Rs 710 yesterday after completing 2 passages. But today morning the system showed balance as 'nil'. Upon asking, they handed me slip stating that "Your balance has been consumed for the trips you made in Jan-Feb of this month when our systems were down."

What the heck! I went to their customer service desk just to find atleast ten more people fighting on similar issue! Upon asking for the statement, they said it is not possible since our systems were down then!

So, its better to break your card and make a new one for Rs 75 instead of loosing all your recharge balance on your current card!
Old 5th March 2008, 10:02   #2
BHPian

If systems were down, how did the system charge the card? This seems like cheating.
Old 5th March 2008, 10:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yeah ! it daylight robbery assuming that people would have used up their money by making endless trips across as their systems were down and they could not monitor.

Take them to the consumer court.
Old 5th March 2008, 10:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whatever technology we introduce, still people find a way out to cheat!!! Ummm...
I think this will be difficult to identify if they keep deducting some amount randomly, unless the Guy is really checking the balance and trip he makes.

In the end, I think the best is to have cash and change.
Old 5th March 2008, 10:34   #5
BHPian

In Mumbai they have smart card installed but they still dont use the auto debit option. In any case, I have stopped buying the monthly toll pass as on month ends , getting in a queue and then finding windows closed was so irritating and its better to pay cash and get moving unless the saving was attractive enough.
Old 5th March 2008, 12:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

The DND Guys are right !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
If you are a regular Noida Toll bridge (DND) user and have a 'Silver card', pl think twice before getting it recharged!

I got my card recharged for Rs 750 two days back. My card showed balance of Rs 710 yesterday after completing 2 passages. But today morning the system showed balance as 'nil'. Upon asking, they handed me slip stating that "Your balance has been consumed for the trips you made in Jan-Feb of this month when our systems were down."

What the heck! I went to their customer service desk just to find atleast ten more people fighting on similar issue! Upon asking for the statement, they said it is not possible since our systems were down then!

So, its better to break your card and make a new one for Rs 75 instead of loosing all your recharge balance on your current card!

I use the DND everyday when I drive to work.

In Jan-Feb the display screens on the Toll gate were not deducting the amount although the systems were working correct internally.

Heck, I was getting a balance of 802/- for almost 2 weeks i.e. about 20 trips. .. Infact, I didn't notice anybody complain then !!

When the systems came up, everybody's balance has started showing correctly because of which all the sudden hue and cry ..
Old 5th March 2008, 12:55   #7
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post

In Jan-Feb the display screens on the Toll gate were not deducting the amount although the systems were working correct internally.
When the systems came up, everybody's balance has started showing correctly because of which all the sudden hue and cry ..
hmmm...so from akash's post it appears that he was running a negative balance, but dnd still allowed him to use the toll bridge for 2 months. so the system isnt really correct...
Old 5th March 2008, 15:40   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I use the DND everyday when I drive to work.

Heck, I was getting a balance of 802/- for almost 2 weeks i.e. about 20 trips. .. Infact, I didn't notice anybody complain then !!

I second this, there were signages on the silver card lane telling everyone about the problem in jan/feb! If you remember they were not recharging any cards during this time.
Old 6th March 2008, 15:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

I use DND 2-3 times a week. Crossed the toll plaza 3 times this week including this morning. No problem with my prepaid card (silver lane). However I did notice that after recharge the balance stayed at Rs485 for a while. Saw the correct balance sometime last week (I think). I dont think they are that bold (or stupid) to try and cheat like this.
Old 18th April 2009, 16:21   #10
BHPian

DND Toll Cost

Is it OK for DND to charge Rs. 22 (one way for cars) for 3.5 kms of the road. They have kept on increasing it for the last few years.

If I compare this with the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway Rs. 18 for almost 20 kms until you cross the second toll. Thats a huge cost DND is charging and then you get stuck in those huge lines for 15-20 minuites even if you have a silver card .

PS: Modds could not find anywhere else to post this ( i did use the search). Please put it on the correct place if this is not the one. Thanks.
Old 18th April 2009, 23:52   #11
BHPian

AFAIK, the DND is on BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) basis. So there is going to be an increase every year or after an otherwise stipulated time period in the toll till the costs are met. (My understanding, maybe wrong!)
Old 19th April 2009, 10:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Anant, that is how all infra projects are (or a variation of the same).

Difference in DG expressway is the volumes, the lack of a viable alternative, and the humungous number of buses/trucks which use it (they pay MUCH more than regular cars do).

kindly wait some 3-4 years once KMP expressway and metro comes in - DG expressway will lose trucker/cab revenue and will hike charges massively - unless there are lakhs of nanos which start plying

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks