Team-BHP - Caution: Little angel/fairy/princess inside (Baby on board signs)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Caution: Little angel/fairy/princess inside (Baby on board signs) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/36590-caution-little-angel-fairy-princess-inside-baby-board-signs.html)

Just curious to know: how many of you out there
(with infants/young kids in the family) have the stickers: 'Caution: Little Angel/fairy/princess/prince inside' stuck on your rear windshield? Did you feel it made any difference to the motorists following/ overtaking you?

I have a 15 month old daughter - and don't have any such sticker on my car. Never felt it would make any difference.

PVS, am abulance with blinking lights on and siren on full blast rarely makes any impact on the general motoring population out there. What chance does a mere sticker stand?

......it brings instant sunshine to my daughter's face.

On a more serious note, I have had the pleasure of being allowed by cops to use diversions during thick traffic stops whilst she is fast asleep in the rear bench. A lilttle request & basic courtesy still exists in our badd baddd world yet.

In my personal opinion, the pink mothercare board that reads " Princess ON Board" works wonders.

Trust the same applies to my dear friends here as well.

Cheersclap:

I too don't think this makes any difference in our Indian scenario. One needs to be really cautious to drive behind a school bus in the US, but not here. It is the same situation. On the lighter side it is like the "Ok" sign behind trucks..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PVS (Post 749882)
Just curious to know: how many of you out there
(with infants/young kids in the family) have the stickers: 'Caution: Little Angel/fairy/princess/prince inside' stuck on your rear windshield? Did you feel it made any difference to the motorists following/ overtaking you?

I have a 15 month old daughter - and don't have any such sticker on my car. Never felt it would make any difference.

Seen on many cars in BLR. If I observe the message is abt a INFANT, I give enough leeway for the driver. Probably I am toooooo sooooooooft in my heart for them.

Young Kids/Prince/Princess are beyond my imagination.

I dont think it actually makes any sense at all to the crazy lunatics tailgating the car in their Indicabs and Sumos. All they care about is creating the most chaos on the roads.

I dont have one on my car, however wifey says it would be nice to have one once the little ones arrive.

i too am planning to get one.. i saw some in mothercase@indiar nagar/bangalore.

i don't expect much out of it. but i am sure some people will understand why i am dead slow when i go over speed humps or bad patches of the road. or at least, i don't have to feel guilty that i am hindering the traffic as i have a sign-board that explains the reason :-)

more importantly.. it's cute.. and a nice way of sharing the good news with the rest of the commuters :-)

My opinion is, I do not feel it will help us anyways. Motorists will just ignore these things and go the usual way they are used to.

Gents.....baby on board stickers - I tend to slow my car & try to keep a far distance. Also, I'm generally not a good driver, a bad one you can say, always love driving it rashly. When I see infants/ kids on a bike, try to maintain a far distance as well.

It is the change of heart what is needed when you see something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_07 (Post 749936)
Gents.....baby on board stickers - I tend to slow my car & try to keep a far distance. Also, I'm generally not a good driver, a bad one you can say, always love driving it rashly. When I see infants/ kids on a bike, try to maintain a far distance as well.

It is the change of heart what is needed when you see something.

i agree.. i am super cautious when i see a bike carrying infants. let us not be cynical.. most people might not notice it, but when they do notice.. they slow down or just become cautious.

i too am usually slow down and maintain a safe distance when i see a bike carrying infants.

and ditto for the car as well..

the indicabs and the sumos wud anyways ignore such signs but still, it feels good in the heart that atleast u made a difference and dint trouble others...

will definitely get such a sign when i have my baby :)

I do give them preference and when I see one of these stickers it does bring me a smile and respect to the driver/parents who are using the car.

Such stickers have always brought a BIG smile on my face & I am eagerly looking forward to putting one on my car also soon. On my way to becoming a papa... clap:

After going through the posts I am wondering whether to get one. I have a baby boy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 749977)
After going through the posts I am wondering whether to get one. I have a baby boy.

I would say , go get it. Lets do what we can being a forum who loves automobiles and drivers. Its got to start somewhere.