Team-BHP - Met with an accident, need help :(
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Met with an accident, need help :( (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/37322-met-accident-need-help.html)

Guyz,
Today morning while driving to office, a 3M Limited's office bus banged into my car.
There is a very clear visible dent on my car.

The driver is telling he will pay the full expenses for the repair.

please let me know what is the right way to get the fix done.

The 3M driver is saying he has a friend who fixes these problems, and is asking me to go to him instead of Ford, as the dent is pretty small and Ford would charge more for the same.

I am thinking i will lodge a complaint to the 3M security office and get this done the right way.
Please help, what would be the right thing to do, as i am not aware of these things :(

Please help!!!please: as i might not get paid for the repair if this gets extended.

Stick to procedure. Ask your insurance person for advice as well as the service station guy.

I have US license, i do not have an Indian license, will that hurt me if i go to insurance. please:

I beleive that it's better that you get the work done in his friend's garage instead of all the harassment by the police since you have U.S license and also the bus will be from a transport provider and not from 3M.

rrod - i assume now ur in ur office. how will you reach this 3M driver again for the repairs ? i presume he must have given his phone number for the same
if so - call him and get it done at that friends workshop but take 2/3 of your friends along when u go

dont leave ur car there - get the work done and collect it waiting there..

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 768851)
rrod - i assume now ur in ur office. how will you reach this 3M driver again for the repairs ? i presume he must have given his phone number for the same
if so - call him and get it done at that friends workshop but take 2/3 of your friends along when u go

dont leave ur car there - get the work done and collect it waiting there..

+1 and do remeber narayan's last line "DO NOT LEAVE CAR AT ANY COST", do check out the quality of paint if any paint job is to be done, it must be "cobra" be least.

Best of luck

Better still, take him to a place u can trust, not Ford (expensive) so he's ok, not his place - but someplace someone on this forum can vouch for.

Around Koramangala - RAC will do an ok job. Around JP Nagar, there's Sai Colorium I've heard about. All these should be cheaper than Ford, yet do a good job.

At any cost, do not leave your car with them.

Its fair to go to a good place cheaper than Ford. If the damage is not high, the normal procedure is not worth the headache.

If you do not have no claim bonus to lose, you can claim insurance and get a higher compensation from the driver. The A.S.S will take care of the formalities.

RRod, I'm sorry to hear about your minor accident.I know it hurts in a new car. Please follow the advice above given by other members in the forum. Also, please get an Indian license mighty pronto.

Though I'm not very sure, but if you are not having an International Driving Licence then there might be a problem..

Quote:

Originally Posted by RROD (Post 768836)
I have US license, i do not have an Indian license, will that hurt me if i go to insurance. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RROD (Post 768836)

That alone will make you ineligible for any insurance claim. They insist on a valid Indian license.

I hope you haven't told the other guy about your license. Do you own the car or someone else does ?

Simple, get it done from the guy he knows and stay there and collect the car. It's not such a big problem. And, yes get a Indian license right away

color matching can be a problem if done at outside places.

Its best not to mention that you have a US license. Anyone looking to make a fast buck will pick on you,and you could get into legal issues.

I suggest getting the help of BHPians from B'lore,and take them along. If you can get the job done at a reliable place,thats better than taking the car to the Ford dealer.

Kinda OT, but how can you drive with a US license in India? As mentioned,an international driving permit is needed. This might be an issue in the future,if the cops stop you and ask for your documents.