Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 15:53   #1
BHPian

4 days old Swift Vxi, back bumper clamp came out due to over-urgent motorist

I am a owner of a Swift Vxi which is hardly 4 days old. Today while taking a crossing through the intersection, one motorist who dont like to stop his vehicle and not able to guess the speed of my vehicle, almost knocked the bumper and the result is one side of my bumper and also got a bruise. It is loosed out and is hanging out all the way from the lights in the rear. It looks like the clamp gave up. Though it looks like I might need to just add a new clamp to put it back in place, I am just wondering what might be my best way to fix it. Any ideas? I will try to see if I can post some photo.
Old 31st March 2008, 09:44   #2
BHPian

Images Added

Here are the images of my loosened bumper due to the accident
Attached Thumbnails
4 days old Swift Vxi, back bumper clamp came out due to over-urgent motorist-swiftbumper1.jpg  

4 days old Swift Vxi, back bumper clamp came out due to over-urgent motorist-swiftbumper2.jpg  

Old 31st March 2008, 10:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

@ubsmart, you would need to get used to these things. Part and parcel of driving on Indian roads. Shouldnt cost much to fix, i believe.
Old 31st March 2008, 10:48   #4
BHPian

ubsmart,
More often, the bumper is just misplaced from the clamp.
I suggest You to try this: Hold and Lift this side of the bumper from down, to the clamps position and try to set it in place.

This worked for me when the same happened to my Swift courtesy 2wheelers.
Old 31st March 2008, 10:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

If the bumper bracket is broken then it wont cost u much money and time to replace and fix it..

If the the clamp of the bumper is broken then u will need some jugaad work like adhesives to fix it..

Anyways nothing to worry much. It will be fine.

Last edited by kpzen : 31st March 2008 at 10:52.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:16   #6
Team-BHP Support

Take it to garage and get it refitted with new clips, if the bumper clamp are broken or out of shape, use araldite to fix em. Regarding the scratch just do a brush touch up.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

OT: Really sad to note the above. It happens all the time only to the new vehicles wherein we drive very carefully. Inevitably, something or other happens. I have tried this many times on the electronic gadgets too.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Thank you every one for the replies. I went to my dealer and he got this fixed with a new bumper bracket for me. It normally costs Rs 30/- but it is waived off for me. I need to live with the small dent though. benbsb29, I agree that it is part and parcel, but the gift came very soon for me ...the new car feeling is yet to sink in for me.

Once again thank you all. You guys rock. THis is such a lovely place to be if you are a motor enthusiast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks