Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 21:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from Bandra East and on my way home to Reclamation, I witnessed a large crowd and a couple of fire ambulances and lots of cop cars at the long turn under the bridge on the sea-link road. As we passed by, I saw what the scene was all about. A black car lay on its roof, badly smashed from all ends and mangled beyond recognition, even twisted to a certain angle from what I could make out. Could not get pictures since my father was in a hurry to get home. Rescue operations are still on. The car MIGHT have been an RS but i'm not sure. I could only notice the alloys and in that moment it did not strike me which make/model it was. Hopefully more information will crop up. I hope the passengers survived, the crash looked really bad. Anyone please add more information to this.

Earlier in the day as well, an incident occured at Reclamation, this time near the U-turn. A lot of police vehicles appeared out of nowhere, and a black MUV was towed away with a bike. I'm sorry I do not have any details on this incident either, but pictures (of terrible quality, used digital zoom on my phone cam) I clicked from my window. Looks like somethings been up at Reclamation all day.

Drive safe guys!!

Why can't I ever edit my posts? Update : Crowd's cleared. I think the car has been towed away. It was lying on the divider i.e. the strip of plants and trees running between the two sides of the road, this was a detail I forgot to mention earlier. Any more information guys?

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2008 at 12:22.
Old 14th April 2008, 22:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very sad and unfortunate.

From what you say, I doubt if there might have been any survivors. I pray they were lucky or a miracle happened.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Going by the description it would probably be in tommorow's newspapers, obvioualy with their due masala.
Hope the occupants have got away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Why can't I ever edit my posts?
The forum requires you to edit posts within 20 minutes time from the original post.

manson.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

ohh man i wish the people onboard survive..
Old 15th April 2008, 00:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. If I was a cop, I'd have written the first post as :

Two young irresponsible youth with rich parents, under the influence of alcohol, lost control of the flashy and expensive car while on their way to somewhere.

Considering it was a holiday today and that the scene at reclamation is pretty crowded on holidays, what with bikers and couples parking and sitting by the divider itself, I doubt it will be ascertained what exactly happened. The car, well I tried to rack my brains but I still couldn't come up with an answer. The rims weren't stock AFAI-remember,some six-spoke alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The forum requires you to edit posts within 20 minutes time from the original post.
Thanks for that bit of info manson. And i'm really surprised not a single BHPian passed by the place during that time. I figured so what if I couldn't get pictures, someone on the forum definitely will. Never mind. It'll definitely show up in the papers tomorrow or day after. The BKC Zen crash took a couple of days I think.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2008 at 12:23.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:21   #6
BHPian

I drove by the accident and also saw the car on the divider with a cover on it. That is why i presumed it must have been an exotic and they were trying to hide it from all the attention it must have been attracting. I also only saw the rims and could not figure out what it was... but those were pretty big rims. i guess time will tell.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well liv2drv now that you have said it, I think i'll say this, but please dont take my word for it folks. The wheels looked very similar to the Aston's wheels on my earlier profile pic. What the car really was though, only the papers will tell. And they say nothing today.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, any car thats lying in its roof on the divider will attract attention. I cant think of too many black exotics with after-market rims.
Old 15th April 2008, 16:41   #9
BHPian

i dunno about an aston martin... but i felt it might be something quite nice under the cover. the side panels also seemed nice. no mention of it yet in any of the mid day newspaper. lets just wait and see. otherwise which police station would the car be taken to. the one under the bridge??
Old 15th April 2008, 17:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier in the day as well, an incident occured at Reclamation, this time near the U-turn. A lot of police vehicles appeared out of nowhere, and a black MUV was towed away with a bike.
i'd like to see that pic of a bike towing an MUV
Old 15th April 2008, 18:30   #11
BHPian

no news as yet? I'm too curious to know what car that was... its been chewing my brain all day! How can nobody on tbhp know..
Old 15th April 2008, 18:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could not get pictures since my father was in a hurry to get home.
Quote:
I'm sorry I do not have any details on this incident either, but pictures (of terrible quality, used digital zoom on my phone cam) I clicked from my window.
So do you have pics or not? Please post them if you do.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
i dunno about an aston martin... but i felt it might be something quite nice under the cover. the side panels also seemed nice. no mention of it yet in any of the mid day newspaper. lets just wait and see. otherwise which police station would the car be taken to. the one under the bridge??
yeah as I said i'm not sure. Anyway today on the way to my exam (imagine!) I stopped by the spot at the Reclamation Sea Link to get some pictures of the place, attaching some. The light pole has been FLATTENED completely, and looks almost like thats the thing which contained the car from crossing over to the other side, becasue it's sort of U-shaped if you see from the pics, going around the plant. The divider has minor damage, but there are tyre skid marks on the road. A smashed bit of glass too. I couldn't see the wreck at the place under the bridge, so i'm guessing its the main Bandra Police station at Hill Road opp. the Vodafone showroom. Thats where Salman's LC was for the longest time, while Alistair Parreira's Corolla was taken to Khar PC on SV Road. Didn't have time to go to the Bandra place cause, as i said, I had an exam !!

Horrific Accident At Reclamation !!-dsc00210.jpg

Name:  DSC00211.JPG
Views: 7128
Size:  87.4 KB

Horrific Accident At Reclamation !!-dsc00212.jpg

Horrific Accident At Reclamation !!-dsc00213.jpg

Horrific Accident At Reclamation !!-dsc00214.jpg

Horrific Accident At Reclamation !!-dsc00215.jpg

Horrific Accident At Reclamation !!-dsc00216.jpg

Horrific Accident At Reclamation !!-dsc00217.jpg
Old 15th April 2008, 19:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

after looking at the skid marks i think he did not see the little left curve,and throttled and by the time he realised ...Banggggg... it into the pole,looks very serious high-speed crash,just hope theres no casualities
Old 15th April 2008, 19:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
i'd like to see that pic of a bike towing an MUV
My friend, the intricacies of the english language. Towed with a bike, implying towed alongwith a bike, not towed by a bike. I have a snap of the black Innova being towed away but its beyond pathetic quality. Not fit for T-bhp! The mods would probably delete it in dusgust and hand me an infraction

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 15th April 2008 at 19:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks