Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

I know of a very good place who'll cut the paint marks using a very fine sandpaper & then polish it back to showroom levels of quality. Will PM you the details.
Old 6th May 2008, 00:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I had a kind of similar experience when they had to do tinkering on my driver side door.Paint booth was not working and so they had to manually do the paint with a spray gun.They didn't covered the other parts(like windshield/Boot/passanger side etc.) and the fine mist got sprayed over those parts.I didn't noticed it that time and when I reached home I found that the paint all over the those parts were quite rough.There were specks of paint over the glass also(those I removed using nail-polish remover).But I didn't touched the body and get the car to the service center next day.They said it just needs a polish with a rubbing compound.And they've just took and hour and half and the car back with all the glory [actually I found the car body was smoother then ever]. So just get the rubbing and polishing done and you should be fine I guess.
Regards,
Kaushik

PS: as iRaghava said, they use very fine sandpaper with some kind of solution mixed in water(I guess some thinner but not so sure) while doing this process.
Old 6th May 2008, 12:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

thats a terrible incident @starscream

i would suggest pick a Thinner(not the one for industrial use) and moist a cotton cloth in it and rub on the affected area.

try it on a non priority area i.e. roof

if it helps then go ahead and after this have 2 coatings of some good quality wax.

and i think your vehicle will be as good as new
Old 6th May 2008, 13:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for your suggestions.
I took the car to Prime Honda this morning. They took a look at it and said that it needs fine sand papering and then polishing - obviously does not need a repaint. The glass surfaces need to be worked on with a clay bar. The whole thing will take two days and cost about 3,600 rupees.
I've previously been very happy with Prime's paint work (they'd fixed a dent and a scratch in 07). I plan to go to them and hopefully make GIP pay.
I will try and post pictures.
Thanks again.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Thanks all for your suggestions.
I took the car to Prime Honda this morning. They took a look at it and said that it needs fine sand papering and then polishing - obviously does not need a repaint. The glass surfaces need to be worked on with a clay bar. The whole thing will take two days and cost about 3,600 rupees.
I've previously been very happy with Prime's paint work (they'd fixed a dent and a scratch in 07). I plan to go to them and hopefully make GIP pay.
I will try and post pictures.
Thanks again.
What ? 3600 Rs for that job ? It seems like day time robbery to me(but that's how Honda charges their customers anyway).For me I was charged only Rs 1800 and that includes denting/re-painting the bumper sides and painting the ORVM's to body color and then Polishing next day.And it took only 1.5 hours to finish the polishing part(they took 1 day for the other things).
Anyway,do what you think best for your car.
Regards,
Kaushik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks