Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 14:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to the Hyderabad Municipality

I was in Hyderabad last week and was pleasantly surprised to see very clean roads... I knew that in Hyderabad they used sweepers at night to clean roads.. but this time was different.

Here's why.

Mobile Road Sweeping machines

Kudos to the Hyderabad Municipality-04052008001-small.jpg

Kudos to the Hyderabad Municipality-04052008002-wince.jpg

Its heartening to see that not all bureaucrats are sleeping, and some of them are thinking in the right direction to introduce new technologies to cater to the growing infrastructure.

Another Surprise was a mini truck mounted sweeper in Vizag!

Now when these cities can think of such things, what ails the BBMP in Bangalore - the so called silicon valley of India ?

The sad truth is that the administration in Bangalore has been very lax about infrastructure and has watched the city grow beyond its seams.

Last edited by smsrini : 8th May 2008 at 14:11.
Old 8th May 2008, 14:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

IMO, i always felt that HUDA (Hyderabad Urban Development Authority) does a much better job towards maintaining the city, over the BDA; based upon my experiences having lived in both these cities.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats awesome. Wishh all the cities have these with them and also a proper garbage disposal system
Old 8th May 2008, 16:28   #4
BHPian

Welcome Competition

Its good to see this happening in Hyderabad.

Maybe BBMP will wake up and try to catch up with the competitor.

All we need is that some newspaper in BLR publish this news. Definitely the officials here will jump at it.

cheers:
Old 8th May 2008, 16:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... I thought of posting this a few times but could never get a decent image with my cell camera at nights. However there is an interesting observation here. Although this sweeper truck with huge vaccuum hoses that you see has an AP registration there are many others which bear a UP registration. Strange is not it? Basically means that someone somewhere in UP owns these trucks and has leased them out to HUDA. By extension then I presume that there must be at least some cities in UP also where they use these trucks. Now which cities could these be? Has anyone seen these trucks in UP?
Old 8th May 2008, 16:54   #6
BHPian

I think I have seen these trucks in Bangalore too, around silk board.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

I believe that the trucks have the registration no of UP because the trucks are from UP. The fabrication etc can be done in Hyderabad or any other Metro.

It is similar to Fabrication of Fire Engines where we buy the Chassis from Karnataka and send it to Faridabad or some other place for fabrication. And after this, it will come back to Karnataka with KA registration.

But this is a good start and BBMP will definately catch up as they are already doing the "Swachha Bengaluru" programe which is unique unlike other cities. It is about the garbage collection on a muncipal auto/push cart which comes at your door step for collection.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:53   #8
BHPian

@snaronikar:- Thats AP 10 and not UP

Seen this kind of truck here in Noida and on Ring road in Delhi too, quite sometime back, Good initiative, the sad part being the trucks work on the peak hour and on the busiest roads of Noida thus piling up traffic

BTW havent seen them from quite sometime for now. Dont know whether the contract is over or the Noida Authority guys found them useless
Old 8th May 2008, 20:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

these trucks dont work too well btw.. not all of them suck up the dirt.. most of them just sweep it away.. and the dust settles down back in sometime.. anyways it a step ahead in terms of thinking.. good to see that.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Good to see this happen in H'bad. Wonder if anything close to this will ever happen in other cities.It would be so good if this was standardized,and every city atleast had clean roads.Asking for good roads seems to be a big deal,but clean..that should be somewhat possible.!
Old 8th May 2008, 22:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
IMO, i always felt that HUDA (Hyderabad Urban Development Authority) does a much better job towards maintaining the city, over the BDA; based upon my experiences having lived in both these cities.
Na man, I differ here, Gurgaon is completely on god's mercy. HUDA is just like a dumb deartment here.
Old 8th May 2008, 22:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Na man, I differ here, Gurgaon is completely on god's mercy. HUDA is just like a dumb deartment here.
Even God has forgotten about Gurgaon. But in Gurgaon's case HUDA means Haryana Urban Development Authority which is completly different from Hyderabad Urban Devlopment Authority (HUDA in Hyderabad)
Old 9th May 2008, 02:10   #13
BANNED

BDA has got nothing to do with maintenance. Its BBMP's job.

You will be amazed at the equipments BBMP has got
- automatic pot hole filler, which will fill a pot hole in few minutes according to International standards.
- vaccum suction pumps lorries
- road side dirt cleaner and others.

I have seen the vaccum suction pump lorries doing the jon in inner ring road at around 11PM.

Pot-hole filler machine was damaged by the contrators/engineers, so that they get the contract to do it manually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Isn't Bangalore roads clean? When you drive in the morning, do you drive on dirty road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Now when these cities can think of such things, what ails the BBMP in Bangalore - the so called silicon valley of India ?

The sad truth is that the administration in Bangalore has been very lax about infrastructure and has watched the city grow beyond its seams.
Old 9th May 2008, 09:55   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Isn't Bangalore roads clean? When you drive in the morning, do you drive on dirty road?
Wonder which roads you drive on, coz i dont usually come across very clean roads here. To prove a point i could go ahead click some pics and post it here, but thats stating the obvious.

Take a look at any road, and you would see that a part of it is not usable because there is sand covering quarter of it.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Daiblo,

This is not about beating up any particular state.

AP is my 'janma-bhumi', KA my 'karma-bhumi'. I would like them to be the showcase states of India.

I havent seen a mechanized sweeper truck in Bangalore as yet. If they're being used on the ORR, well and good. I would like them to be used more inside the city as well - MG Road, Infantry Road, Queens Road, Palace Road, around Vidhana Soudha as well. These areas are the most visited spots in Bangalore.

If BBMP has roadside sweeping/cleaning machines, why cant the road dividers be clean and clear of the black soot and dirt, making them more visible.

Why do the railings and reflective markers have to be dirty ? Shouldnt they be clean and clearly visible ? BBMP installs these markers and in a month, they turn black and thereafter are of no use.

Why should there by sand on the road shoulder ? This make it unusable, adding to the chaos.

I sincerely hope there is a better administration in this state and city to take it to greater heights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks