Team-BHP - At Garuda Mall parking!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   At Garuda Mall parking!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/39689-garuda-mall-parking-3.html)

That hurts! There is this apparently good paint shop in JP Nagar - a friend who leaves his Swift there swears by it, although I've not seen the place. I'll talk to this friend and get back to you.

I feel that the MLCP at Forum is designed much better than Garuda. The MLCP at Garuda looks like they just constructed it to fill out the remaining space.

O.T why is that the malls here charge their customers for parking? In all the other counrties I have been to, parking in the malls is free. Even ITPL charges the visitors (or employees without the pass) for parking. And it is a flat rate of Rs 10/hour. The management here seems to look into every available opportunity to rake in the moolah.

OT: one reason why the charge could be real estate is expensive, and that is needed for parking (space). If it becomes free you will soon see people park car inside malls and roam around cities in auto.

Sad to see this happen to one of the best maintained car in TBHP :Frustrati

But, you were lucky that the taillamps were intact, otherwise you would have lost more Vitamin-Ms

Had a chat with Ramamurthy of Suraksha. A big thank to Vid. Ramamurthy looks knowledgeable enough to say what all I had asked for.

Car's going there tomorrow. I should be getting it back on Tuesday (he said Monday). Estimate is 7000/- plus. Sundaram quoted 21,250/- plus/minus.

Let me take a chance. I don't think I'm off here.

Oh i never knew they take non maruti vehicles also. They have a good paint shop that much i know.

Jaggu, let's see what I get back. I've a feeling it would be OK.

I think this happened because you recently made a joke about GM and Microsoft in the jokes thread.

Your car may have been targetted for assault, even though I convinced you to delete the joke - I am afraid it was too late. The powers that be must have read it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 831690)
Oh i never knew they take non maruti vehicles also. They have a good paint shop that much i know.

They are authorised MASS but he does body work for any car. Couple of days back there was a civic for some tinkering/painting. My Alto goes there and Lancer for a couple of small bodywork.

The quality of work and amount charged are very very good. His paint matching and finishing is considered very good.

Let's see how it goes. I'll probably drop by once I'm back in town on monday morning.

Ouch!! thats bad. Sheer Bad luck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 831680)
Car's going there tomorrow. I should be getting it back on Tuesday (he said Monday). Estimate is 7000/- plus. Sundaram quoted 21,250/- plus/minus.

Is that estimate for replacement or repairing of quarter panel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 831749)
Ouch!! thats bad. Sheer Bad luck...

Is that estimate for replacement or repairing of quarter panel?

Tinkering and painting no replacement.

Ouch, it hurts to see a Black Optra in such condition (I own one too). Sorry for the same.

Wokies thats some good info there. Let me know if i need to drop in and check, 15 mts from my office.

Forget the malls, which are also entertainment centres with movies halls. The Spar Hyper market (which is basically a big groceries shop) on Bannerghatta Road, actually charges parking fee for its customers :Shockked:. Guess what, you won't get parking during weekends :eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by leodelg (Post 831343)
O.T why is that the malls here charge their customers for parking? In all the other counrties I have been to, parking in the malls is free. Even ITPL charges the visitors (or employees without the pass) for parking. And it is a flat rate of Rs 10/hour. The management here seems to look into every available opportunity to rake in the moolah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 831600)
OT: one reason why the charge could be real estate is expensive, and that is needed for parking (space). If it becomes free you will soon see people park car inside malls and roam around cities in auto.

Tough luck Rudra - Looks like it was an SUV who back up too much. Whatever it was with or without security camera footage, I dont think there is anything you could do about it now.

Hope Suraksha does a good clean job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 831712)
They are authorised MASS but he does body work for any car. Couple of days back there was a civic for some tinkering/painting. My Alto goes there and Lancer for a couple of small bodywork.

The quality of work and amount charged are very very good. His paint matching and finishing is considered very good.

So Vid is a usual customer here eh? doesnt say much for your driving Vid :D ;) !

Where is this Suraksha place?