Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 03:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

How silly can people get?

I happened to visit the DMV office here, my colleague wanted to practice parallel parking in the designated area(box) in front of the DMV office. Now, the designated area is marked ouy in white lines, with two traffic cones at either ends to aid practicing. When we reach there, I can see two cars, both stationary, in the designated area. One car is 3/4ths into the area and blocked by the other car which has only its boot in the box. There is, what appears to be remnants of radiator fluid(at least I think so, to explain the situation) under the car in front. We assume(wrongly) that the car in front is stricken somehow and cannot move. But I could not understand what the car behind was doing. Each car has a couple inside. We pass them and park our car ahead, and see two fellows removing the cones from near the box to another space, perhaps to practice.

We get chatting with these fellows and then get to know what the actual situation is. I could not believe it, I am sure neither can you.

What actually happened is, the guy in front(whose car has the boot area in the box) wants the entire box to himself, so his wife can practice. Other people tried to talk sense into him by mentioning taking turns etc., but apparently this guy is a total uncivilized <include all unmentionables that come to your mind> guy, so he refuses to oblige. So the other couple has spoilt his party by blocking the box by putting their car behind his and this is the deadlock situation that we witnessed.

I am ashamed to see this kind of behavior from my fellow countrymen.

Once we had the cones in place, all of us took turns and practiced in the new area and the moron was seen substituting himself for one traffic cone, so that his wife could practice. One wonders what would have happened to his car/him if he were in India. Apparently someone tried reaching police, but the call was not picked up.

Last edited by kuttapan : 23rd June 2008 at 03:39.
Old 23rd June 2008, 06:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

probably no action was taken because using that area for practice was illegal anyway, even though cops totally ignore that and understand people's needs.

there are many instances which make you ashamed of sharing origin, the best you can do you is put better example forward.
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:24   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
kuttapan : I am ashamed to see this kind of behavior from my fellow countrymen.
Had to be a desi. Wonder why is it so esy to guess this one !
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
probably no action was taken because using that area for practice was illegal anyway, even though cops totally ignore that and understand people's needs.

there are many instances which make you ashamed of sharing origin, the best you can do you is put better example forward.
No they could not reach the police at all, I dont think they would have disregarded such a thing.
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

You can take the 'lion' out of the 'jungle', but you can not take the 'jungle' out of the 'lion'!!! :-(

PS: Substitute 'lion' with any other animal of your choice.
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:57   #6
Team-BHP Support

wow all that happened in the US of A, are all the cops out acting in COPS!
Old 25th June 2008, 12:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
You can take the 'lion' out of the 'jungle', but you can not take the 'jungle' out of the 'lion'!!! :-(

PS: Substitute 'lion' with any other animal of your choice.
An equivalent American idiom: You can take the trash out of the trailer park, but you cannot take the trailer park out of the trash.

FYI, trailer park is the American equivalent of a (legal) slum in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks