Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 10:44   #16
BANNED

Entry from Outer Ring Road into Kasturi Nagar is blocked due to roadwork. One has to get off the ORR and immediately take a left and then a right to get on to Kasturi Nagar Main Road. Be careful at night.

Good news: the road running parallel to the railway line near Byappanahalli RS (behind RMZ Infinity on the OMR) has been made a 4 laner for a good part and is now superb.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Do you guys know that road designers / town planners from the US visit Bangalore as part of their study? They go back with the knowledge of "How to design roads / plan towns like an IDIOT?"

This is the case of a great city like Bangalore where people pay CRORES as income tax / road tax.

One look at the roads and anybody can imagine the pea-brain behind it. I'm still looking for that great MORON behind the great Krishnarajapuram Rly Station junction and the amazing Tin Factory "Noodles" junction. Watch that juction for a minute and you'll agree God exists!
Old 9th January 2009, 12:48   #18
BHPian

Well one contribution from my side, there is a manhole which is way above road hight on the right most lane just before the Sanjaynagar signal after mekri circle. Went over it one night while going to the airport and was lucky that I was in the Cedia or would have had to tow my car back that night. Another one of these marvels of our superb road engineers right on the right turn towards Sukh sagar mall, just next to the theatre. This time was not so lucky and got a nice big dent on my Santro.
Old 18th January 2009, 02:59   #19
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Great to see the thread alive and kicking. Well, actually I hope for the sake of all Bangaloreans that the roads will improve someday to the extent that this thread would become irrelevant. But honestly that's like building castles in the sky.

Really nice piece of advice on the previous page (sorry I forgot who mentioned this) about using the city road map to mark dangerous spots. Possibly we could use color coded keys like red for really bad stretches, orange for below average ones and exclamation signs for hazards etc etc. If anyone has that kind of expertise with digital map modification it would be neat.

Further, we could forward this to a newspaper or other online publications to create even greater mass awareness for improved road safety conditions. Utopic, I know. In the meantime please do keep the contributions coming and have a safe and happy 2009!
Old 7th April 2009, 12:46   #20
BANNED

New unmarked / unpainted pedestrian crossing + speedbreaker at:

1. Old Madras Road in front of Big Bazaar
2. Old Madras Road at the Beninganahalli railway underbridge (in front of the Bata showroom where Nagvarapalya Main Road meets OMR)
3. Railway Parallel Road, Sadananda Nagar (behind RMZ Infinity OMR)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks