Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 15:24   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Morning drive to office: Do you notice the same car/driver every day?

Many of us drive down to work everyday using the same route and mostly around the same time each morning. How many of us have noticed that over a period of time one tends to notice the same cars/people driving in opposite direction and depending on the time you leave from home, you even pass them around the same stretch of road every day.

Over a period of time, I too have noticed few vehicles/drivers that I pass everyday on my morning drive to work. At times if I don't cross them, I feel as if I have missed something. One of these days may even say Hi to them and see their reaction

I drive from Bannerghatta Road to Mysore Road (Via Kanakpura Road) and these are the vehicles I see on most days:
  • A light brown Maruti Esteem just within a KM from my house. The person has big mustaches and have NEVER seen him relaxed/smiling. Always has a poker face that spells 'tension' to me.
  • A Red Cedia Sports that I usually pass on the JP Nagar/Family Mart Junction stretch. A very cool car and an equally cool middle aged driver. In fact, depending on where I pass this Red Cedia, I make a judgment call on if I am early, on time or late.
  • A Yellow Gypsy with Delhi Registration. (This one travels in the same direction as me). A young guy with spectacles. His looks communicate as to 'what the hell is he doing in a Gypsy' :-)
Old 28th July 2008, 15:39   #2
BHPian

Ya, I see the same yellow colour 3-Wheeler everyday.
(dont forget, they are BS-III compliant)

I dont recognize them by the way they look.
I recognize them by the way they sound. Each one has distinct sound.
Most are loud enough to cause damage to your years over a period of few years.
Old 28th July 2008, 15:44   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yep. Have noticed these cars: Route: Dwarka to Gurgaon

- A red Swift VDI ABS. Noticed this because I see it quite often and ABS cars are rare. (I have a VDI ABS too)

- An alto driven by a pretty girl who talks very animatedly on her mobile (using a bluetooth device). The car has Alpine stickers at the back.

- A new white accord. Unfortunately, the looks are spoilt by black after market bumper strips.

- A sumo cab with the Najafgarh Premier League 20-20 cricket tournament banner.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th July 2008 at 15:45.
Old 28th July 2008, 15:50   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Each morning I see a Navy Blue I10 with both its ORVM's folded, driven by a be-spectacled gentleman of middle years - wonder why he bothered with fixing the 2 mirrors when he doesnt use either.
Then there is a Black Scorpio driven by a lady ferrying some kids probably to school.
And a badly driven, somewhat squashed up at the rear, Silver Honda City ZX which I avoid like the plague.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its true. I notice a grey Beemer 5 series everyday when I traverse Banerghatta Road daily, at around 9.45 am or so. There is also a striking yellow Fiat 118 NE (made over) with a bespectacled middle aged gentleman behind the wheel. And of course, there is the ever present foreign gentleman who drives a light blue Premier Padmini which has been made into an open top drive Im sure the latter ride has been noticed by most people in Bangalore.
Old 28th July 2008, 20:58   #6
BANNED

Quote:
In fact, depending on where I pass this Red Cedia, I make a judgment call on if I am early, on time or late.
What if the red cedia too uses you as a "reference point"? And both of you are late / early on same day?

BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2008, 22:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Everyday 3-4 months, i used to see this girl in a swift when i was going towards my college and she on the way to hers.
Happened for 1 month
Now, She's My New Girlfriend.

Usually see a Red Modded baleno always on my way to the office. ( If not always)

Everyday see this Green Crv driven by a fair gentleman with his wife and son in the morning .
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2008, 22:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

I see this girl waiting for her company bus daily. Other than that there are a couple of cars - one esteem with 6676 number plate and one white M800 with Govt Vehicle written behind it.

More later.
Old 28th July 2008, 22:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

I notice these vehicles most of the days on my way to e-city (Blr)

1) A brand new F-Red Palio Sports driven by a woman
2) An SX4 - Again woman driver
3) A black Baleno - Woman driver but she drives it like a race car. (Very rare thing to be seen)
4) VW Passat - middle aged driver (cum owner)
5) Mitsubishi Montero - middle aged driver (cum owner)
6) Mitsubishi Pagero - with Reg. No 1953 - I guess it is the birth year of the owner.

Too many Santros Altos and Indicabs so noticing any one from them is too difficult.
Old 29th July 2008, 01:58   #10
BHPian

I see a white sx4 on my way to office everyday. Thats the only car I ( eagerly ) watch out for.
Moreover, the distance I travel is only 4 kms
Old 29th July 2008, 08:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Everyday 3-4 months, i used to see this girl in a swift when i was going towards my college and she on the way to hers.
Happened for 1 month
Now, She's My New Girlfriend.
That's cool cheers:. Great use of the time spent on the road.

I hope that few years down the line we don't hear that she is my "w1f3" now .
Old 29th July 2008, 09:54   #12
BHPian

I see one dirty Bolero everyday...can't he just wash it?
...ooops that's my Bolero.

Last edited by Torqy : 29th July 2008 at 09:56.
Old 29th July 2008, 10:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
That's cool cheers:. Great use of the time spent on the road.

I hope that few years down the line we don't hear that she is my "w1f3" now .
and then knowing his tendencies, she will get him a driver and a car with curtains to make sure he doesn't get any newer gfs that way
Old 29th July 2008, 10:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
I see a white sx4 on my way to office everyday. Thats the only car I eagerly watch out for.
Enna ranjit-bhai, so who is at the wheel of the white sx4 that makes you so eager to look out for it ? Must be a PYT in all probability, I would think.
Old 29th July 2008, 10:25   #15
BHPian

I see a white VW Passat driven by a Sardarji gentleman everyday on my way back from E-City to Kormangala.
Also a white SX4 driven by a senior executive type who is always speaking into his bluetooth headset.

Many years ago (2002-2005), while in college in Pune, I used to see a foreigner every single day for 3 years. He had a chromed silver Bullet and a chromed fireman type helmet, both of which were always shining! He always rode very quick, and I used to ride with him from Koregoan Park to RTO. I wonder if anyone has seen him since.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks