Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2008, 18:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

1) I never ride a bike when it rains.
2) I never drive the car with windows rolled down when it rains.
3) I take crae not to splash water on bike riders / pedestrains to the maximum possible extent.

For those who don't care about the bikers on water filled roads, you all are BAD people!! You can be a bit more considerate while driving until our country has better infrastructure or everyone has cars. The bikers will get angry at you even if it is not your fault - imagine yourself at their position. This is not a developed country folks.
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:29   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep_K_Ram View Post
I dont agree that "two-wheelers" should not come out on the road when its raining. Riders are not fools to drench themselves unless there is some urgency.

My family certainly thinks I am a fool.
It starts raining and I get the itch to start riding in the Rain.

Kya karen control nahi hota.
Old 3rd August 2008, 21:28   #33
BHPian

Some people start their riding / driving / travelling on 4 wheelers, some on 2 wheelers, some ride a bus, some take autos, some take to walking. The "HIGHER" you start, the MORE DIFFICULT it becomes to understand the "LOWER" guys......and it shows in the way you drive around, bully other road users.

It could be another TBHP-ian's dad or mom or sister or brother riding around. Nobody is out riding in the rain to get splashed around. The fact they're already drenched doesn't give anybody any right to pour sewage water on them.

So, think about it. Sorry to be preachy....just couldn't stop myself.

Old 3rd August 2008, 21:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

So....have we decided who is responsible?
Old 3rd August 2008, 21:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
1) I never ride a bike when it rains.
3) If driving a Car, I take care not to splash water on bike riders / pedestrains to the maximum possible extent.
I too do the same!

I guess this is the most appropriate thing to do!
Old 3rd August 2008, 22:24   #36
BHPian

Its the responsibility of the person riding/driving the vehicle to be careful not to cause any difficulty to others on the road especially in wet condition.

Equally its in the own interests of pedestrians, two-wheelers to look out for such things and not put themselves into situations where they could end up with a mud bath
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
So....have we decided who is responsible?
Somewhat!

Unfortunately a lot of the TBHPians are missing the point of discussion and are reiterating/preaching the point one has to be considerate to others (do unto others...), especially towards the so-called lesser vehicle drivers - some are even turning leftist and pot-boiling about some imaginary bigger vehicle drivers who may not be adequately considerate .
However, please note no one is refuting that one has to be considerate and slow enough on road on rainy days - and it is also a no-brainer most of us have that sense.

The question really was what happens in situations where all your considerateness is no avail and you indeed can't help but to shower some water on the biker/car driver/pedestrian on the road if you really need to move on. Is it your fault or something one has to accept as the reality of the road?

Clearly, most of us who have addressed this real point do feel one has to take care of oneself/come prepared on to the road and it is inevitable for some splashing to happen. And that there is no point in arguing and fighting over it. Of course, the responsibility, everyone agrees is on Government to provide better drainage on roads.

Btw, one of the points that I did not reveal in the first post, so we are on the topic of splashing than yuppie road manners is that the duo on the bike had an upright middle finger from the moment they had come to the side of my car, and with my kids on board, I necessarily had to chase them a little wildly for sure. (phamilyman - you now understand a little more on why I had to have some attitude!)

cheers:
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Unfortunately a lot of the TBHPians are missing the point of discussion and are reiterating/preaching the point one has to be considerate to others (do unto others...), especially towards the so-called lesser vehicle drivers - some are even turning leftist and pot-boiling about some imaginary bigger vehicle drivers who may not be adequately considerate .
Which is exactly why I asked the question in my previous post. Thank you!
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:58   #39
BHPian

well I drive a bike very often and when it rains I get wet all over! from my undies to my pants! I'm usually fully wet

If you do get splashed by a car then its not the cars fault, there is water on the road.. the car cant help it.

I been splashed 100's of times there is nothing you can do !

So bikers stop cribbing and blaming cars.
Old 4th August 2008, 00:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Glass,

Why don't you don a couple of glasses of the good stuff - I mean water, and just re-read your original post. What it reeks of (unlike the res tof your regular sensible posts) is arrogance combined with aggression. I replied in kind, others have been kinder. And the perspective is all there.

@Steer: Yeah, who cares either ways. Let's just lock this thread and get on with life.
Old 4th August 2008, 00:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Greg, read your post just now.

My point was really a situation like this: (typical vasant vihar outer ring road delhi)
water on left lane (lots), right lane dry. decent morning traffic. everyone trundling along in late 30s by right lane. one or two call center cab walas amble slowly through the water, then comes this hero in an indica, who decides to try aquaplaning, splashing every car in right lane till the windows. as for the bikers, no comments.

THAT is an insensitive driver. Unavoidable stuff, ain't complaining. The biker in the original post was requesting only - haloo chalo. Whats' wrong?
Old 4th August 2008, 02:02   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Reading this thread made me more careful when I drove in the rain tonight!

As phamilyman just said; there is the unavoidable, and the careless. There are those who think about it, and those who just don't think about anything other than themselves and their own vehicle
Old 4th August 2008, 03:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Greg, read your post just now.

My point was really a situation like this: (typical vasant vihar outer ring road delhi)
water on left lane (lots), right lane dry. decent morning traffic. everyone trundling along in late 30s by right lane. one or two call center cab walas amble slowly through the water, then comes this hero in an indica, who decides to try aquaplaning, splashing every car in right lane till the windows. as for the bikers, no comments.

THAT is an insensitive driver. Unavoidable stuff, ain't complaining. The biker in the original post was requesting only - haloo chalo. Whats' wrong?

Maybe he was just in hurry?
Whatever the case when its raining and you are out there you can't complain when you get wet cheers:
Old 4th August 2008, 09:06   #44
BANNED

Each feels correct from his point of view, naturally! The thing is when 2 wheelers get splashed with dirty rain water on the roads, do you expect them to not feel infuriated? Now some might just curse you and get on but others will stop by you and say their mind. Now if you are sitting in your car warm and cozy just smile and wave at them as some one said, even if it wasn't your mistake and that will be the end of it.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:21   #45
BHPian

for me it is lage raho munna bhai style..
i guess everybody remembers the scene where the sweeper is cleaning the hospital floors & he gets pissed off b'cas people are inconsiderate.... a simple sorry makes him realize that it is invevitable that it becomes dirty the moment he cleans & continues his work b'cas he feels people are not doing it on purpose..

apply the same here, 2 wheelers are not brain-dead people & cars are not intellects...
2 wheeler guy/gals are not fools not to expect splash when it is raining.. they get upset when they feel it was done in a manner "DONT CARE" attitude..

even you inadvertently splash water on them, even though it not your mistake, just say sorry & see the response... thats why this country is a gem...
some intellectual a s s do that on purpose & still say sorry just to get the kick...

what you throw at the world comes back to you some day... so be considerate...

between, i like riding in rain on my bike more than driving in my car....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks