Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2006, 21:50   #31
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Awesome story mate, but I think you could have beaten her easily, you have an Ikon for gods sake!!!
Maybe, but in city driving conditions, I would normally back the highly maneuverable Zen against the Ikon. The top speed reached was apparently 120 kph, but it is easily within Zen's range. Ikon may have a higher pick-up, but the smaller zen in the hands of an experienced driver should be able to make very tight overtakes not possible in the Ikon on narrow and traffiic-filled city roads. Similarly, my Santro ZipDrive (1 lit) easily zips past most of the bigger sedans in cities and even on busy highways like the Pune bypass road. On the Pamvel-Sion highway under traffic-filled conditions in the evening, I had a lengthy race with a Skoda Octavia who made amazing overtakes, but couldn't shake me off from his tail. Finally I caught up with him and overtook him as soon as we exited this highway towards Ghatkopar. It takes something like the Expressway to put the Zens and the Santros in their places.

Incidentally, eventhough the Zen is supposed to be faster and zippier than my Santro ZipDrive, I have overtaken just about every Zen on the Expressway or on other highways. Wonder why Zen drivers don't venture into high speeds? Maybe it is not very comfortable at 130 kph or higher? Or maybe Zen drivers are all very mature (of the older generation) and not interested in high speeds?
Regards, rks
Old 16th May 2006, 22:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian
Glad to see everyone enjoyed reading this post of mine. Am surprised that people are now replying to a post from March of last year.

My encounters with maroon zens continues ... however in a slightly different way. I am getting married this July to a girl whos dad owns a maroon zen. My fiancee doesnt drive the zen so the similarity ends there.
Congrats dude. The end was unlike in a hindi film though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks