Team-BHP - Its a bird....Its a plane...Its our Cycleman
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Its a bird....Its a plane...Its our Cycleman (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/45125-its-bird-its-plane-its-our-cycleman.html)

5.30 PM Yesterday:
I am just leaving my office in behind ITPL. Hit the road, and it is already full. Suddenly something flashed through on my left. I didn't really see it. I looked to my left and see a bike overtaking me. All of a sudden the biker brakes hard and I hear a scream.

Now I see it. There is a man (foreigner) on a geared lightweight cycle. Guess what, he is doing a wheelie, which resulted in someone among the crowd screaming . Looks like he did that for the folks waiting at the bus stop. He suddenly speeds away, and he catches the side of a bus to gain more speed. For a moment, I don't see him as he cuts through a busy junction at atleast 30 Kph. He gains speed whenever approaching speedbrakers and 'yumps' over those which great skill. Most of the time he was doing all these with hands off the handle. He does wheelie with one hand on the saddle and the other waving to crowd

I caught up with this man on the main road after SAP. Tapped my horn and gave a thumbs up, which produced a smile in return. Great skills, this man has. Great guts too, as he was going all these on a road filled with mentally retarded drivers.

My super hero- The Cycleman:thumbs up. Anyone spotted him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 962007)
...as he was going all these on a road filled with mentally retarded drivers.

IMHO you can add him to that list:)

I see such retards during my evening commute back to home on the ORR as the "New Horizon College" is next door to my office campus and such maniacs are on the loose always. I see riders doing without any proper head gear and that too on public roads which clearly states that they ain't concerned about their life for sure but jeopardizing others on the road.

Send him to Delhi/NCR and he will forget cycling...

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 962605)

Naah, just send him to Calcutta..

He ll forget walking..

Instead of thumbs up you should have shown him the middle finger; such a dangerous idiot.

Quote:

Great skills, this man has. Great guts too, as he was going all these on a road filled with mentally retarded drivers.

Yeah! Great skills right but at the wrong place and wrong time - that is the subtle difference between a hero and a maniac. I would suggest not glorifying these.

Quote:

He is really :mad:. Obstructing the traffic endangering his life as well as life of others going on that road.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 962605)

no dude..i use my Merida for commuting...riding in delhi isnt that tough!!
but what that firang was doing was insane. If someone had been doing so on a bike he would have been ostracized, then why not someone on a cycle??
you are as safe on the road as the other guy rides/drives!

Guts and skills are okay, but he is a threat to the other road users.

And yes, I agree with zaks: a middle finger instead of a thumbs-up would have been more appropriate.

The holding bus part is stupid. Other than that he's an attention seeker. As long as he's not unsafe, sab chalta hai :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaks (Post 963125)
Instead of thumbs up you should have shown him the middle finger; such a dangerous idiot.

True. This guy needs to work in a circus.... or maybe had just escaped from one. :Frustrati

Quote:

I caught up with this man on the main road after SAP. Tapped my horn and gave a thumbs up, which produced a smile in return.

@WK, my suggestion is, dont encourage such people. Public roads are not the places to perform stunts.

The next time you see him, tell him the road is not the place for such antics. God forbid, someone hits him, given our traffic rules, the guy who hit him would be at fault.

IMHO this guy is a complete moron.

Cheers,

Rajan

Yeah, this should not be encouraged on public roads - dangerous for the riders, as well as other road users.
Having said that, I wish more people were cycling :)

If I were a cop, I would've booked him under "culpable homicide not amounting to murder".