Team-BHP - Alto meets buffalo!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Alto meets buffalo!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/45757-alto-meets-buffalo-2.html)

Man, its certainly bad.

This is really a case to be rectified.

As many of you would have noticed, the site of such animals on the roads are becoming more and more. May be we are taking all their homes in the name of new Apartments? :)

Oh god, how many things we car guys need to handle on these Indian traffic?

Jay walkers, autos, 2-wheelers and a new addition (may be older entry?) to the list is "BUFFALOs".

Is the Buffalo alright?

Quote:

The grass was not greener on the other side, you scared them and they went beserk, with animals you have to be careful not to scare them otherwise you have no time to react to their actions.

When I see animals on the roads, I slow down and wait for them to clear up, without blowing the horn. Unless they are seated, they usually clear up.
I don't know how could I scare them, I didn't honk at all!! Plus I was moving in the middle lane and they were sitting quietly, it didn't even look as if they were trying to cross. I sure would have stopped if that was the case, even if I was in a HUMMER!!!
Well jokes apart, will certainly be more careful from now on. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:

Its been raining Buffalo Crash in teamBHP, word of caution for other drivers. Next time I see buffalo on road I will oblize them to cross first then I proceed.

See, these creatures can make damages to cars much more than what you get when you sell it to others.
True. And I guess, I'll do the same from now on, even if they are sitting quietly or will try to cross in the cover of a bus or truck(With of course, maintaining a safe distance. They are even more unpredictable than the mindless cattle)!!

Quote:

Looks like this is a season of Buffalo meetings!! Soon as part of Indianisation, manufactures will start advertising for Buffalo crash tested up to 15kmph!!

Jokes apart, Dry Ice – you did not mention what happened to the Buffalo – certainly of lesser consequence, but I hope the Buffalo will not come up with a 3rd party claim later!!

Let me add one of the first rules that my dad taught me long ago about safe driving:
Whenever you see a animal (especially cattle) on the road ahead of you, never speed and attempt to pass the vehicle thru the front of the animal. The animal will only keep moving forward in spite of the advancing vehicle. Options for you is to either slow down and let it pass or if space permits, pass thru the back of the animal. The animal will rarely turn back and move, actually it is very difficult for the four legged animals to turn back and move.
Thats precisely what I do as well. But if they are sitting comfortably how would you know when are they planning to cross over?? I mean the damn animal wasn't even on its feet when I was about 100 ft from it!! And suddenly its up and running!! But, I'll surely keep what you said in my mind. Thank you for sharing..

About that buffalo, she was fine, no damage except maybe some hair loss!! I later saw some of it stuck on the ORVM

@mjyothi
I know dude, its a jungle out there:D

@sam
Like I said, she is fine.:thumbs up