Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 19:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Money seems to be more important than human lives in our country. Wish things get better and the rules which are made for these cabbies are enforced too
Old 16th October 2008, 20:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

It's not so much the driver who is at fault but his employer. In the west if a commercial driver is found doing over time his employer would be arrested first and then the driver. Incidentally we have an interesting discussion going precisely on this subject of driver fatigue on a different thread under travelogue
May be the mods could merge this there or the other one here ?!?
Old 16th October 2008, 21:56   #18
BHPian

Believe me I never believe any driver in the late night driving. I never sleep when I am in a vehicle for a late night driving. I seen all most all the drivers tire between 3 am to 5 am in long drives. With out their intension they slow down and suddenly stop taking to other persons. This indicates their tiredness. At that point mostly I ask my driver(s) to pull down for small rest break.. surprisingly with in 30 minutes break most of them come back to regular driving mood .
Old 16th October 2008, 23:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Was on my way to Mangalore in an Indicab, I was sitting in the co passenger seat with wife and her colleague in the rear, as we were on the Hassan byepass, I noticed the car weaving from left to right, looked at the driver and he was barely managing to stay awake, asked him to pull over and switched places with him and he slept next to me all the way to Mangalore while I drove the cab.
Lukeskywalker that was one close call...its good that you noticed the car weaving and were not engrossed in conversation otherwise it could have been fatal.

PS: Its good that you know driving as well otherwise you would have to make him stop and then wait until he wakes up from his sleep to continue the journey .

Cheers,

Peter
Old 17th October 2008, 14:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
With out their intension they slow down and suddenly stop taking to other persons. This indicates their tiredness. At that point mostly I ask my driver(s) to pull down for small rest break.. surprisingly with in 30 minutes break most of them come back to regular driving mood .
Yes,even I too observed and do the same with drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks